FIFA 17 (27 Sept.) XB1

Glad to see them moving forward and switching to a new engine. I feel like FIFA has stood pretty still in recent years with only very minor iterations and small tweaks. Not that it has stopped me playing it as its still my most played game by a country mile (although that might be more to do with my anything football obsession). As much as I want to love PES again I've bought it for the past 3 years and each time it's barely been played as I just don't feel it plays nearly as well as I want it too or remember the old PES games doing back at the turn of the century.

This one might be a little off as its the first one switching but hopefully there is a core team that's been working on it for some time so there isn't too much pain for them transferring over. As long as it isn't like that horrendous one that was the first on the Xbox 360 which had so much cut out I'm sure I'll be purchasing again. Fixture lists get announced soon so that'll get me exited again for the new season.

It'll be interesting to see what actual gameplay improvements they are touting with the switch. There are always a couple of back of the box tag lines that EA like to include. With a new engine hopefully we will actually see something meaningful with these improvements like we did with the impact engine (or whatever they called it)

New engine will hopefully improve the game as its been stagnating. Thanks for the post but until jun 12ths full reveal I'll reserve getting too excited. 16 was pretty poor in my opinion and for the first time in a long time I'll not be preordering , I will be waiting to read up what 'honest' folk think of it - namely the folk on here

ImageUploadedByAVForums1465247752.938051.jpg

Frostbite seems to have made a decent bump in graphics (although I know it's not comparing in game to not really a fair comparison).

Saying that, I'm more interest to see what impact it has on physics, gameplay, etc. Sunday should be interesting to see what they announce.

View attachment 723457

Frostbite seems to have made a decent bump in graphics (although I know it's not comparing in game to not really a fair comparison).

Saying that, I'm more interest to see what impact it has on physics, gameplay, etc. Sunday should be interesting to see what they announce.
What's going to be good is I get beat you on that too can't off great get see the physical pain you be getting

Agree with the comments about it stagnating. 16 was awful in my opinion. Probably my least played Fifa. Was definitely time for a change.

Reminds me of the NBA2K mode with lots of cinematic scenes during your career. Nice to see a new mode and nice that it's single player and not just another FUT style money grab. Good start for the news. I'm presuming it'll replace Be a Pro.

Obvious problem I can think of is that being a Palace fan I'd only want to play for them. No incentive to switch teams or earn transfers. If you could start lower down the leagues then I could try and work my way up.

From FUTHEAD - You can only be Alex Hunter. But you can choose any Premier League club to play for. Not just Man Utd.

Can't believe they've included a story mode. 2k tried it with their NBA game, it was crap. Can't imagine this being much cop.

Are we expecting beta invites again this year? Got them at the end of July last year.

Lol Premier league managers in the game. And Jose on stage

Oh dear. I really hope all the efforts this time haven't gone into this. Absolutely zero interest in this mode. It was a waste of time in NBA game but it's just my opinion. Unless there's some major news about the actual playability and improvements over 16 then I'm defo heading to PES

Oh dear. I really hope all the efforts this time haven't gone into this. Absolutely zero interest in this mode. It was a waste of time in NBA game but it's just my opinion. Unless there's some major news about the actual playability and improvements over 16 then I'm defo heading to PES

On a new engine, with a whole new mode.......I smell a car crash!

Why oh why do they not simply spend all the development costs on improving the actual gameplay, then tag this on when that is balanced and less scripted!

On a new engine, with a whole new mode.......I smell a car crash!

Why oh why do they not simply spend all the development costs on improving the actual gameplay, then tag this on when that is balanced and less scripted!

Hopefully there is more to come but I'm thinking this is looking like it's their biggy announcement. Last year it was the women's teams which lets face it was a red herring (did anybody actually play them ?).
Was hoping for some big improvements in graphics for crowds etc never mind gameplay lol. Suppose we'll find out soon enough

Looks promising after watching this trailer

From FUTHEAD - You can only be Alex Hunter. But you can choose any Premier League club to play for. Not just Man Utd.
Is it just EPL ?

looks orate, and playing as hunter because

Alex is a 17-year-old from humble roots in Clapham, London who has football in the blood. Guided by his grandfather and English legend Jim Hunter (20 goals in the 1966-67 season), Alex has a name that carries weight in football circles, obstacles to overcome, and a personal legacy to build.

says on ea website

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom