Elite: Dangerous Xbox One

Might be worth trying 4K and Quality modes, @oasismark

I'll have a look once I'm up and running tonight but TBH I'm not expecting too much as my monitor is only 1080p.

Might be worth trying 4K and Quality modes, @oasismark

I'll have a look once I'm up and running tonight but TBH I'm not expecting too much as my monitor is only 1080p.

I presumed performance would stop the stuttering this game does alot.

I assumed it was just ageing eyes and a 1080p display that explained why I couldn't discern much difference when I played it last night!

Bringing up the galaxy map and going to outfitting or the shipyard is much faster than it used to be, so the extra raw number crunching power does appear to bring benefits....

I assumed it was just ageing eyes and a 1080p display that explained why I couldn't discern much difference when I played it last night!

Bringing up the galaxy map and going to outfitting or the shipyard is much faster than it used to be, so the extra raw number crunching power does appear to bring benefits....

I popped on for a quick play earlier in the week just to test things out. Seemed crisper, but that may have just been the new TV, and station menu and galaxy map seemed to load much faster than I remember them doing.

That was before the "fix", so I'l have to hop back in to see what that's done :)

Will add that to the list of “must start playing again now they’ve been updated for the X”

“Sadly” that list is growing seemingly by the minute, so not sure exactly how many of them I will actually start playing again :laugh:

For me this is a "must start playing" game...... Played the 1 hour game preview trial, loved it, bought it, never played since. :facepalm:

Finally got back onto this last night after a couple of months off. The Galaxy Map Search was sooooo slow though, and the game eventually crashed so gave up on it.

Fired it up just to check out what it looked like in 4K and certainly sharp but looking round the cockpit was very sluggish but had it set on ‘Quality’ so perhaps if that was set to ‘Performance’ it would be smoother.

Anyone got any tips with the FDL? Fitted mine with the Huge MC off my Conda, and 4 gimballed pulse lasers. Constantly overheating though when I use the lasers for more than a few seconds.
Also is there any point fitting upgraded armour to it? I’ve fitted Military armour, but my shields seem to cope ok, so tempted to just get rid of it. I’ve got A rated shields, but considering switching to Bi-Weaves too? What have other people gone with?

I went full dakka on the FdL I used to grind out Combat Elite - MCs all round. That gets rid of the overheating issue but it does mean having to carry a stash to materials to fabricate reloads or do your fighting near a station so you can buy ammo when you run out, which happens quite quickly!

Biweaves worked much better for me than normal shields - they recharged much quicker. Normal shields seemed to take an age.

I wouldn't worry too much about military armour. I went more for a shield tank - once you were down to relying on armour, things bad generally already gone south!

I'll see whether I can find the reddit post I followed when engineering my FdL.

EDIT: FDL engineering guide - how to build your own PvE Mur-de-lance • r/EliteDangerous

Thanks. I went for lasers partly as I thought they might strip shields quicker, and partly to allow me to stay out longer before re-stocking ammo. But I’m only 2 jumps from my base station so could switch them out.
I’ll flog the posh armour though.

Horses for courses with lasers v kinetic weapons. I can't honestly say that I felt I was losing anything in speed of taking down shields once I'd engineered my MCs as per the link. Small ships dissolved on the first pass. Medium ships took a second pass. Only Elite Anacondas and FAS really took any time to take down.

Engineering is what makes the difference though. G5 engineered lasers would probably be equally impressive, if you could engineer other bits to manage the heat....

I’ve gone for a compromise of Huge MC, 2 MC on the side of the ship, and kept 2 pulse lasers on the nose. I’ve moderately engineered them (corrosive & incendiary on the MC, efficient pulses. G3 dirty drives have made a big difference to speed and manoeuvrability. Switched to bi-weaves too (they’ve worked well before).
Only had time for a quick trip to a CNB and for some daft reason took on an Elite Anaconda head on. Finished it off, but had a really badly cracked canopy and battered ship by the end. I’ll repair and pick easier targets to properly try it out next time.

Just started this again now that Beyond has launched on Xbox. So much has changed for the better!

FDev seem to have killed off mission stacking entirely ... can't stack combat zone kill missions anymore :( I wonder what the "go to" make money strategy is now, if I'm going to ever complete my fully engineered Corvette loadout and fully fit a new type 10 defender and Chieftan I'm going to need even more credits as I can't break up my existing ships!

Community goals are good as you can double dip, profits during the goal and payday after. Missions still stack if you get them from different factions (often every "legal" faction in a system will give missions to kill the same pirate faction. These still stack. You just can't get paid multiple times.... From the same person

If anyone's interested in getting the wing achievements done (I'm a solo player normally) ... even though you can do a wing mission solo, it doesn't count for the achievement. I've set up a session on TA to try find some people to wing up with to asynchronously run some wing missions and get together to hand them in for the achievement : Gaming Session for Elite: Dangerous tomorrow at 22:00

Good to see you back, @durera! Thanks for the couple of free achievements last night! :D Where did you round up the other two guys from?

If you figure out a straightforward way to kill 1,000 Thargons, do let me know! I haven't really paid much attention to the Thargoids to date. Killing 10 scouts for the achievement was easy enough but I haven't experimented at all with AX weapons and taking on the bigger ones.

Ditto getting killed by the ATR. I'm assuming you have to max out your notoriety (10, I think) before they come after you rather the normal system cops. I had a quick play with the new Crime and Punishment regime and killed a few random NPCs at a nav beacon. That took notoriety up to 2, so I surmise you need to go on quite a murder spree to max it out.

You also then need to play 2 hours in open for each point of notoriety to expire, so it's going to have quite an impact on what you can do for a good while afterwards given you are locked out of station services in higher security systems.

I’ve killed a few thargons while fighting thargoid interceptors. The remote detonation flak cannon thing is perfect for taking them out.

You don’t even need to kill the thargoid interceptor, you can run after taking out some swarms of thargons if things get a little too hot to handle.

I’ve not looked into the ATR thing yet, it’s probably the last thing I’m going to try for, I figured I’d rack up some kills in a compromised nav beacon in a cheaper ship, to avoid dealing with the cops, not sure whether ATR will come into a CNB but I assume they will.

Canonn Research thinks a significant event will occur within the next 2 days in Elite
Tidbit facts that they have pieced together. It's largely speculative for now.

Pollux listening post, which has remained silent and not broadcast any messages up until now, has been updated with this message:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/180545013891989505/431518013808967700/unknown.png
It's part of a message used on D Day to give a 48 hour announcement that D day was going to happen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanson_d%27automne

During WW2 this poem was used to inform the French Resistance in Normandy that D Day was on the verge of commencing. The first three lines of the poem, "Les sanglots longs / des violons / de l'automne" ("Long sobs of autumn violins"), meant that Operation Overlord was to start within two weeks.
The next set of lines, "Blessent mon coeur / d'une langueur / monotone" ("wound my heart with a monotonous languor"), meant that it would start within 48 hours and that the resistance should begin sabotage operations.

Supposedly, something will happen or be announced on the 7th April 2018. Assuming this is going to be similar to what happened with D-Day as the poem is hinting at.That would bring us to Saturday, which is the second to last day of Pax east.
It is worth noting that the D Day broadcast occured at 23:00, 5th of June 1944 and D Day actually commenced on the 6th, 24 hours later.

FDev is at Pax - their meeting occurs at 23:00 hours April 5th - today.

The Pollux system itself is supposedly a non-strategic mining system, the only unique part of it is the aforementioned anomalous listening post. If the transmission was sent by Aegis, Pollux may have been chosen for its remoteness and inconspicuousness.

They don't know if it's Thargoids, Guardians or even anything important or interesting as the information currently obtained is largely speculative. Though one Canonn researcher did state the following:
"On a scale from... Twenty to Everything's on ****ing fire this is definitely an "Everything's on ***ing fire""

So I finally came back to this after about 6 months away (feels like longer) to find I’d left my cutter floating around somewhere in the Pleiades. So I went to dock at the local Asami Orbital. First request was refused, but second was accepted. First problem was my docking computer didn’t kick in - I checked and it was functional and switched on. Then when I entered the station my assigned pad was lit up as “Emergency vehicles only” and even though the landing bullseye went to blue I couldn’t land. I ended up leaving and cancelling docking. What’s going on? What should I have done?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom