Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw 4K Blu-ray Review & comments

It was relatively enjoyable nonsense but the Rock shoehorning in Samoa, just because, was a step too far (well one of a few steps too far tbh).
Them doing the haka, his 'big momma' taking her flip flop off to discipline them, the satellite linked-fingerprint locked guns, and the stick fight. By the time all this happened I just couldn't be arsed and wanted it to end.

If they'd trimmed out all the sentimental shite and got it under 100mins it would have been a much more enjoyable experience.

I had to check my sub was still working a little bit into this film. No LFE engagement at all from the explosions. Basically ruined the whole film for me

I've not watched the Fast and Furious films past maybe 3, 4 at a push, could you watch this even if you didn't know it was part of that world?

I've not watched the Fast and Furious films past maybe 3, 4 at a push, could you watch this even if you didn't know it was part of that world?

It would be *better* to watch knowing why the initially bicker so much.

To be honest, if you don't enjoy Fast Five (which is when The Rock gets introduced) then pretty-much all the other ones (including this) probably aren't worth your time. At least give that a whirl to set the stage, and, who knows, if you do enjoy it, maybe you can rally through to the end of the main franchise (thus far) and get the most out of Hobbs & Shaw.

It would be *better* to watch knowing why the initially bicker so much.

To be honest, if you don't enjoy Fast Five (which is when The Rock gets introduced) then pretty-much all the other ones (including this) probably aren't worth your time. At least give that a whirl to set the stage, and, who knows, if you do enjoy it, maybe you can rally through to the end of the main franchise (thus far) and get the most out of Hobbs & Shaw.
Thanks mate, might see if I can pick Five up on the cheap then :smashin:

Thanks mate, might see if I can pick Five up on the cheap then :smashin:
after 5 they went overboard, not that they didnt go overboard in Fast Five but at least with that your suspension of disbelief isnt pushed to the point of frustration

I had to check my sub was still working a little bit into this film. No LFE engagement at all from the explosions. Basically ruined the whole film for me
Disappointing, another sound mix for the sound bar crew.

Just finished watching this. Despite only watching one of the the series previously I thought it was great fun. Obviously not to be taken seriously but really enjoyable.
I agree with the earlier comment regarding the subdued LFE.

Somehow missed this at the cinema, so watched the UHD. Ridiculously fun and entertaining, found the banter between the leads outstanding, and Vanessa Kirby holds her own once you get passed the ’Lundun’ accent. Story not much more than what you would expect, stringing together 3-4 awesome set pieces, and Idris makes a worthy foes, just about elevating above cliche and sci-fi ridiculousness. In fact I’m not going to try and find negatives, most enjoyable movie I’ve watched this year, and looked and sounded awesome.

I saw this last night on UHD and the echo the above points, just pure fun and humour, Pic and Sound where top notch too, my 11 speakers were firing from all directions! :)

I did notice a handful scenes with some digital blurring around heads during movement (sorry I don’t know the technical term for such a thing) otherwise, terrific a/v overall.

Decided to just go ahead watch it, not bad at all really, not convinced still on Idris Elba though

Anybody else just think that the Fast and Furious franchise has gone too far now? Nothing at all like the early movies. I personally find these have now run a course and need to stop.

Not all hate though, the film for what it is is good, just needs re-naming and produced as a fresh film & as always the performance by Deane was incredible, brilliant actor.

^ it’s not gone to far, I am however slightly bored of it now.

We just finished watching this. Great escapist fun, & looked really stunning. Never been interested in the Fast & Furious Franchise, but this worked totally well without any backstory knowledge on the Characters. Perfect Friday night Film with a couple of Beers.

Picked up the 4K in cex for just £12 recently. Crazy price really. Looking forward to seeing it but I've only ever seen the very first film in the franchise. If I'm honest the 5 onwards style would be more my thing anyway.

Forgive me if this was mentioned somewhere, but is the UK version the only release to get the HDR10+ layer? I just got this (in the States) and my U.S. version only has HDR10 or DV (I ran the HDR10 layer because my Samsung display doesn't support DV, and it looked pretty friggin' great with my Panasonic UB9000's HDR Optimizer activated)...

The US release has HDR10+
That's strange -- because my copy didn't play HDR10+ and my Panasonic player is definitely set to detect these automatically.

i bought this on 4k and loved every minuet of it, picture/sound just brill,

Anyone know what would cause an issue like I'm experiencing...that is, the disc has HDR10+ yet the HDR10 layer played (and my corresponding gear is set up to accept HDR10+)?

i bought this on 4k and loved every minuet of it, picture/sound just brill,
I found the LFE channel to be a bit lacking; but the visuals are a treat, especially with HDR.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom