Faulty PS4 slim... appalling attitude at 'GAME'

Again without knowing the ins and outs of the actual problems with the game it's hard to comment. If it OUTRIGHT no longer works and hasn't done so for the period you mention then Es a refund would be in order, but that would have to be handed down from Ubisoft to retailers Im afraid.

Anyway, Game are rubbish. It's a fact.

I cannot disagree with that. I was just going with what he said. A few of my mates have got the division and they have said the latest patch has broken the game where it is unplayable.

I have just come across this-

Opinion: The Division Has Been Ruined and There’s No Way to Fix It

The Division: Ubisoft Massive Admits Game Is In Broken State

IMO if the game is broken and the developers are admitting it is broken, then they should not be selling it and should compromise with the developer. Otherwise they will have a lot of disgruntled consumers like the one who purchased the game the other week.

That first link is from seven months ago and the second is also well out of date, since then 1.4 patch has arrived with a ton of changes aimed at making the game more playable, it's been generally regarded as an excellent improvement on 1.3.

1.5 & Survival are due on Nov 22nd though PS4 runs a month behind. I'd be genuinely interested to know why any players would prefer the old 1.3 patch to the current 1.4 release.

I've followed the Division very closely since launch and it's in a better place now that it has been, it's always been a buggy game but it's never been unplayable, I'd have been aware of it if there had ever been widespread problems stopping people from playing online.

If you want a problematic patch then how about looking at Bugthesda?, there's an absolute ton of posts online from players on all platforms about how crash happy Skyrim is after the latest patch, the patch designed to fix all the screwed up things in the retail release. Five year old game and they still can't get the thing working properly.

Last edited:
I miss the old Electronics Boutique, I used to work on a market stall in the same town as ours, and the manager used to buy stuff from us on his way to work, being a gamer back then I was in there a lot and got to know him, he asked if I fancied going in on a weekday evening to help shelf stack games, in return I got a free game every week! Lazy manager, but it paid off for me, EB HQ would of gone mad! A free game for an hours work a week. It was awesome, I got Resident Evil on PSOne on release day for free! Ah memories.

That first link is from seven months ago and the second is also well out of date, since then 1.4 patch has arrived with a ton of changes aimed at making the game more playable, it's been generally regarded as an excellent improvement on 1.3.

1.5 & Survival are due on Nov 22nd though PS4 runs a month behind. I'd be genuinely interested to know why any players would prefer the old 1.3 patch to the current 1.4 release.

I've followed the Division very closely since launch and it's in a better place now that it has been, it's always been a buggy game but it's never been unplayable, I'd have been aware of it if there had ever been widespread problems stopping people from playing online.

If you want a problematic patch then how about looking at Bugthesda?, there's an absolute ton of posts online from players on all platforms about how crash happy Skyrim is after the latest patch, the patch designed to fix all the screwed up things in the retail release. Five year old game and they still can't get the thing working properly.

I did a bit of research and patch 1.4 was released towards the end of last month. Like I said I am just going by what my mate told me, he must not have tried the game since release. If one article was written 7 months ago and it took them 6 months to repair the game, then that is terrible IMO and reason why my mate gave up on it. I apologise if I am wrong about the release date of the patch and I retract my comments in regards to game selling a broken game.

I did a bit of research and patch 1.4 was released towards the end of last month. Like I said I am just going by what my mate told me, he must not have tried the game since release. If one article was written 7 months ago and it took them 6 months to repair the game, then that is terrible IMO and reason why my mate gave up on it. I apologise if I am wrong about the release date of the patch and I retract my comments in regards to game selling a broken game.

I wasn't holding you to any dates, only that I don't think it was Games problem.

No matter how you look at it, patches get released and these change suit some but not others. But a patch making a game completely unplayable/unload-able is inexcusable

I wasn't holding you to any dates, only that I don't think it was Games problem.

No matter how you look at it, patches get released and these change suit some but not others. But a patch making a game completely unplayable/unload-able is inexcusable

Fair enough and cannot disagree with that.

Now it makes sense, if they were commenting on the game a long time back I'm guessing they were screwed over by the backpack glitch.

There's only been one major bug (google backpack glitch) that stopped people from accessing their character and that was fixed in 1.1, many moons ago. If I recall it didn't take them long at all to patch that bug, maybe two weeks?. Annoying as hell if you've got that glitch but I wouldn't expect retailers to accept copies of the game back when the dev immediately stated they were fixing it, just the fix has to be tested and then certified by Sony/Microsoft.

As for the Dev team comments that came months later when the backpack screw up was ancient history, it was in relation to the game not being fun to play and having a lot of problems with balance, loot and bugs. They rebuilt the game for 1.4 adding in lots of positive changes, made it rain loot, removed the bullet sponge enemies and squashed some of million bugs the game has.

It's still got more bugs than you can shake a stick at and always will have so I don't know why I'm defending such a buggy game lol.

I miss the old Electronics Boutique, I used to work on a market stall in the same town as ours, and the manager used to buy stuff from us on his way to work, being a gamer back then I was in there a lot and got to know him, he asked if I fancied going in on a weekday evening to help shelf stack games, in return I got a free game every week! Lazy manager, but it paid off for me, EB HQ would of gone mad! A free game for an hours work a week. It was awesome, I got Resident Evil on PSOne on release day for free! Ah memories.

I used to work for EB back when I was in Uni. It was alright but out manager was a complete tool. When he wasn't there we used to set up consoles on the service bit so people could try games out which seemed to help sales quite a bit. When he was there it was pressure, pressure, pressure on the customer to buy which really put people off.

I have to say that the Game christmas adverts are some of the worst advertising ive seen in a long time. Shockingly bad and so wouldnt make me want to shop there.

I have to say that the Game christmas adverts are some of the worst advertising ive seen in a long time. Shockingly bad and so wouldnt make me want to shop there.

I haven't seen them.. what's bad about them?

Do they feature a customer punching a member of staff cos they're being a cock?

I tried to trade in a couple of games the other day (Rise of the Tomb Raider and Bioshock Collection) and asked to pricematch CEX. I was told they wouldn't pricematch them since these games were in their sale ATM. They offered me £31 trade, I just had them back, took them to CEX and got £36 cash.

I tried to trade in a couple of games the other day (Rise of the Tomb Raider and Bioshock Collection) and asked to pricematch CEX. I was told they wouldn't pricematch them since these games were in their sale ATM. They offered me £31 trade, I just had them back, took them to CEX and got £36 cash.

I tried to get them to price match CEX once and was told I needed a printed receipt as proof. I loaded up the CEX page on my phone as proof but they were having none of it just a bunch of jokers really.

Game had me over recently too on an iPhone buy in. Basically failed to grade the phone. Long story but their customer "service" is probably the most atrocious I have ever come across. For the £30 they have "diddled" me out of I will make it my mission over the next few months to cost them 100x that.

If there's one piece of advice I can personally give anyone I meet it's don't ever, EVER shop at Game.

I hate GAME these days and only ever shop there for the "exclusive" collectors editions they keep pinching the selling rights too. Went into a store today looking for some sale bargains on the off chance,soon walked out again.

I did buy a ps3 slim from there just after they were first released but id rather get my consoles new from amazon to be honest,better return policy and pricing.

This just reminds me why I do all my game and computer shopping online now lol mostly with amazon. There customer service is pretty amazing really especially when you compare it to some of these stories. Sure iv had bad customer service from other places like john lewis but when you be assertive and show that your not taking any crap they soon listen and sort it out properly.

Ive never had a problem returning anything from amazon,if the automated return service isnt helpful then live chat soon sorts it out.

£70 of vouchers for Game off of relatives. Went into the stores in Nottingham yesterday. It was like a swarm of locusts had gone through them and the queues where massive. Might hang onto them till the Nintendo Switch comes out.

£70 of vouchers for Game off of relatives. Went into the stores in Nottingham yesterday. It was like a swarm of locusts had gone through them and the queues where massive. Might hang onto them till the Nintendo Switch comes out.

What an awful present, shame it wasn't shopto vouchers or somewhere you'd get twice as many games with that. You'll have to educate those relatives for next year.

What an awful present, shame it wasn't shopto vouchers or somewhere you'd get twice as many games with that. You'll have to educate those relatives for next year.
Wouldn't say Shopto are much better these days either though. Rarely are they anywhere near as cheap as others like simply games. Used to be many peoples go to place as they were normally the cheapest and would always post early but its been a long time since i've bought anything from them. It all went downhill when they branched out from just console games. Now they sell all sorts of tat.

Post this on their Facebook page and you will soon get a response. No one likes bad PR. My sisters baxi boiler broke and when she phoned them they were unhelpful and fobbed her off. She went on Facebook and posted and within 1 hour she had a phone call and engineer same day.

Wouldn't say Shopto are much better these days either though. Rarely are they anywhere near as cheap as others like simply games. Used to be many peoples go to place as they were normally the cheapest and would always post early but its been a long time since i've bought anything from them. It all went downhill when they branched out from just console games. Now they sell all sorts of tat.

Shopto was just the first one that came to mind as this week all I've seen is post after post on hotukdeals of cheap games from shopto. Not that I really buy that many disc games these days but I still keep an eye out for a bargain.

You can use vouchers on their website as well. Prices are usually better online.

You can use vouchers on their website as well. Prices are usually better online.

Or use them to buy PSN cards - thats what I did this year, although it was WH Smith vouchers rather than Game, just went in and got a PSN card for the value of the vouchers, using it to renew my PS+ sub.:thumbsup:

Or use them to buy PSN cards - thats what I did this year, although it was WH Smith vouchers rather than Game, just went in and got a PSN card for the value of the vouchers, using it to renew my PS+ sub.:thumbsup:
Don't GAME & WHSmith charge RRP though?
ie PS+ costs £40 & £25 (etc) PSN card costs £25? Both can be had for much cheaper from cdkeys etc.

Did that in the end to renew my PS+ sub. Got some left which can go towards maybe Horizon Dawn.

Sorry that the OP had such a terrible experience (albeit, quite some time ago now), but this is such a cracking Thread.

British reserve states that we shouldn't draw unnecessary attention to ourselves nor make a scene, so I'm loving some of the posters on here who are happy not to budge under any circumstances. I just imagine some of the language used behind your back after you've left the store, but who cares?

In my opinion, not only do you pay for an item but you also pay for the service too. I frequently read the Disputed/Problem Trades Forum on here and the Moderators often say, "you can judge a seller by how they deal with you when something goes wrong". This advice can be extended to physical stores too, I think.

It's horrible when something fails, but it's even worse when you have a sense of trepidation about returning it and this is compounded when they make you feel like it's your fault.

Amazon are currently the gold standard for customer service, though I do still feel a bit uneasy about some of their working practices (best not to Google it if you'd rather not know). Anyway, GAME won't be missed if they do go under and neither will Currys.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom