Firewall: Zero Hour

Have they done anything about the AFK XP farmers ?

Has anyone noticed this in their games ?
Nothing done yet, but players have not been shy posting names (with video), and general awareness has lessened the issue I think.
I had an AFKer early on, and it's annoying because it kept rematching us together if I quit and tried to find a new host.

T... Aim Controller drift I started to experience, anyone had this issue with Firewall and is there a quick way to remedy it?
There's two different issues with the aim: the sort of "jiggle drift", where the gunsight isn't steady, and keeps moving up/down/left/right: this is usually a lighting issue, ie ambient light, and the camera not able to detect the position in space.
Usual stuff as per headset, like eliminate reflections, darken room etc

Then there's the "rotational drift" where the gun slowly makes a small horizontal circle: this is the gyroscopes not correcting themselves.
The only real fix is to shake the Aim, or do a quick turn off device and turn it on again. Various dubious fixes have been proposed, such as turning off all Bluetooth devices nearby, or attaching a device to regularly shake the Aim (eg tape an electric toothbrush to it).

I've had a week or so away, what with server issues and then I had man-flu - and playing VR sneezing and leaking fluids isn't fun - but back on, and it is still great when it's all working :smashin:
Devs have said they're aware of a number of real bugs and general wish for improvements, but no word on patch yet.
I'll be playing it I think quite a bit until Red Dead 2 drops, so hit me up.

EDIT: devs have said patch is being tested (match making fixes), and weekly communication on how things are going:
https://www.firstcontactent.com/single-post/2018/09/25/Firewall-Zero-Hour---Community-Update-2

Last edited:
Matching making definitely faster.
Seems to be putting squads together, eg: you're in a squad of 3, host of this hits Public, and you go into a lobby with 2/3/4 on the other side, then 1 more person joins your side (plus extras their side).

The downside is before if you had a pre-made squad of 2/3/4, you'd only be up against 4 random players who'd not know each other, giving easier wins. Now you get matched against brutal 40+s all geared up, and some rough games.
Sadly many games seem more Cod-like, as highlevel defenders will stick down jammers / door blockers, then rush you with auto-shotties and HZUs. Stealth is pointless with the floating red names, and it's a dps game to down the other guy quicker :confused:

I still ike FZH, but it's no SOCOM.

Beginner here lvl 8 (with previous experience in other FPS games), if anyone’s interested in teaming up let me know please. I’ve got a headset and I’m a friendly bloke. :thumbsup:

Love the physics engine :smashin:

And I joined on a mate, only to be put on the other side as his team was full. Then I got to blindfire kill him :D

It's an absolutely remarkable game, completely raised the bar for me.

Ive had it on disc since launch and it hasnt left my playstation once. The lobby can be a bit glitchy, there is clearly room for improvement but anyone waiting for fixes is really missing out as its a staggeringly good game, especially once you get a good communicating team.

Just hit level 24, ive got my eyes on the revive pistol next

It's an absolutely remarkable game, completely raised the bar for me.

Ive had it on disc since launch and it hasnt left my playstation once. The lobby can be a bit glitchy, there is clearly room for improvement but anyone waiting for fixes is really missing out as its a staggeringly good game, especially once you get a good communicating team.

Just hit level 24, ive got my eyes on the revive pistol next

I think I've put more "one more round" 5 am's on this game than anything since counter strike.

The revive piston is a game changer, watch this for some pointers for when you get it!

Mod edit: link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
So did some testing and this has some significant ramifications to most of my loadouts... What do you think?

What do you think?

I think you need to write out what this testing is ;)

Also you know you can edit posts? Rather than making a new one each time.

I think you need to write out what this testing is ;)

Also you know you can edit posts? Rather than making a new one each time.

Ah I didn't know about that rule, ok, I tested the bullet sponge skill to see how much it really helps... the results were pretty underwhelming....

As for editing the posts, yes I'll keep that in mind! I see there is a multi quote button now, I'll make sure to use that in the future!

@Devedander as well as using the edit and/or multiquote functions please stop posting videos from your YouTube channel.

Sorry didn't know you can't do that
I'm sure Miss Mandy will correct me if wrong, but the spirit of the rules is posting YouTube videos is ok if highlighting your text post, but the main crux of your content should be on AVF itself.
If you're essentially saying "come to this other platform to see my content / discussion" it's not ok.

You should consider: are you bringing traffic to AVF, or taking it away?

On topic: I never put much weight into Texas. Any good player will headshot you, and it was proved soon after launch her bonus doesn't help vs headshots.
Personally I typically run (and I am too lazy to optimise vs enemies that probably need to it) on attackers Ghost+Scout; defence Ninja+Scout.
But then i'm a sort of flanky / try to surprise them player (as i'm pretty poor at actually aiming / I blame terribad drift ;) to win "fair" 1v1s).

* just IMO / interpretation of the rules, as a non-mod.

I'm sure Miss Mandy will correct me if wrong, but the spirit of the rules is posting YouTube videos is ok if highlighting your text post, but the main crux of your content should be on AVF itself.
If you're essentially saying "come to this other platform to see my content / discussion" it's not ok.

You should consider: are you bringing traffic to AVF, or taking it away?

On topic: I never put much weight into Texas. Any good player will headshot you, and it was proved soon after launch her bonus doesn't help vs headshots.
Personally I typically run (and I am too lazy to optimise vs enemies that probably need to it) on attackers Ghost+Scout; defence Ninja+Scout.
But then i'm a sort of flanky / try to surprise them player (as i'm pretty poor at actually aiming / I blame terribad drift ;) to win "fair" 1v1s).

* just IMO / interpretation of the rules, as a non-mod.

That all sounds reasonable. I'm new to making content specifically so I forget that when I post a video now it's not my video but my channels video... it's an odd shift!

I feel the good headshot players are few and far enough between that it's reasonable to try and bullet sponge your way out of it, but now that I tested it I switched off. I run a lot of ice man, instant karma and triple dose but I'm still torn on the scout... it's awesome when it works but it seems iffy...

Nice, does it require a download? My game didnt need updating just now when I checked

My thoughts on solo mode experience

I never bought this game until a few days ago because I am not a multiplayer gamer and I am unsure if I ever want to multiplay. But decided to buy it, anyway as its on sale for sixteen quid and I thought I should at least give it a go in solo mode and perhaps give multiplayer a try, given this game is so highly rated as a virtual reality experience.

So I have been playing the Solo mode and wow, it's pretty impressive and very satisfying just playing solo. You can build up your experience points, ranks, unlock weapon upgrade and customisations as normal.

The missions are very thrilling and challenging as you are own your own (no co-op bots) either as a defender or attacker against a multitude of ai bots.

It's fantastic fun and have played several missions so far in various beautifully rendered maps. My pulses are racing constantly, as enemies come around corners. The directional of sound of footsteps and doors opening are excellent and of course intrinsic to gameplay.

I found playing as a defender easier to do and get to grips with the game (but still thrilling) then I venture as an attacker once I've gained confidence in my handling of the game.

For anyone who bypassed this game like myself due to its emphasis on multiplayer, I think the sale price of £16 is absolutely worth it for its solo mode alone. Altbough there is no main story campaign, you still get skill /ranking progression and various unlock incentives, including plenty of ps trophies.

The Aim controller is great of course but one thing I do hate about this games control scheme is the sprinting, it's horrible. I always hate when a game implements L3 for sprint. I always prefer holding down a separate button such as L2. Also, can't sprint backwards (probably for realism!). It's not a major gripe but it can be irritating and cumbersome when the action hots up.

So ironically, this might make it in my ever-expanding favourites list just for it's solo mode alone, despite the fact its sold as a multiplayer only game. I am not going to venture into multiplying just yet as I want to build up my experience with in solo mode which I am thoroughly enjoying. Its also quite a workout in itself.

Last edited:
Further Solo Mode conclusion:

Really really rocking for me. I have played about 40 games randomly as attacker and defender and on all of the ten maps. I let the game randomly choose my next mission for me to keep me on alert. Its thrilling because unlike the 4v4 in multiplayer, Solo mode structure is done with wave by wave of spawned AI bots, which means its more action packed. (yes AI are not hard as a real player enemy but the waves compensate for that)

It might also interest all of you who play multiplayer that you can level super quick by playing attacker mode. I hear wait times in lobby can be five minutes on average at the moment. An attack mission lasts about 2-3 minutes on average for me and I get 300 XP points, 300 Crpto on average per mission. So you might like to mix it up with solo to compensate for the lounge wait times and still enjoy your multiplaying which I know is what most of you mostly desire...and of course level up a little quicker.

But for me, I am loving solo and I dont particularly desire going online (its awkard for me to chat online in the living room and I might be annoying to others as I cant keep my mouth shut! so its for you guys benefit not to have me mulitplaying, lol).

I really love it and sure enough, it is the best Aim Controller experience yet. BUT of course it is not a story campaign and down the line, it could all become stale doing the same maps hundreds of times with the same two gameplay modes (attacker and defender) Having said that, it feels like the difficulty might be increasing as I rank up or it could be my imagination, can't really tell for sure yet.

Its an 8/10 for me as a solo mode experience.

Solo mode structure is done with wave by wave of spawned AI bots, which means its more action packed. (yes AI are not hard as a real player enemy but the waves compensate for that)
Note: the AI bots scale with your level.

So when you start they react slowly, don't do a huge amount of damage and the pace is very relaxed.
When you get to about 20-25 they start ramping up, use grenades more, will put you down much faster, are more aggressive when you're defending.
At 50 (not that i'm that level) they kill in a burst or two, and reportedly make it very tough indeed to finish a mission.

If you want to get the collection trophies done, definitely focus on them when low level.

Overall Solo is ok, but I got a bit sick of it when doing the 100 solo matches trophy. You can do co-op vs the AI bots too, which is more fun. I'd really love a Rainbow Six: Vegas style terrorist hunt mode, but I doubt the devs will plop that nugget out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom