FIFA 19

richp007

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a general 19 thread this year, so thought I'd start one.

Tried the demo earlier, and it's really not very impressive.

Clear this year the selling point is the Champions League, and that's what they want you to buy the game for. Very little else of note in terms of changes, it's really just 18.5. But at full price. Scandalous really.

The demo's always seem to be sluggish, so I know the full game might be a lot smoother, but this year I'd defo wait for a price drop before jumping in. Might not be too bad with a gameshare, but at £50 solo I think it's a rip. Unless you're gonna hammer the Ultimate Team. Which I can't stand, but never have. So nothing to do with this years.

It's just a shame that Fifa that used to be a game that felt like a real progression year on year, but that's not the case anymore. Hasn't been for at least 3 years now. Just a copy and paste job with updated rosters, and a few gimmicks here and there.

Against my better judgement I’ve just bought it and it’s downloading. That’s a bottle of red wine for you and Hearts going 5 points clear in the league. YAS !!!!!!
Seriously though I only ever go as Hearts so given their squad details are frankly rubbish for my team (they have a few missing alert) I have no idea why I just bought it. I’ve no interest in playing seasons as any other team.

Cheers for starting the thread though

is the ea early access today?

Nope, not until Thursday mate
“......Subscribers to EA Access on Xbox One can play a 10-hour trial of FIFA 19 starting on September 20, then get 10% off the full game after launch. Learn more about EA Access on Xbox One. .......”

If you're seeing people playing it or streaming it already it's because a good amount of German/French people managed to source copies early..

Easily one of the best games I’ve played, hopefully the full release is a bit slower on default speed but loving the demo, miles apart from 18 which I kind of got on with but got bored after not too long

So , I started my 10 hour EA access trial and what an embarrassment. Well out of date squads (I play as Hearts and we still have Lafferty amongst others and don’t have numerous players we have signed). Additionally it’s last years commentary team “Tyler” , when there’s a new commentary team apparently for 19.
What’s the point ? I’m assuming all will be well for the actual release but wtf is the actual point in the 10 hour bonus ?

So , I started my 10 hour EA access trial and what an embarrassment. Well out of date squads (I play as Hearts and we still have Lafferty amongst others and don’t have numerous players we have signed). Additionally it’s last years commentary team “Tyler” , when there’s a new commentary team apparently for 19.
What’s the point ? I’m assuming all will be well for the actual release but what the fudge is the actual point in the 10 hour bonus ?
I think the new commentary you speak of is the Champs League commentary... which is only for the Champs league.

Quite a cool feature I think, makes the competition feel real.

I think the new commentary you speak of is the Champs League commentary... which is only for the Champs league.

Quite a cool feature I think, makes the competition feel real.

Yes your right so my bad. Also squads all updated today so I feel a tad stupid.
Had a few games today and really impressed.

£15 cashback from top Cashback if you buy Fifa 19 from GAME. As long as you're a new member at TC or haven't made any purchases through the site yet. Was going to pull the trigger however for whatever reason the only version you can't buy from game is the Digital download standard edition. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Had my 10 hours and loving it. Plays really well and glad I’ve got it now. Roll on Friday. Only problem is that’s also Forza day too

I miss the days of supermarket price wars for FIFA. Haven't seen a single offer of note in-store this year.

Is there anything new on the standard Online Seasons? Still undecided whether to buy it...can't be bothered/have the time for FUT!

Just had an email from EA offering me 30% off, which puts it around £35. Can’t decide whether to go for it.

On the Marketplace a lot of the reviews are really bad, mostly siting a bug which doesn’t let you play past the first season and no sign of EA fixing it. Is that right or has it been fixed now?

Ended up starting my EA Access trial last night, did the CL match at the beginning and played on match, can't remember what they call the mode, it's the one where you play the actual upcoming fixtures, so played Palace v Arsenal, by that time I was pretty bored, so with RDR2 out now, I'll save myself £35.

Doubt I'll even finish the rest of my 10 hours.

Updated from FIFA 17 recently.

Fair to say this is the worse version of FIFA I have played in 8 or 9 years I have been playing . The game play online is a joke. It is like an arcade game these days

Updated from FIFA 17 recently.

Fair to say this is the worse version of FIFA I have played in 8 or 9 years I have been playing . The game play online is a joke. It is like an arcade game these days

Worst Fifa of the lot mate. Diabolical. I feel for anyone whose chucked cash at it this year. It's a total joke.

I've jumped ship to PES anyway after playing nothing but Fifa for 10 years. What a beautiful move that was. Streets ahead in every department. I know this is the Fifa thread, so that's all I'll say before there's a riot :laugh: but I was just like many others in dismissing PES. What an absolute mistake. The most important thing being the gameplay, is vastly superior in every department to Fifa now.

Give it a try if you want a footy fix. Once it clicks, you won't be disappointed.

Worst Fifa of the lot mate. Diabolical. I feel for anyone whose chucked cash at it this year. It's a total joke.

I've jumped ship to PES anyway after playing nothing but Fifa for 10 years. What a beautiful move that was. Streets ahead in every department. I know this is the Fifa thread, so that's all I'll say before there's a riot :laugh: but I was just like many others in dismissing PES. What an absolute mistake. The most important thing being the gameplay, is vastly superior in every department to Fifa now.

Give it a try if you want a footy fix. Once it clicks, you won't be disappointed.

Downloaded the demo last night but haven't tried it yet . Started playing FUT for the first time ever in the mean time .Fair to say unless you spend buckets of cash on the best players you haven't a chance. They are so over powered they seem like avengers characters

Downloaded the demo last night but haven't tried it yet . Started playing FUT for the first time ever in the mean time .Fair to say unless you spend buckets of cash on the best players you haven't a chance. They are so over powered they seem like avengers characters

Ultimate Team is a terrible joke. Why anyone spends money on that I have no idea. It's just pay to win, but in the most awful way as well. And it's sadly all EA care about now with the Fifa franchise.

I can only pray what's happened in Belgium happens over here at some point. Might actually mean they have to do something with the game.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom