Answered Favourites and Amazon on Panasonic DMR-HWT150EB

dsajones

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All. I'm new to the forum and also new to the world of Freeview set top boxes - i the process of jumping ship from Sky!!

After lots of research I've purchased a Panasonc DMR-HWT150EB. I've also picked up a NowTV box as there are some Sky programs that we want to continue with.

I've set up the Panasonic and overall at the moment I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing. But I have a couple of queries that hopefully someone will be able to help me with.

Favourites - I've been through set up and created a couple of pages of favourite channels. But for the life of me I can't see how you actually access then from the program guide. There don't seem to be any special buttons on the control and no mention of favourites in the manual apart from how to set them up. I must be missing something really obvious - help!!!!

Amazon Video - One of the main reasons for choosing this box is the inclusion of Netflix and Amazon video. Netflix gets its own magic button on the remote. But to launch Amazon I have to go in through menus to find it. Does anyone know if I can get an easier way of accessing Amazon, ideally can I get Amazon and Netflix sat together alongside catchup players maybe??

Many thanks for any help.

Cheers
David

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have access to a HWT150 so I cannot answer with complete certainty... but usually on Panasonic models pushing the blue button whilst in the EPG will give you optional access to various groupings which will include any favourites groups you have created.

There will probably be a crib at the bottom of the screen indicating what functions the coloured buttons are ascribed to whilst in the EPG mode.
The blue probably says 'Category'

Network services ( Amazon Netflix etc) are accessed by pushing the Net button to the right of the '0' on the remote... and yes it should be possible to move the icons around to suit your needs.
Just look for onscreen guidance of the option controls available.

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have access to a HWT150 so I cannot answer with complete certainty... but usually on Panasonic models pushing the blue button whilst in the EPG will give you optional access to various groupings which will include any favourites groups you have created.

There will probably be a crib at the bottom of the screen indicating what functions the coloured buttons are ascribed to whilst in the EPG mode.
The blue probably says 'Category'

Network services ( Amazon Netflix etc) are accessed by pushing the Net button to the right of the '0' on the remote... and yes it should be possible to move the icons around to suit your needs.
Just look for onscreen guidance of the option controls available.

Thanks for the reply Gavtech. I've tried the blue button and it doesn't do anything. There are prompts at the foot of the screen for Red (Schedule), Green (Jump now) and Yellow (Catch Up). I've pressed every button on the bottom section of the remote and they do nothing whilst in EPG except the Record button.

Amazon and Youtube are buried on the NET menu and yes, I can shuffle them round in there. But I was hoping to be able to have a single place where with one click I can select Amazon, Youtube, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc. I can sort of get them all under the NET button but all the catchup players have to go through a second option to get to them.

Just being really lazy I guess given that to do all this before meant switching devices and inputs etc. So at least everything is now available in one box under one remote. Having lived so long with the convenience of Sky recording and program guide there are a few compromises we're now making to step away from Sky. So anything I can do to make it as easy as possible, particularly for my wife!!!

Just found the answer for favourites!! There was a thread started by Sheffmax in 2016.

A bit clunky but basically, whilst watching any channel, press the i button or press the channel up/down button. This then shows the program info at the bottom of the screen. On the right of that is a caption that says All DVB Channels and underneath that press Blue to change categories. When you press that, you see the options of All DVB Channels, Radio and Favourites. By selecting favourites, that then changes the channels that you step through with channel up/down plus what appears on the guide.

It's pretty poorly thought out because without a favourites or categories button in the guide, you always have to go to the info on channel up/down and change category then go back to the guide.

But at least I now know how I can actually use them!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom