FIFA 18 (29th September 2017)

Assume this is still right...

21st: Launch Web App
21st: Start 10 hour trial
22nd: Launch Companion App
26th: Start EA Access
29th: Release FIFA 18

Yep, and i'm away from 24/9 - 2/10 :( at least i'll have a few days to get my 10 hours in. i hope it'll be like last year and FUT champs wont start until the weekend of 7/8 october

Is the EA Access trial still kicking off tomorrow for the UK?

Not seen anything official...need to know whether to be at home tomorrow or not!

Yes by tomorrow for sure. Unclear what time. Last year it came out a day earlier than EA originally announced so some people are hoping it will drop tonight.. o_O

Edit: Web app is out!

Last edited:
IMG_4502.jpg
My highest rated was a GK too. Nobody else of note really. Will probably build a Liga NOS and a Argentinian / Primera Division as two starter squads to rotate and grind through with the coin boosts.

Squad Battles makes sense but I'm sure everyone will be hitting that.

Ugh, i know i'm going to have to buy this at some point but i'm not paying ÂŁ50 for another Fifa :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, I'll follow UT across various forums and all over twitter to torture myself :laugh:

Played a fair few games on seasons today and am into div 7. Initially I loved the game, but it's too easy to score and (due to the less AI involved defending - which is a good thing) really hard to defend. Bad combination resulting in stupid, bordering on pathetic games with ridiculous amount of goals being scored. 6-4, 8-5.... passing is great no more 'it does what it wants crap' however it results in ping pong...[emoji20]

Presumably there will be a launch day patch, but again EA fix a load of my gripes and ruin other bits!

I've played a few games and thank God for the trial. I know I'm not going to but this now. I literally can't see anything that is different from last year other than the squad challenges. It plays the same. It looks the same. Even the commentary is exactly the same.

One thing this year will be good for is breaking the cycle [emoji38]

I've played a few games and thank God for the trial. I know I'm not going to but this now. I literally can't see anything that is different from last year other than the squad challenges. It plays the same. It looks the same. Even the commentary is exactly the same.

One thing this year will be good for is breaking the cycle [emoji38]

Really ? I'm finding that it feels very different. I got to a decent level last year - ultimately got to and stayed in Division 1 in online seasons.

I'm struggling to translate my game to 18 - I like Pace down the wings. Crossing seems like it could be effective but more technical slower players with good passing feel like they could have a role this year too.

I'm struggling with threaded through balls against the AI - not so bad against humans as they helpfully move their player out of the way !

Any general tips from the gurus here as to what is effective - how to create chances and any particular skill moves ?

Cheers

Yeah, honestly. I haven't read up on anything about fifa this year so I don't know what's supposed to be different in terms of game play but from the games I had yesterday it geeky like absolutely nothing

I agree the game looks and sounds identical (which is shocking for a ÂŁ50 game). Actually some of the day time games look worse!

However, the gameplay is NOT the same. After 15 games or so you really start to notice it.

Billy, I normally linger around div1 in seasons but can't help much I'm afraid. I'd like to keep a clean sheet! I'm scoring on average about 4 goals a game but conceding about 3!

I got it with zavvi and the quidco deal so got it for ÂŁ30 after ÂŁ20 cash back (was on hotdeals)
Don't mind paying that

It is different for sure... mainly the player movements and dribbling feels like it has been completely overhauled. These 2 things are making defending trickier for sure.

I've yet to load this up, but from the beta I thought it felt very different. Probably the biggest change in how it feels between FIFAs in years.

Are there any console bundle deals this year with a digital code? Reason I ask is that I got my Xbox one with 2016 included and last year I picked up the 2017 game from someone splitting a bundle, and I've got used to not having the disk version.

From browsing online it doesn't seem that there is a pack-in version this year?

Gone halves on a digital copy with a mate, looking forward to playing it after work on friday!

Zavvi dispatched mine tonight, expected delivery Thursday by Royal Mail tracked which I didn't expect. Just hope the quidco deal works out

Could anyone tell me if you play this using EA Access, will any custom formation's I do be saved for when the game properly opens up?

I've never used EA Access before, and don't want to waste my time doing a decent formation, only to have to do it all again!!

Cheers.

Could anyone tell me if you play this using EA Access, will any custom formation's I do be saved for when the game properly opens up?

I've never used EA Access before, and don't want to waste my time doing a decent formation, only to have to do it all again!!

Cheers.

Yup it's basically the full game for 10 hours you will pick up exactly as you left it when you buy it.

Cheers. Sometimes I faff around for ages on a formation for use in the Season's. Wouldn't want to lose it!

I was going to hold off on this, but my game sharing buddy decided he didn't want to wait. And I'm forcing him to go halves on Battlefront in November. So I've obliged.

Read very mixed reviews so far, but I mainly only bother with Season's or the Clubs mode. So hopefully those are okay.

That's my zavvi order been delivered. Had to get the disc due to the great price. The Mrs is away to Newcastle with her sisters for a gig tomorrow night so I'm sorted now

Can anyone explain how you are now defending? I'm no mug at this game and am consistently in div1/2 in online seasons since FIFA 09.

I understand defending is now less automated but what buttons are people pressing to tackle?!? At the moment every game I play has at least 5 goals in it and it's almost impossible to stop an attack?!? It's almost like my opponents have an extra button that I don't! It's feels like an ultimate team game which is really disappointing as that's just infantile arcade crap...[emoji20]

Has team mate contain been completely removed?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom