Ennio Morricone: Oscar-winning Italian film composer dies aged 91

Truly one of the all time greats of film music in my top 5 of most albums of there sound tracks CD's. Has a different style to the other 4 as well.

R.I.P. Ennio Morricone

One of my favorites a lot of people wont know.

I always enjoyed film scores going to the cinema in the 70's but it was Ennio's score for “Once upon a time in the West” that really cemented my love of them and his music in particular.
He was my absolute favourite soundtrack composer and all-time no 1 for creating such simple but beautiful melodies and he has left us such a body of work.
Thanks and RIP Ennio.

His contributions to cinema are legendary. This clip from Once Upon a Time in the West - collaborating with another legend in Sergio Leone - perfectly shows the art of sound and vision.

Sad news. :(

91 is a pretty good innings though.

Superlatives are often rolled out for the deceased but there's no 2 ways about it. He was a genius.

Sad news indeed. One of the all time greats. I'm sure I have vinyls of his in the loft from many years back.

RIP Maestro

Also lucky enough to see him in concert a couple of years back - was great

1594032022597.png

RIP

Today marks the passing of one of my favourite film composers. A legend who I’m pretty sure just about every single film fan on AVForums has heard the work of.

Ennio Morricone.

Over 7 decades he composed music for films such as Once Upon a Time in America, The Untouchables, Cinema Paradiso, The Hateful Eight, The Mission and John Carpenter’s The Thing.

But he’s probably best know for his scores on Sergio Leone’s spaghetti western trilogy - A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

He also done TV including The Simpsons.

Goodbye Maestro, you’ll be missed.

Rob.

Probably my favourite film composer, certainly one of the greats, very sad news. :(

His contributions to cinema are legendary. This clip from Once Upon a Time in the West - collaborating with another legend in Sergio Leone - perfectly shows the art of sound and vision.
GB1w3ov.jpg

They attended primary school together.

Sad news indeed. Ennio and Leone gave me a love of the Western genre that still exists today. What a truly great partnership that gave many great films, my two stand outs will always be The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West, both for me flawless in every way. RIP Ennio...
^^ and lost touch until he thought of his old pal for AFoD

Leone stopped Kubrick hiring him for A Clockwork Orange ...

(@ 2m:26s)

RIP "Dan Savio"

I think “Deborah's theme“ is probably my no 1 favourite.
I find the scene in the movie incredibly moving when Robert DeNiro is revisiting his old haunts.

Last edited:
A wonderful composer & not just of film soundtracks R.I.P. Ennio Morricone.
Thank you for the magic you have left us.

I always enjoyed film scores going to the cinema in the 70's but it was Ennio's score for “Once upon a time in the West” that really cemented my love of them and his music in particular.
He was my absolute favourite soundtrack composer and all-time no 1 for creating such simple but beautiful melodies and he has left us such a body of work.
Thanks and RIP Ennio.
[/QUOTE

Once upon a time in the west, did it for me as well. A true genius , rest easy sir.

Just got home today to the news that a True Legend of Cinema has past. What a sad day today is.
RIP Ennio.

One of my all time favourites and a huge part of some of my most beloved films of all time.

RIP.

I shed a tear this morning when I heard it on planet rock news, my younger workmate by ten years must've thought I'd lost it! Rest In peace Il Maestro.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom