FIFA 21 Review & Comments

How this scores a 9 for gameplay is beyond me.....it’s Fifa Street 11 v11 with the most awful tracking and non existent defending.....no way anything like a football sim. If you like big scores and loads of tricks with nice open spaces to run through...this game is for you. Football games are on thier knees imo....it’s like they have gone backwards by 10 years.....I thought the skating days were over....alas, it’s like an ice rink out there Clive!

How this scores a 9 for gameplay is beyond me.....it’sthe most awful tracking and non existent defending.....Football games are on thier knees imo....it’s like they have gone backwards by 10 years....

I agree with this 100%. They’ve made FIFA just awful to play if you actually want a SIM type experience. Fully aimed at casual gamers and the defending is just...abysmal.

I get the point about depth and the manager part of the game is much improved which is great. But for me, they’ve just ruined FIFA’s core gameplay mechanics. It’s a no from me...

How can this more than 1/10 when it's a shameless money grab with no obvious gameplay improvements on current gen?

35250951-4165-4469-90A7-AD3DB2BFA285.png

The EA chairman 10 years ago caught on secret recording

The essence of the recording means in battlefield EA deliberately give people small clips of ammo in order to charge them for a larger amount and because the player is so engaged in the game, the player will pay the extra money for a larger clip size, as the player is not money sensitive in the heat of battle

“We are not gouging but we are charging” quote

The EA chairman at the time tried it and spent $5000 dollars on EA products using the technique

This was 10 years ago and it’s applied to Fifa now

Players get engaged in the game, go on win streaks and seem to be playing well. Then they’ll go on losing patches, get frustrated, see a number of their players not playing well now so will resort to buying Fifa points to buy that player they’ve been eyeing up. This is an EA built in feature of the game that they hope the player doesn’t notice

The EA scientists patented a dynamic difficulty patent which changes the strength of your opponent based on factors such as how long have you not been playing, what’s your losing streak like etc

Every year EA have increased the promotions on packs with pink players, blue players, slightly green players been dazzled to the player in temptation. EA over the years have increased the frequency of pink and white players with green spots coming out, just to entice you into buying those Fifa points

When some one scores against you they now show the player who scored tempting you to go out and buy that player as well, new feature recently added

They’ll have happy hours where packs are discounted at 30% off

And at the end of the season when it’s all over thank goodness you’ll have spent a fortune and got nowhere, but given the EA chairman his money he’s after

I was one of the players playing since 2010 and I would readily queue up the night before to buy the latest Fifa game, but then it started getting bad at about 2015

My brother spent 2 years as a trader and had to trade every day just to make coins to buy players to keep up with other teams

I could try all the expensive players. We bought the 99 rated team of year Messi and after 20 games I was thinking about subbing him as his effectiveness had been down graded by the game. When we looked at the RW position there wasn’t a better player we could buy. The game had broken itself as it automatically makes players worse over time to make you buy new players, but we’d already bought the best player at RW so didn’t know what else to do

In terms of modes, the squad battles is just there to entice you into playing ultimate team. People like pro clubs so that’s good

Their main enticing mode is ultimate team that sucks people in

Glitzy reviews look at the surface of the game from a casual let’s look at the so called features and draw in unsuspecting football fans to get engaged with the game and then EA are not gouging but they are now charging

My review well I wouldn’t give it the publicity now, and Mr EA chairman and your EA scientists, your not gouging but your charging, with all your exploits exposed in pure daylight, you know where you can stick your Fifa game

Last edited:
EA dont even try to mask it any more, this game has become a shameless cash-grab, and they know they can get away with it because customers will queue up year after year to pay full price for roster updates and new kit graphics.

Guys I can only recommend you don’t get sucked into Fifa ultimate team

EA have got all the enticing practises installed into the game, shameless it is and they are presuming the average player is not aware

But be aware they have employed EA scientists to exploit the player to buy those Fifa points and have all the dirty enticing tricks fully installed previously described into the game now

The glitzy reviews are naive, skimming the surface with a lack of experience from actually playing and seeing what EA are doing now

Mr EA chairman, your not gouging but your charging quote

Last edited:
I ended up buying this years version with some birthday money i had sitting.
I'd consider myself a casual FIFA player - dont get to play it as much these days.
I must admit to being pleasantly surprised.
It plays a decent game of football (not what you would watch on the tv but console football :) )
Controls seem to be responsive, i'm losing as many as i am winning but enjoying it never the less.
I dont tend to get involved in the whole paying for packs with real money (which is no doubt the evil part), instead just jogging along with a reasonably crap team for now :)

I ended up buying this years version with some birthday money i had sitting.
I'd consider myself a casual FIFA player - dont get to play it as much these days.
I must admit to being pleasantly surprised.
It plays a decent game of football (not what you would watch on the tv but console football :) )
Controls seem to be responsive, i'm losing as many as i am winning but enjoying it never the less.
I dont tend to get involved in the whole paying for packs with real money (which is no doubt the evil part), instead just jogging along with a reasonably crap team for now :)
I am definitely a casual gamer these days, but as you say, this years release has definitely surprised me. I'm enjoying it more than in recent years.
Career mode is a big improvement, and should be enough to keep footie fans interested for a while. I have dipped into FUT a few times, but much prefer Career Mode, but will have a dabble now and again, although I have no intention of spending actual money - you have to be daft to do so.

Have you seen the user metacritic reviews for Fifa 21, real players leaving reviews not generic glitzy reviews handled by EAs marketing department.

Most are 0, they are worth reading if you’ve never been there or you are new to Fifa, don’t get sucked in with EA

I’ve just signed up to the game pass and it’s going to include EA play, talk about a grave yard of once great franchises completely ruined by EA

Enjoying the game, apart from on Pro clubs everyone we play against seems to score the same goal, running down the line cut back across the 6 yard line and smash it in, rinse and repeat, hate that

EA are getting sued for their dynamic difficulty adjustment which rigs online FUT games
The Netherlands are sueing EA as well because they have ignored their countries laws
California and Canada are also sueing EA for ignoring their countries laws
The British parliament is still taking feedback from players on their dislike of EA lootboxes
EA sports, it’s in the scam

Last edited:
My wife just picked this up from Tesco this morning for £30.....thought that was a good deal. My son played the trial on Game Pass and liked it so wanted to get it. She said there were about 20 PS versions and only 2 Xbox version on the shelves !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom