Europa League

But haven't The Glazers given them the biggest debt in English football?
Brighton having the 2nd biggest.

Yes. Currently about £200m from a high of about £800m I believe. The Glazers load it / decrease it at their will. You won't have heard of this massive reduction in debt for obvious reasons.

Some clubs spend near £200m in a single year so hardly an issue for a club the size of Utd. My mortgage is massively bigger relative to my income and assets, as would most companies / individuals be

And it's not really relevant though from a footballing point of view. It would only be relevant if money was being pulled out of transfers and salaries. Which is clearly isn't as since the Glazers took over Utd have been one of the PL's highest spenders and highest payers. Just like before they took over.

If United went 35 years without anything it wouldn’t really affect the level of their worldwide support.

Actually felt sorry for Ole in the post-match conference. Poor bloke is way out of his depth he looked like he wanted to cry. He needs reliving of his duties.

How he managed to go from Molde and Cardiff relegation to United I'll never understand... I like the bloke but come on...

Actually felt sorry for Ole in the post-match conference. Poor bloke is way out of his depth he looked like he wanted to cry. He needs reliving of his duties.

How he managed to go from Molde and Cardiff relegation to United I'll never understand... I like the bloke but come on...
He used to play for Utd.

and that makes him a good manager?
No. He used to play for Utd, he had a relatively impressive record as caretaker and one must presume Utd thought he was worth a punt. It's not rocket science. If he doesn't work out he'll be sacked and replaced. Like every other manager.

I admire your loyalty Rustybin ......

Agree with all of that. Except for the bit about feeling sorry for him.

It was all looking so good in pre-season.....

I admire your loyalty Rustybin ......
It won't be my decision.

I think things will have get get considerably worse before he'd get the sack any time soon. Which I wouldn't discount.

Last edited:
Ah football, Arsenal score 4, Wolves take their first European win at this stage in nearly 40 years, Celtic get revenge over CFR and Rangers struggled against Young Boys. But a 0-0 fills up the discussion boards ;)

Ah football, Arsenal score 4, Wolves take their first European win at this stage in nearly 40 years, Celtic get revenge over CFR and Rangers struggled against Young Boys. But a 0-0 fills up the discussion boards ;)
And that's why Utd will be top dog for a long time to come. Their underachievement is just as interesting and profitable as their achievement.

Bury have won an away match more recently than United.

I suppose none of those other clubs had total domination for 20 years and rammed it down the throat of all and sundry.

Bury have won an away match more recently than United.
Not scored from a corner for over a year.

Favourite stat of the week though:

Fergie has won more than Liverpool in the last ten years and he's been retired for seven of them.

Now that is a good one.

Since United won an away match, City have won 12 games away, scored 79 goals and won the Premier League, Community Shield and FA Cup.

Manchester City have scored more goals in the last five games than United have since Solskjaer took over.

Now that is a belter!

The alternative is to stick with him.

The alternative is to stick with him.
Yes.

It would be ridiculous to sack him now. I think he could go at Christmas but unlikely. As I said, things would have to be a lot worse than they currently are.

I don’t think it’s a ‘talksport mentality’ for anyone to come to the conclusion that Utd are going nowhere under Solskjaer. It’s just as valid as the ‘give him more time’ approach. Utd have been pitiful under him after the end of ‘thank fudge Mourinho’s gone’ period and there is absolutely no sign it’s going to get better any time soon.

I don’t think it’s a ‘talksport mentality’ for anyone to come to the conclusion that Utd are going nowhere under Solskjaer. It’s just as valid as the ‘give him more time’ approach. Utd have been pitiful under him after the end of ‘thank fudge Mourinho’s gone’ period and there is absolutely no sign it’s going to get better any time soon.
I don't disagree with you. However going nowhere is not true. The rebuilding process has started.

I think sacking him today would be ridiculous

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom