Fantasy Premier League 2019/20

Thanks Sterling, thanks...

At last! Great week for me with 90 points!

Are you keeping track mate of the most points in a gw leader. Far easier to make a note in the first post as to who is currently leading that and then just edit it as and when it is beaten. If you don’t do that then at the end of the season you need to go back through every gw and everyone’s scores - which is a ball ache.

I’ve just gone back and checked for you and the current leader is A Donk’s Farkekife with 91 points in GW1.

I’d add a bit at bottom of first post in thread saying :

“Most points in a GW tracker :

Farkelife 91pts in GW1”

Then just amend that as and when it’s beaten.

I’d also add the prize fund breakdown in the first post as well, so that you don’t forget.

Last edited:
Eh? How did you manage that?! :eek:

Yes I am keeping tabs on GW highest score but thanks for the assist!

Off now to check your score #greenwithenvy

EDIT: Not bad, points deduction paid off, did you bring Aguero in?

Yes binned off Rashford and Vardy and brought in Aguero and Abraham

Managed to pick a decent captain each week thus far to keep me somewhere in the mix, but think the wildcard might be getting used over the international break. Before the prices go silly!

44pts last week with Kane captain. Got frustrated watching Pukko, Barnes and Sterling bang goals in. So played wildcard, got them all. Captained Sterling. Bloody 49... I really hate this game.

Logic stated that West Ham would do well, but I went for Lanzini rather than Haller. Even though Abraham scored 2 vs Norwich I thought hes going to struggle in the games coming up. Still scores 2...

I think the prices have already got silly and will just get even sillier so using the wildcard as soon as you are sure is sagacious (big S word for a Sunday!).

Also, anyone noticed the increase in the amount of players getting price falls?

So this OFFICIALLY is the booty.

1st - £75
2nd - £50
3rd - £25
Most points in a gw - £50
Wooden Spoon - £10

I guess it's who finishes last that gets the wooden spoon but it's a nice thought. I mean, it would be nice if everyone got something back but I think these prizes are firm and fair. Of course there is still that PayPal issue with my missing tenner but that's easily sorted; I can just deduct it from my £75 when the time comes.

86 points this week so a much better performance, most of those came from having Aguero as my captain though.

I was looking at a team yesterday that had Salah, Kane, Aguero, De Bruyne and Van Dijk. How did they afford all of those, mind you, they had no bench.

I was looking at a team yesterday that had Salah, Kane, Aguero, De Bruyne and Van Dijk. How did they afford all of those, mind you, they had no bench.

It's doable. Looks alright

Pope
Digne vanDijk Söyüncü Kelly
Salah KDB Sterling Cantwell Mount
Aguero
Bench: Button, Lundstram, Greenwood, Wickham

But 3 attacking options for City seems overkill. Makes more sense to go 2 Liverpool, 2 City.

Pope
Digne TAA Zinchenko Kelly
Salah KDB Sterling McGinn Mount
Firmino
But do you want to rely so heavily on two teams ? With the defenders TAA and Zinchenko in, it's half of your starting XI.

It's doable. Looks alright

Pope
Digne vanDijk Söyüncü Kelly
Salah KDB Sterling Cantwell Mount
Aguero
Bench: Button, Lundstram, Greenwood, Wickham

But 3 attacking options for City seems overkill. Makes more sense to go 2 Liverpool, 2 City.

Pope
Digne TAA Zinchenko Kelly
Salah KDB Sterling McGinn Mount
Firmino
But do you want to rely so heavily on two teams ? With the defenders TAA and Zinchenko in, it's half of your starting XI.

It had Kane as well!

I'll try it out later when I get in.

I'm staying without the premium forwards for the time being with Barnes and Pukki. Invest money in midfield and defence.

Returneth thankfully after the international hiatus though there's another one next month.

Team sheets to be in by 11:30am Saturday for Liverpool v Newcastle (BT Sport) and the evening kick off is Norwich v Man City (Sky Sports).

Think I got away with Pep's rotation. Playing a 352, I had Sterling and Zinchenko in my starting XI. Both didn't feature. 1st and 2nd subs Rico 5ps and Lundstram 9pts.

Think I got away with Pep's rotation. Playing a 352, I had Sterling and Zinchenko in my starting XI. Both didn't feature. 1st and 2nd subs Rico 5ps and Lundstram 9pts.

That worked out well for you. My subs for those two are Greenwood and Deaddonkey. I’m not expecting many points from them.

Lundstram on the bench. Epic fail. Otamendi made up for last week tho at least

Should never have taken Bernard out!!

It happens EVERY season and probably to most managers.

MCFC are gonna run riot so you make Sterling captain.

Vice captain Pukki stops scoring.

No way are Sheffield United getting anything at Goodison so you bench Lundstram.

Bring in Ryan Fraser - benched, one point.

Just the small matter of 28 points on the bench.

The result is you go back down the league as quickly as you came up it, thanks largely to the fudgewit MCFC manager.

Meanwhile Sterling can just do one - this rotation malarkey has cost me once too often.

Last edited:
Keeping faith in Sterling for one more week. Him, Barnes and Lanzini are in my crosshairs. Stay with a 352, or switch to a 343, decisions decisions. Sure I'll go wrong either way.