FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Initially I thought they had turned down the pack weight last night - opened two 7.5K packs with coins and notably lower quality.

Did some of the objectives and opened the awarded packs and look who pops up ...

I can see me coming back to FUT proper pretty quickly once the novelty wears off.

Almost pulled the trigger on TOTS and icon team for around 1m but prices may dip once more on Sunday after WL but I think they may then recover a bit albeit once WC actually starts thst might draw some players away and cause another dip. Can’t see prices going much lower though ...

Attachments

• 6AEFFA06-4023-4807-AADB-10F9108732AF.jpeg
    6AEFFA06-4023-4807-AADB-10F9108732AF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 126
Initially I thought they had turned down the pack weight last night - opened two 7.5K packs with coins and notably lower quality.

Did some of the objectives and opened the awarded packs and look who pops up ...

I can see me coming back to FUT proper pretty quickly once the novelty wears off.

Almost pulled the trigger on TOTS and icon team for around 1m but prices may dip once more on Sunday after WL but I think they may then recover a bit albeit once WC actually starts thst might draw some players away and cause another dip. Can’t see prices going much lower though ...

You know it's EA TOTS on Friday right so lots of the top tier TOTS players will be in packs and there could be an SBC or two for them?

Depending on what the SBC's require will dictate if the market goes up, but the TOTS cards will probably fall further because of this.

You know it's EA TOTS on Friday right so lots of the top tier TOTS players will be in packs and there could be an SBC or two for them?

Depending on what the SBC's require will dictate if the market goes up, but the TOTS cards will probably fall further because of this.

Great point - I had overlooked that. There might be a further dip on Friday into the weekend then but can’t seeing it going much lower as I think people will return to FUT. etc mode is fine but far too easy to build a team and the tournament is okay but is a glorified DKT or single online season. They might spice it up a bit but can’t see the structure changing that much. No transfer market either which keeps people engaged and tinkering with their teams !

Yea that's sort of how I felt, I hopped back on regular FUT today to do the DKT, then realised just how cheap Prime Rio would be if I used my untradables and picked up the rest at the current rock bottom prices (1k for an 84 rated!)

I did the two guaranteed SBC's and got Gustavo and Allan, Gustavo actually works well for me and meant I don't need Blanc at CM anymore, Allan could be good as a sub so I will keep him for now.

The teams now look like this:

View attachment 1022876

View attachment 1022874

Almost all untradable players now, after these pics I decided to sell Messi and use TOTS Lozano instead, I'll decide who to use at LF after Ronaldo's loan runs out, currently thinking either TOTS Promes/Depay or regular CR7/Neymar

I actually got another Ultimate Pack for free for watching yesterday's stream, I'm saving this one for the Ultimate TOTS along with all of Prime Rio's packs and the WC packs.

Nice was looking at Prime Rio’s SBC - says 378k on Futbin now minus any players I already have. That said think I’ll go for Baby Rio - heard good things about him and was down to about 140k. Likewise I picked up baby Blanc. I have TOTS Matic and haven’t been persuaded by him. A bit too ponderous.

I see that you seem to be using TOTS Sane in midfield - he ends up at Left CDM for me when I sub Matic off and TOTS Bailey LM on.

I have Sterling 87 P2G CAM as I tradeable and I have been really impressed with him. Probably plays better than POTY Salah ! Feels nippier but on paper Salah should be quicker. Sterling just feels so agile and nippy. Tempted to get the TOTS version like you have as he can only be better. That would push Salah out of the team though and might have to sub him on. How is sterling ?

Thinking of either Firmino TOTS converted to CF / CAM or KDB TOTS to fill the CAM role.

Also considering upgrading my 84 Lozano super sub for the TOTS version !

Aren’t you tempted by Son TOTS ?

I’m toying with creating a separate team like this to run as an alternative to my existing team - would maybe set it up as 4-1-2-1-2 with Son as Left ST and Sterling at CAM or a 4-2-3-1 wide with Blanc & Alli as CDM Firmino at CAM and Son LM Sterling RM and Vardy ST.

Attachments

• 04F795F7-CB1D-4265-A5C7-714B5283D410.jpeg
    04F795F7-CB1D-4265-A5C7-714B5283D410.jpeg
    491.1 KB · Views: 131
@SuperSportBilly - I'm tempted to pick up 89 Blanc as he's only 160-170k and he could be better than Bailly, I've already picked up TOTS Promes for my LF role as he was only 40k.

With Sane I'll switch him and Gullit over so he is LCM, I like his card and his shooting is pretty decent but no WF or skills kills him a bit from me in the final third, I decided I'd drop him back to LCM instead of buying a new CM for my team and that 87 Son was 25k so I went with him, I'm not really tempted by his TOTS for two reasons, for the most part any Son card is OP as hell anyways and secondly I didn't fancy spending the extra coins on him.

TOTS Sterling is seriously good, up there with the most agile player I can remember using, he doesn't have a weak foot but with the skills you can always trick your way onto his right and bang a shot in but yea I'd say he's pretty good.

I haven't used Firmino this yea but I've heard good things about his TOTS card, I'm sure that'd be pretty good at CAM for sure.

More WC mode impressions:

Played some more of the Online Tournament with my record standing at 24-1-0 (the draw coming from the speed up lag game) then I get my first loss... Any ideas how it comes? Pretty typical EA fashion... I'm in the second group stage game and score to go 2-0 up after 14mins, as the celebration happens the game gets stuck, I wait for ages but I can't press anything, exit the game and go back in to see a DNF. Brilliant.

I went through it again and this time lost in the final, it was a pretty annoying game with the usual garbage goals costing me but that's how it is this year I guess.

I then played another draft, I won one the other day but it's plagued with people either DC glitching to avoid a loss when going a goal down or DC glitching to auto-win when 1-0 up, it's pretty pathetic really..

Today I played one and got a sick team with R9 and Lineker up top, played really well scoring scoring 5 goals or more in every game, ended up packing Suarez and Modric in the packs which isn't bad, Modric fits the team but I still have no Euro ST yet so I'm stuck with Origi/Silva at the moment, I can sub on Suarez, Salah and Dybala when needed, my defence and midfield are fine.

Nakata is pretty much the reason I'm having fun playing this mode, he's a new ICON and he's putting up absolutely unreal figures for me from CAM in a 4-3-3(4) I think he has 57 goal contributions in 30 games, absolutely bosses it.

I got Ronaldo and Messi in the World Cup fut packs plus other great players like Ramos and Lewandoski. Not sure if I’m lucky or if fifa is been really generous as it’s nearing fifa 19. It's ridiculous the side I have now, I just like looking at it if anything else

Last edited:
Picked up a TOTS Arias for 25k, that De Ligt card looks obviously really good and easily attainable and it turns out I can fit him in my team easily on full chem at the expense of TOTS Gaya.

Here's how it will look:

_20180601_230743.JPG

Opened about a million coins in the wc mode. Packed pretty much every decent player including Messi and Ronaldo. Also got Maradonna and Ronaldinho. Only player I’m missing now is Kante

This evening I went through and opened the few hundred packs that went across to main fut.. got pretty much nothing of value.. except until the final pack from today’s sbc.. I’m never going to pack a player this good again

D18CA659-C698-4975-8A1F-B112516A9FEA.jpeg

Ramos here. Very happy with that. I had TOTY Ronaldo and Ramos previously so now I can sell them both since packing their TOTS.

Guess I’ll use the coins to play around with other TOTS cards. Or I suppose they’ll be doing WC special cards too

Immobile for me, would really like Neymar/KDB, they'd fit and improve my teams for sure..

I think I'm going to stick Quag and Callejon into the next one if there is one as they are my worst two TOTS cards and I don't need them with the other bench options I have.

Another decent one in Aguero..again fits my team perfectly.

I thunk this will be my final team. Not bad for no packs bought with either real money or ingame coins. Only from SBC's. Only bought players are Vieira, Blanc and Rijkaard. Dybala is unreal and shout out to Blanc who is also incredible.

Screenshot_2018-06-03-21-11-58.png

Did the challenge for De Ligt super quick, 6 games 6 early quits 2 or 3 goals down, these are my two teams now:

IMG_7ae5971c-5f5d-47fb-9152-f26a135511d2.png

IMG_b8fef252-084e-4d61-ab80-0e48fb7ad4ad.png

I picked up TOTS Naldo for 60k so it meant I didn't have to use fitness every game on Prime Rio, in the games I've played with him he's felt incredible. I'm just hoping for Neymar/KDB or one of the big attackers in the next SBC as that'd be perfect for my team.

I played a few WC games again and got some packs, nothing special so I popped them into the European Upgrade and after 3-4 of them finally got a better European ST for my team in the form of Lewandowski, not my usual type of ST as he has no skills but I'm happy enough to try him in this mode for the time being :)

TOTS Naldo is great - I paid a LOT more than you did though!

I won the World Cup on the fut online, the last game the World Cup final was mad as it was 6 5 and could have gone either way. Ronaldo got 4 goals for me.

Have Lewandoski, Ronaldo and Messi up front who are awesome despite Messi been on chemistry 2. Lewandoski is great as well he just shoots and it almost goes in.

They are backed up by midfield of Onachka, Hazard and Sterling. Some times with Sterling running just behind Messi, the opponent can’t cope as it’s too much pace they both have down the right wing.

Ronaldo played 16 games and 13 goals with 9 assists.

The video you get when you win the World Cup is really good as it has all your team members that you have picked in the video so it ended up with Ronaldo picking up the World Cup, was very cool

Last edited:
IMG_bf3cb61a-95ee-416c-a8e2-091a327550fb.png

This guy is pure incredible, so glad I got him in my Icon pack as he isn't available in regular FUT, his stats are helped by the fact he's been far better than the lone ST's I've had so I tend to look for him as my finisher/goal scorer, even now I have Lewandowski Nakata is my go-to guy.

So I got this guy in a European Upgrade pack:

IMG_610e850e-d1f8-4288-b62e-c72634fd42b9.png

My team now looks like this:

IMG_3f5fe925-0355-4c7a-a566-e272775c78d5.png

In game the formation stays the same but Dembele LW CR7 ST Rashford RW, Nakata at CAM Perisic LCM Modric RCM.

I've only played 4 drafts (won two of them) and this many Online Tournament games:

IMG_6c55df94-031c-451e-9a90-5d533cb86031.png

I only actually have three pages of players in my club too as I haven't opened many packs, pretty end game team already though and not much more to achieve really.

I would argue that you don't need Ronaldo all that much Olly - I am sure you could beat 99% of FIFA players with a bronze team!;)

I would argue that you don't need Ronaldo all that much Olly - I am sure you could beat 99% of FIFA players with a bronze team!;)
Haha, Tbh I was more than happy getting Rashford a few packs earlier and using him at ST, then Ronaldo pops up and changed that slightly..

Not sure what others think but I feel the standard of opponent in the WC mode is way lower, possibly because casual Fifa players have been drawn back onto it for the WC and there's a huge influx of lower level players playing but in those 60 games I can genuinely only remember playing 3-5 players that were decent, that's how I've got so many goals with Nakata I can just pass it around as I like and lay them up for him one after another.

Lots of the YouTubers poor mans road to glory series where they start from scratch and play their way up I find they are scared to play with a bad team or feel like they won't get far because of it, but some are better players than me and I went 30 odd games before losing one due to my game crashing when winning, they'll find out soon enough that it's pretty easy and also pretty quick to get such a good team in my experience.

Koulibaly :suicide:

It's been an excellent event but it's been absolutely garbage for me. The vast majority of my pulls have been defenders.

I got Naldo....who I paid 247k for when he came out

Without exaggeration I think I’ve lost 1m coins from poor trading this time round. I’ve learnt my lesson (don’t go on FUT when piddled!)

Still, meant I could sell him for a whopping 75k and now running these teams...

B013FFE1-C5A3-4A9A-A2C0-D9A1EC7D4894.png
1025DC02-9441-4568-8837-6F822D83A5F6.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom