Elite Controller Destiny Configs

Stoke192

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
With the release of the Elite controller in a few weeks and I know a few of you on here (inc myself)have ordered one.
Having not actually given much thought to how I'd actually configure the extra paddles :laugh:

I'd interested to here your thoughts or how you plan to configure yours :)

Three paddles on the back mapped to A, X and Y for me, never have to take your thumbs of the sticks to reload, swap weapon or jump :). B doesnt need to be mapped for destiny as its not important.

Then ill have the trigger stops set up on both triggers, untill you use one you wont know how much it improves your shooting the trigger stops.

Three paddles on the back mapped to A, X and Y for me, never have to take your thumbs of the sticks to reload, swap weapon or jump :). B doesnt need to be mapped for destiny as its not important.

Then ill have the trigger stops set up on both triggers, untill you use one you wont know how much it improves your shooting the trigger stops.
Pretty much the same setup for me as well. Jumping on a paddle will be the biggie for me as we spend a lot of time jumping around the place and to be able to and still have full control of your character will be a big bonus.

I've not decided whether I'm going to try the second config slot stored on the controller for a sniper profile where I have a fiddle with the stick sensitivities. Might give it a go and see how effective it is.

MS are going to provide downloadable setups as recommended by pro gamers for games anyway

B for long slide shotgun in the crucible maybe

Can you program it to complete the jumping puzzles for you?

Hope so, if not.... it's going back ;)

I'll be interested in the Destiny profiles that'll be available for download.

Just been into a Gamestop in the US and they had never even heard of the Elite.

When he looked it up on their computer his words were '$140, that can't be right'

So I told him what is was/did and he was gobsmacked :rolleyes:

Anyway, 2 weeks too early to pick one up which is a shame. My missus will put her foot down once we get home:(

New shiny shiny has arrived :D, not had chance to have a go yet, as I'm being stared out by my 10yr old desperate for his exotic sword......he is under strict instructions of not to touch, it'll be good to have had a go before it's dropped on the floor ;)
Had a quick look at the app, there's no pre configuration for Destiny yet, but there's a few Halo 5 one's in there already :)

Mines not been dispatched from amazon which is annoying! Hopefully I will get it tomorrow

Got mine today. Looks great. I did think the hair triggers would be more than they are. I think they reduce the press by about 50% so still good.

Really undecided on the length on the buttons. On a quick play it felt like you have more control with the longer one. Maybe that one is better for sniping?

I have a feeling ill be pressing the two lower paddles by accident if im not careful though!

Got mine today. Looks great. I did think the hair triggers would be more than they are. I think they reduce the press by about 50% so still good.

Really undecided on the length on the buttons. On a quick play it felt like you have more control with the longer one. Maybe that one is better for sniping?

I have a feeling ill be pressing the two lower paddles by accident if im not careful though!
Yeah, I came across this last night whilst trying to use it (for the first time) during the DoO, I think I'm going to remove the bottom left paddle because the way I hold the controller I keep catching it....don't catch the bottom right paddle for some reason though.

You can customise the triggers further in the app. As well as setting the amount you need to depress in hardware (trigger stops) you can also make it more sensitive in software so that you don't need the trigger to reach the stop (whether it be the normal stop or the 50% stop) for it to be fully activated. It changes the trigger from an anologue one to digital. Normally the digital input would be at the trigger stop, but you can set it so it's from the slightest depression.

This could be a good thing to get rapid fire from a scout rifle etc. Or it could be a bad thing with the slightest depression setting off a rocket launcher resulting in death (cough, @gazred35, cough :p).

You can customise the triggers further in the app. As well as setting the amount you need to depress in hardware (trigger stops) you can also make it more sensitive in software so that you don't need the trigger to reach the stop (whether it be the normal stop or the 50% stop) for it to be fully activated. It changes the trigger from an anologue one to digital. Normally the digital input would be at the trigger stop, but you can set it so it's from the slightest depression.

This could be a good thing to get rapid fire from a scout rifle etc. Or it could be a bad thing with the slightest depression setting off a rocket launcher resulting in death (cough, @gazred35, cough :p).
doesn't it go from 0-20, it wasn't obvious what was the highest sensitivity.....im guessing 20 but I'm Sure mine defaulted to that.
it didn't seem clear in the app if it was saving your settings either, especially as the slot tick boxes continually became unticked.

Just reading today and there is a preset button config in destiny that lets you map your super to a single button which could be very handy. You could then map the elite or a regular controller with the update to move everything back to where you want it.

So many options with this.

At first I was thinking:

Setting up two lots for PVP. I found with 4 paddles I was pressing them by mistake so 2 is about right

Slot 1 as a shotty setup and slot 2 as a sniper.

Slot 1 to have jump and crouch/slide as the two paddles Slot 2 to have weapon swap and crouch/slide

Being able to do those without taking off the aim will be great. Not sure which was to adjust the sticks for sniping or to just leave it?

For trials revive/reload will have to take up one of the paddles with maybe weapon swap for the other if i'm running sniper.

I guess doing this I could use the usual switch weapons button to activate my super.

Also someone suggested using one oc the back paddles to sprint which could work

I removed the bottom left paddle as I kept catching it unintentionally, which was better but thinking a 2 paddle set up with jump and reload mapped is going to be best.
It's going to take a while to get used to it though....as I keep using the existing buttons lol
Edit : Thinking about it, I will try mapping sprint to bottom right, jump to top right and reload to top left and see how that goes :)

I removed the bottom left paddle as I kept catching it unintentionally, which was better but thinking a 2 paddle set up with jump and reload mapped is going to be best.
It's going to take a while to get used to it though....as I keep using the existing buttons lol
I think I was half and half last night with this. I think by the end of the night I'd gotten used to using it for jump, but couldn't remember which was reload and which was switch weapons, so tended to use the buttons for those. Think I might try a two paddle config tonight and see how that goes. I'm not the greatest multi-tasker and four paddles to remember might be a step too far at my age :rotfl:

I think I was half and half last night with this. I think by the end of the night I'd gotten used to using it for jump, but couldn't remember which was reload and which was switch weapons, so tended to use the buttons for those. Think I might try a two paddle config tonight and see how that goes. I'm not the greatest multi-tasker and four paddles to remember might be a step too far at my age :rotfl:
Lol, I hear you, old dogs and new tricks, and all that ;)
I had jump mapped to bottom right and kept catching it, not as much as the bottom left paddle, but catching non the less....sticking sprint down there shouldn't be as problematic due to needing to press and hold to sprint.

I had jump mapped to bottom right and kept catching it, not as much as the bottom left paddle, but catching non the less....sticking sprint down there shouldn't be as problematic due to needing to press and hold to sprint.
I don't think that sprint is normally press and hold.

Once you start sprinting you don't have to keep pressing the stick as long as you are still pressing forward.

Jump on mine was top left and it felt OK by the end of the night. I think top right will be better for me though, so will change it later. By the time I got on last night everyone was ready to kick off a raid so didn't have time to run the app and customise it. I think jump top right and reload top left for me for starters. When I'm used to that I may try and add in the other paddles, but need to get muscle memory for those two first.

I don't think that sprint is normally press and hold.

Once you start sprinting you don't have to keep pressing the stick as long as you are still pressing forward.
Your probably right mate but I always press the stick down and hold, just thinking it would be less problematic than having jump there as I tend to flick it accidentally and the paddles are quite sensitive.....i try it and see how it goes :)

I've decided to go with a 2 upper paddle set up for now, with the right being mapped to jump and the left with reload and i'll see how that goes.
Once I get used to that, I can see about adding the others in...having 4 is like learning to ride a bike again ;)

Did you guys know the warranty on the product is a measly 3 months? Just been having a 'discussion' in live chat about my headset that lasted 4 months and all accessories only have a 3 month warranty.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom