Question Extract audio from eARC using iARKPOWER device

doctorcilantro

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just picked up a Samsung 7000 series which has eARC. I've battled some lip sync issues over the last year using Apple TV > LG TV (optical out) then later same issue with iARKPower splitter (optical out) > Auralic Vega G2 DAC.

I added the iARKPOWER device to try to mitigate the sync issue; over time the sync gets worse and worse until you replug the Toslink cable. Kinda went down the rabbit hole but didn't get anyway with Auralic (other than having to mail the G2 across the world), and I think my Android box has less issue than the Apple TV 4K.

Anyway, my goal and a question:

I'm trying to feed the Auralic G2 from the iARKPOWER splitter using eARC from the Samsung. HDMI from eARC then Toslink out to G2.

I'm using one 1.3 HDMI and other generic cables (one small, one large gauge).

Neither cables work, when I do this I see a new device (HDMI Receiver) pop up and disappear repeatedly.

I've been able to switch the Apple TV 4K into the mode which requires a high speed cable, and I only have a 1.3 HDMI. I've also tried changing to Stereo vs. 5.1 on Apple TV, as well as making sure eARC is on Auto and tried PCM on Samsung while trying various settings on iARK.

Maybe I need a better cable? I thought I would at least be able to get Stereo output.

thanks for any advice. Hoping eArc will solve the issues but I did just try a firmware update on G2 and changed Toslink buffer from 300 to 50ms (which I know I have tried before). I think I have also tried a different optical cable.

thanks!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
HDMI v1.4 cable is required ....from the site! derrrrr
With eARC your going to need at least 2.0 cables to take advantage of the full eARC. Might even recommend 2.1 if you want to future proof and avoid any bandwidth issues. In theory eARC should solve all your lip sync issues. I know it’s been a little rocky with lg oled’s, but hopefully fixed with a recent update. Which lg tv do you have? It also has to have eARC capability for you to be able to have eARC

HDMI cables are not version compliant - if you require a new cable look for a Premium High Speed or High Speed certified cable.

Unless your cables are long (5m+) I’d be more inclined to look at a better quality/more customisable HDMI Switch.

Joe

Thanks folks, I think I need a better switch that directly support eArc.

I've tried all configurations and was able to get a stable connection to "HDMI Receiver" on the iARK but never could output audio on any setting even through the analog stereo output. It doesn't seem to like eARC.

Have you tried using the Optical Out from the TV to the DAC?

If you prefer/need to use the eARC Out the HDFury Vertex² has been great so far when we have to convert eARC/ARC to an Optical or stereo out - there is no audio format conversion on the HDFury so the Output format ultimately follows the Input signal.

With the Vertex² you have the option to pass the Source via the TV or direct to the switch and retain eARC for the TV streaming apps!

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom