Epson HC 3200 ( TW7000 in eu) - How to Fix Washed Out Blacks ?

fi3er

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

May I ask you for suggestions on how to improve on washed-out blacks I am getting from my Epson 3200 (TW-7000 in EU)?

Please have a look at the attached images. My room has white walls and ceiling and there is a glass facade on left hand side. I can not change anything about this unfortunately, its not possible to paint the room with darker colors.
Image size is 100 inch diagonal. I am currently projecting on a white wall but plan to get a screen.

1. Would grey screen help to improve the blacks? Any particular materials / parametres I should considers for this?
2. Any calibration tips that may help with the blacks? (I am using the out-of-box settings as I have zero experience with calibration)
3. Or - should I be considering returning this model and getting a different PJ, given my room conditions? My budget is £900-1400. I got this one for £850 which is a nice price I'd say, but not sure if the washed-out blacks is the reason...
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated, I like the colors and the resolution, but the blacks seem to be ruining the viewing experience as it somewhat prevents full immersion. Or maybe I am just driving myself nuts constantly judging the dark areas performance :)
Thank you,

Daniel

Attachments

• IMG-0333.JPG
    IMG-0333.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG-0332.JPG
    IMG-0332.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG-0331.JPG
    IMG-0331.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 182