foxsat-hdr can't delete

onthehill

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a small problem that the foxsat won't delete programs via the remote. It seems to work okay otherwise and it will delete from the custom firmware. When I press delete the screen shows 'please wait...' and appears to freeze; the only option is to switch off the power. It's not a major problem as I have the custom firmware.

I'm running the latest custom firmware, the NASmount was the last addition. I have a second hdr with the same configuration, which is working perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated.

It is working again.

I compared the media via the screen and via the browser. I found two missing recordings, which were watched (NASmount) on the other HDR. I deleted these, deleted the mount points and removed the NASmount. Not sure if this is a coincidence.

I'll reinstall NASmount to see if it happens again.

If the files have acquired the "immutable" attribute, even the fix-disk procedure won't allow you to delete them. Some bad corruption affected my parents' HDR (they often get power cuts) and left two immutable files in lost+found after the fix-disk (e2fsck) procedure. It looks like I'll have to statically compile chattr and copy it on to their HDR to fix them.

If the files have acquired the "immutable" attribute, even the fix-disk procedure won't allow you to delete them. Some bad corruption affected my parents' HDR (they often get power cuts) and left two immutable files in lost+found after the fix-disk (e2fsck) procedure. It looks like I'll have to statically compile chattr and copy it on to their HDR to fix them.
Here you go, try this :)

Attachments

• chattr.zip
    65.1 KB · Views: 34
Here you go, try this :)
Thanks. That's helped with most of them.

Unfortunately, there are a couple of oddities left:

Code:
HumaxHDR/mnt/hd3/lost+found# ls -la
total 104
d-wx--xr--    2 12717300 34748366      8192 Aug 21  1968 #666352
--wSrwSrwt    1 40494153 31738677     49152 Jul 15  2003 #667118
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         65536 Feb 18 13:24 .
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          4096 Mar 24  2010 ..
HumaxHDR/mnt/hd3/lost+found# /tmp/chattr -i *
HumaxHDR/mnt/hd3/lost+found# rm -rf *
rm: can't remove '#666352': Operation not permitted
rm: can't remove '#667118': Operation not permitted

They're small. It's probably best just to leave them be.

It's worth noting that fix-disk segfaulted on the problems on this partition. I had to compile a more recent e2fsck to get it to do anything useful.

Last edited:
It's worth noting that fix-disk segfaulted on the problems on this partition. I had to compile a more recent e2fsck to get it to do anything useful.
Yes, I've had mixed results with fix-disk using the embedded busybox version of e2fsck. May update to a standalone version in a future CFW release.

It is working again.

I compared the media via the screen and via the browser. I found two missing recordings, which were watched (NASmount) on the other HDR. I deleted these, deleted the mount points and removed the NASmount. Not sure if this is a coincidence.

I'll reinstall NASmount to see if it happens again.

It is a known problem with 2 HDRs, any program watched on the other HDR will no longer list, just update name via the web interface they will then show on the media list and can be deleted if wished.
I informed Adrian and he will be looking into the problem when he has time.

It is a known problem with 2 HDRs, any program watched on the other HDR will no longer list, just update name via the web interface they will then show on the media list and can be deleted if wished.
I informed Adrian and he will be looking into the problem when he has time.

thanks. has anyone else had the same issue?

That is not what I quoted on in post #8!

did you read my original post?

it isn't the problem I had and why I asked the guys for help.

I could see the recordings in media, but when I tried to delete (with the remote) the box would freeze.

did you read my original post?

it isn't the problem I had and why I asked the guys for help.

I could see the recordings in media, but when I tried to delete (with the remote) the box would freeze.
As I said I replied to your post, some of these threads are 900+ posts long, life is too short to check every post, you should appreciate this as you are "on the hill" or you will when you "over the hill" like some of us!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom