Question Found this coputer on ebay is it worth buying

Nope. £470 for a 2011 computer with a £40 case and £150 graphics card added is not good value. Especially if you are in Ireland and buying with the strong Euro instead of the falling pound.

Sooooo you not sure then!:D
Thanks for the info, often looked at these and thought are they good value

A six year old CPU so the motherboard will be old as well.
Personally I would get something more up to date.

CMOS battery will be on its last legs if it hasn't been replaced already. Other than that it depends what you want it for.

First rule of computing is "garbage in, garbage out", but the second rule is "I need a faster computer". Truth be told they haven't got that much faster in the last few years, and if you're just going to be using it for MS Office and some internerding, it'll be plenty fast enough.

As for the price, not sure....

First rule of computing is "garbage in, garbage out", but the second rule is "I need a faster computer". Truth be told they haven't got that much faster in the last few years, and if you're just going to be using it for MS Office and some internerding, it'll be plenty fast enough.

But if that's all you want then better to buy a mid-range computer of the same age for 20% of the price that hasn't been tarted up with a new case.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom