Film Review - Marvel's Inhumans (2017)

Enjoyed reading and look forward to watching this. While I do enjoy Marvels universe I do sometimes find they struggle to connect to one another. Hopefully they will do something about this in the future.

So, "exclusively in IMAX" means any IMAX screen across the country?

thanks,

crabby

How come there is no score in this 'review'?

I've seen some reviews for this already, and it doesn't look good!

How come there is no score in this 'review'?

I've seen some reviews for this already, and it doesn't look good!
So you read the review then?

I had the privilege of seeing four scenes that had been completed, taken from the first two episodes shown on an IMAX screen in London.
Hence (I assume) no score. Should probably be called a Preview rather than a Review.

No I didn't read the 'review' - because it isn't a review....

As you said, it's more like Preview - and as barnaby said, maybe even and Advertisement!

Which was my point, no 'review' score - so not a review and shouldn't be called one!

A friend has a Meerkat Movies 2-for-1 code, so I might give it a go with that.

I'd be interested in knowing if the UK TV rights have been snapped up by Netflix or are with C4/E4 as per MAoS; I don't have a Netflix subscription (yet), although the pressure is mounting as they nabbed the UK rights for Season 3 of Rick & Morty :facepalm:

I suppose ch4/E4 will get the series in 6 months time ?

Hmmm, the trailer didn't look very appealing and the reviews aren't making me feel like splashing out the £4.23 uplift to watch this up local Cineworld IMAX...

Review: Inhumans is Marvel's first major misstep
Even the IMAX presentation does Inhumans no favours. The first major misstep of the shared Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Inhumans Review
whether it was the result of an in-house power struggle or a poorly developed premise, Inhumans is likely to end up being one of Marvel’s few outright failures of the past decade

Marvel's Inhumans: "The First Chapter" Review - IGN
Inhumans is bad from top to bottom. Try as it might, the show does not live up to the Marvel brand. It is most definitely not worth seeing in IMAX, and I wouldn’t recommend catching it on TV either.

Marvel's Inhumans Series Premiere Review
Every brand has its limits and this uninspired take on the Inhumans might be Marvel’s.

If only HBO would grant Game of Thrones an IMAX release here in UK, as I'd happily pay to watch that show on giant screen :cool:

Friday Box Office: Marvel's 'Inhumans' Stumbles, 'Tulip Fever' Bombs
This isn’t the first time IMAX has shown TV shows, as they played the season four finale of Game of Thrones in January of 2015. That earned $1.46m in 201 IMAX theaters for its troubles.

Last edited:
Watched this in a near empty IMAX auditorium the other night (barely 10 seats out of around 300 were occupied) and well... it was pretty naff tbh.

On the plus side (aside from some ropey CGI) it did look fairly good on giant screen and can but hope that Game of Thrones' final season will get an IMAX release.

Watched this in a near empty IMAX auditorium the other night (barely 10 seats out of around 300 were occupied) and well... it was pretty naff tbh.

On the plus side (aside from some ropey CGI) it did look fairly good on giant screen and can but hope that Game of Thrones' final season will get an IMAX release.

Almost empty cinema here too. There was me, my friend who has the Meerkat Movies voucher and some other random guy.

PQ and AQ were nice, although some of the CGI looked "SyFy Channel Quality" which was disappointing given all the shot-on-IMAX hype.

Plot was all over the place and felt like a mash-up of MAoS, Thor, Dr Strange and Lost(!) with holes big enough to fly a fleet of helicarriers through.

Looks like Sky 1 have secured the UK rights...

Sky Corporate
Get ready for some spectacular action as Marvel’s Inhumans arrives on Sky 1 – the only place to watch the brand new series in the UK & Ireland this autumn.
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Will give it a go

Seeing a lot of adverts on TV for this at the moment- god does it looks awful :facepalm:

Starts on Wednesday October 25th - sky 1

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom