F1 2020 Chit Chat

I'm sure I read somewhere that Ferrari would still get around £40mil

Williams F1 sold to an investment company.

Hopefully that will give them the boost they need. Sounds like they were at breaking point and if this means they get more investment then there is a hope that they can at least move up the field. Probably won't be until the new regs come in but I think there was a real risk they wouldn't even be in F1 at that point

Wonder how long it'll take to change the name? Okay they're continuing on as Williams for now but if there's any hint of success won't the new owners want their name on it ultimately?

There is value and goodwill in the historic Williams name. Not like changing the name for a new team

Also Investment Company = sounds like wants to preserve the investment, possible sell on in the future after five or ten years

Who knows though

Agreed, and hopefully that's the way it pans out.

However there was also value and goodwill in the historic Lotus name until Renault decided it'd be a great halo product for them! Also to a lesser extent Sauber.

Four more races added!

Almost a "proper season length" now, so it won't diminish the accomplishments of whomever lifts the trophy... :rotfl:

RoundDateRace
14November 13-15FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020
15November 27-29FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2020
16December 4-6FORMULA 1 ROLEX SAKHIR GRAND PRIX 2020 (Bahrain)
17December 11 - 13FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2020

Last edited:
"Whomever" is an interesting way to spell "Hamilton", but okay

:p

"Whomever" is an interesting way to spell "Hamilton", but okay

:p

It is indeed , Max however is trying to spoil that party . What he is getting out of that RB is outstanding , or Bottas really is just a MB wingman considering Max is splitting the mighty Mercs .

They've confirmed that the sakhir GP will be on Bahrain's outer track and set to be sub 60 second laps. Not sure how it will play out but looks like it will be a very high speed race and a lot of laps to reach the distance requirements.

They've confirmed that the sakhir GP will be on Bahrain's outer track and set to be sub 60 second laps. Not sure how it will play out but looks like it will be a very high speed race and a lot of laps to reach the distance requirements.

Not sure how good the racing will be but quali will be an absolute bun fight. A bit like F3 quali yesterday, in Q1 the run down to the final corner will look like the M25 at rush hour.

Last edited:
Agreed, and hopefully that's the way it pans out.

However there was also value and goodwill in the historic Lotus name until Renault decided it'd be a great halo product for them! Also to a lesser extent Sauber.
Sir Frank stepping down. Article reports the new money invited the family to continue

Shame. Hopefully there's no other job losses other than Frank'n'Claire.

It'll be rebranded to Dorito's Racing before long I reckon; perhaps just before the 2021 season to show a little sensitivity.

Williams is iconic in F1, I doubt the name will be dropped.

Williams is iconic in F1, I doubt the name will be dropped.
Unless they bring back Manor! As per the rumours that the person who is behind BCE Ltd is not one Bernard Charles Ecclestone but James Matthews (aka Mr Pippa Middleton) who drove for Manor in the 90s.

Seriously though it's a no-brainer to keep the Williams brand going.

Had read the BCE comments elsewhere, but no one seems to be giving it much attention

Had read the BCE comments elsewhere, but no one seems to be giving it much attention

Well it's now been confirmed. Matthews is one of three people who will now make up the board of directors.

Maybe Graeme Lowden back as team principle!?

Don't know about the name but I suspect Latifi will need to seriously up his speed to retain the drive, presumably the need for a pay driver is reduced by this buyout

Don't know about the name but I suspect Latifi will need to seriously up his speed to retain the drive, presumably the need for a pay driver is reduced by this buyout
Nor did I other than as a vague memory of 90s Formula Renault. I didn't know it was the same guy but then I have no interest in the Royal Family. I'd struggle to pick most of them out of a lineup let alone extended family members!

I guess the only thing that might save Latifi is with things being pretty much static for 2021 you could argue it's worth it to keep banking his cash, then fire him before the new regs in 2022.

EDIT I think he's been confirmed along with GR anyway for next season. Either way he'll be gone for 2022 if the new owners have any sort of ambition for the team.

Shame. Hopefully there's no other job losses other than Frank'n'Claire.

It'll be rebranded to Dorito's Racing before long I reckon; perhaps just before the 2021 season to show a little sensitivity.

Spicey ...:D
517A0C92SML._AC_.jpg

I wasn't sure anybody had noticed my pun! :D

Hopefully the new owners will honour the existing drivers' contracts.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom