Facial coverings

I get round that by not going out, instead ordering a delivery.

Tonight I'm seriously considering Beef Chow Mein, a Lamb curry and Duck fried rice!

Man could you pack that in please .... I'm 3 weeks into a Keto diet (zero carb) trying loose 10kgs I wrapped around me during lockdown!!!! :)

So masks. At the beginning of lockdown when PPE started to make the news and we all wondered what it was, the WHO said that there was no specific evidence that coveting our faces would help stop the virus spreading. Six months on it seems fairly obvious that evidence or not, practically speaking it makes sense. Govt followed the advice from the WHO do we will never know what impact might have been made had we worn facial protection from the get go. So I have a question for everyone which is:

Did you start to wear masks from the very start of the pandemic or did you start when the Govt said you should in certain places?

I started wearing a mask when I was told I had to and only wear it when and where I have to.

I started wearing a mask early on.

I wish I could say I wore one early on - but honestly it was only when the rules were announced. I did start wearing one in the key enclosed spaces before the "start date" came around though, saw no reason to wait.

I started wearing a mask when it became compulsory and I only wear it when and where I have to. Having said that, if I walk to the shop (rather than driving there), I put mask on before I leave the house (too much faffing about trying to put it on without a mirror, plus I had one snap on me once so had to go back home!). Virtually everyone I see also takes their mask off when leaving a shop.

I keep a spare in the car.

I've worn a mask for donkeys, can't even remember when I started.

Went to see Tenet on Tuesday, and just kept my mask on throughout the showing. Barely even noticed I had it on. Didn't ruin the experience at all.

For me, I started to wear them 7-10 days before it was compulsory. Paper masks are the worst for me for breathing. My employer has given us a pack of cotton masks each and after the initial first wear, as the elastic is tight, they are fine. I still wouldn't be able to wear one the shift.

Though I do wish disposable masks are not available for the public to buy. As I feel sick when I see them tossed onto the ground, left in supermarket trolleys etc. Please throw them in an item called a BIN! Though on second thoughts, people will forget them like with the carrier bags, which some people have NEVER bothered in the five years since the charge in England.

I've been wearing a mask for a long time. Way before it was compulsory. However, I have also been shielding so I haven't been out that much, during the shielding period.

I saw a good one the other day. Some clown went into the supermarket with a mask on then proceeded to do his shopping with it pulled down so it hung around his neck. At the checkout he got a major bollocking and he sheepishly pulled it back up. The elderly gent in our queue without a mask in sight was served with no problems.

T'other moron had obviously just popped it on so the security guard didn't refuse entry.

Some aisles were very busy and the Mrs could see how agitated I was becoming so I'd skip the busy aisles. We worked out a system :)

We did the research and bought them a couple of weeks before the instruction became active.

But dared myself to start wearing the Saturday before live date in a queue at the Farm Shop ... only one.

It was more a testing of peer group and braving it out but did it all the the same.

And as for now? Is absolute second nature ..... we each have a U-Mask Earth with replacement filters ... one in each car, one at home. And an Isopropyl 75% 1 ltr spray in each car for each visit.

Wife also gets a branded one from her employer she wears from 8.30 through 6.00. No problem at all.

Were we live, I'm seeing people put them on before getting out of car and talking them off when back in car .... when on a retail type visit. Seems logical and easy enough.

Sadly that's around my waist :(
Do what chalk is doing.
Keto it off.
Everytime I eat a complex carb now I feel it.
Just have to tame my sweet tooth.😂
That's a daily battle, yesterday I drove out of my way to the cake shop. Parked up, popped my mask on, changed my mind then drove off, then the feeling passes.

I share your waistline. 😞 I’ve never been so heavy so am now dieting. I blame lack of exercise and overeating since lockdown began.

Again agree .... I took CV19 as a licence to order insane amounts at insane cost take away wise and cases of wine, expensive bloody wine as well ..... but I wore a mask while doing it so I'm legit in this thread :)

Now 3 weeks into strict Keto I think that band of visceral fat around my key organs is shifting!

Would kill for a plain chocolate Hob Nob mind!!! And wine down to just a couple bottles Sat night!

Rocking here!

Do what chalk is doing.
Keto it off.
Everytime I eat a complex carb now I feel it.
Just have to tame my sweet tooth.😂
That's a daily battle, yesterday I drove out of my way to the cake shop. Parked up, popped my mask on, changed my mind then drove off, then the feeling passes.

You and me both brother. Mind is working now.

The daughter bought a pack of 'Cherry Bakewell favoured Hob Nobs' to my Mothers yesterday.

Who knew????? :)

I resisted!

You really do have the same demons as me .... Know that cake shop feeling. A self help group is in order ....... Masked Keto All Stars! MKAS!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom