Emma. Movie Review and Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks Cas. This looks great fun. But I will wait until the bitrates go back up to watch it, for sure!

This enforced experiment in releasing new movies as expensive rentals could potentially change the movie industry forever. That is of course if enough people don't baulk at the price.

This enforced experiment in releasing new movies as expensive rentals could potentially change the movie industry forever. That is of course if enough people don't baulk at the price.
I hope they do. I like going to the Cinema

I was not interested in this film. "Oh look first world problems" is what I thought. But the Favourite is a great film, so if this is anywhere near as good as that then I'm in. Thanks Cas but I'm holding your feet to the fire for this one ;)
It does cost twice as much as I would pay for a cinema ticket though.

I hope they do. I like going to the Cinema
I only go for "event" films but I'm reminded of my recent Joker experience. It really made a difference to how I perceived the film so yes I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never been interested in streaming films. For years I have been renting dvd's, & now blu ray & 4K UHD titles from Cinema Paradiso, at far cheaper cost than the streaming boys!
Playing back on my LG E6 OLED via Panasonic DMP UB 700, Sony DA5400ES amp. along with Monitor Audio silver speaker 100 system plus Yamaha sub. For me watching films with that arrangement is far superior than going along the streaming route!

I have never been interested in streaming films. For years I have been renting dvd's, & now blu ray & 4K UHD titles from Cinema Paradiso, at far cheaper cost than the streaming boys!
Playing back on my LG E6 OLED via Panasonic DMP UB 700, Sony DA5400ES amp. along with Monitor Audio silver speaker 100 system plus Yamaha sub. For me watching films with that arrangement is far superior than going along the streaming route!
We use Videobuster here in Germany for the same reasons as yourself. But we do stream Movies that we really want to see but would have to otherwise wait some time for on Rental, or of course the 99 cent beauties on iTunes, & "free" Movies on Amazon Prime.

*deleted* just watch the film :)
It's not The Favourite, it's much lighter in tone. But so much is said between the words and in the glances between characters. Very enjoyable.

Your feet are saved Mr @Casimir Harlow .

8/10

Last edited by a moderator:
I Thought it was bang average.. nothing more to say.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom