Framed Movie Pictures

Thanks, posted this before but I had the below commissioned to show The Explorers, The Goonies, Corey Haim and Michael J Fox as if they were friends.

DBC053CD-F5C7-47C7-B55C-4E1A12A474A9_zpsrqcdqjrt.jpg

That one is my design (with some artist input :)), it is a one off which I commissioned from the guy who did Romancing the Stone and Police Academy.
Great posters, especially the Space Camp one, great composition - you seldom get that these days in movie posters because they just photoshop a pic of the main star and that's it. The art of the illustrative movie poster (which actually gives you a visual overview of the film) is more or less dead. Really nice stuff :)

Not sure if this is the correct thread but I got round to framing this up. [emoji3]

ImageUploadedByAVForums1452348473.163546.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1452348485.832055.jpg

Thought I'd throw my efforts up, nothing as fancy or elaborate as some others on here.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Got handed this print by a member of staff after watching it at their IMAX screen on opening weekend, it was a nice surprise :)
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fell in love with these empire magazine covers so decided to frame them :)
Particularly like the Harley Quinn.
image.jpeg

I love that Ant Man poster! Really nice and looks good framed
Thanks, it's a nice design, works well. Even better that it was a free gift :thumbsup:

I also have an IMAX guardians of the galaxy one from when I went to see it at the empire Leicester Square, I want to get that framed next but it's an obscure size, so will have to go custom on that one :confused:

Thought I'd throw my efforts up, nothing as fancy or elaborate as some others on here.
View attachment 666575
View attachment 666576
Got handed this print by a member of staff after watching it at their IMAX screen on opening weekend, it was a nice surprise :)
View attachment 666577
View attachment 666578
View attachment 666579
How could you not like the Harley Quinn. Giggity.:love:

I recently framed these by JC Richard representing A New Hope (Desert Sands), Empire Strikes Back (The Last Rebel) & Return of the Jedi (Forest Sentries):

I recently framed these by JC Richard representing A New Hope (Desert Sands), Empire Strikes Back (The Last Rebel) & Return of the Jedi (Forest Sentries):

Beautiful artwork! :love:

View attachment 666575
View attachment 666576
View attachment 666577
View attachment 666578
View attachment 666579
Great posters. Really complex composition and a really simple one and both work really well.

It would be cool to have a "tour" of member's rooms (as long as I don't have to do the knave cave!!)

I've penciling my own movie poster of late - check my facebook page here: Kris Knave Art

I've just made a post of all the progress shots which is something I've never actually done on any piece before but quite enjoyed it.

EDIT: If you would be so kind, please give the page a like - I'm trying to build it as it's quite new. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Been a while since this thread was on the first page & as I grabbed a few new prints last weekend from the London Super Comic Con & thought I'd share them with you guys.

First up some prints from Elias Chatzoudis...

Then a set of the main ladies from Zenescopes Grimm Fairy Tails comic by the hyper talented Mike Krome...

These 4 prints all make up one large piece (it doesn't quite marry up correctly but it does look impressive)

I'm starting to build quite the collection of prints now & I'm really happy with what I have.

I could have cheerfully spent loads more at a million different artists but I had to be good...being out of work sucks big time :(

Neil

Some really nice stuff there. The Grimm set looks fantastic. Ever tempted to pick up any original sketches?

Thanks man.

I do have a couple of original sketches I picked up around 15/16 years ago at a Transformer convention from Lee Sullivan & Mike Collins...

But I haven't had any since...only just getting into buying prints really but I did actually commission 2 blank covers at LSCC which I'm waiting on receiving as I left before they would have been finished

Got 1 from Liam Shalloo & 1 from Phil Buckenham.
Will get the pics up when they arrive & hopefully I'll add some more over the years.

Neil

Thanks man.

I do have a couple of original sketches I picked up around 15/16 years ago at a Transformer convention from Lee Sullivan & Mike Collins...

But I haven't had any since...only just getting into buying prints really but I did actually commission 2 blank covers at LSCC which I'm waiting on receiving as I left before they would have been finished

Got 1 from Liam Shalloo & 1 from Phil Buckenham.
Will get the pics up when they arrive & hopefully I'll add some more over the years.

Neil
Nice! I love Shalloo, he's awesome. Met him a couple of times and he's always been great. He actually worked on Transformers as a colourist I think (don't quote me on that, it's straight off the top of my dome).

I've done a few blank covers, they're nerve wracking, if you fudge it, you can't just bin it and start again. That Walking Dead cover i did made my eye twitch for about two weeks! Stress! Lol

Nice! I love Shalloo, he's awesome. Met him a couple of times and he's always been great. He actually worked on Transformers as a colourist I think (don't quote me on that, it's straight off the top of my dome).

I've done a few blank covers, they're nerve wracking, if you fudge it, you can't just bin it and start again. That Walking Dead cover i did made my eye twitch for about two weeks! Stress! Lol

Yeah he was a thoroughly nice chap.
Never knew of him before the show & spent ages chatting, was really great.
He did indeed work on Transformers :)
He did the colours for the IDW run on a couple of the Spotlight books (Hot Rod & Grimlock)
Next show I'm going to that he is appearing at I'm taking my individual issues & my IDW Collections to get them signed :)

Lol I bet they are.
Some of the blank covers I saw being done were unreal, looked amazing.
With Liam I'm going for something totally off his normal remit...I asked him what he'd been doing most that weekend & no surprise but Deadpool was top with a lot of Turtles & Batman stuff so fancied getting him to do something totally different & hopefully it will turn out great :)

Same with Phil really he'd been doing a lot of Zombie Caricatures & usual comic stuff so I grabbed a blank cover for a comic that we had been discussing but not the usual stuff he'd been asked for & I'm really looking forward to the outcome :)

Hoping they won't be too long before they arrive now :)

I should really grab a blank & get you to so me something as well soon...just need to get some funds together again I think

Neil

Be sure to post them up here. I'm pumped to see them now too!

I should really grab a blank & get you to so me something as well soon...
The eye! The eye has started twitching!! :D seriously, that's flattering my good man :)

Be sure to post them up here. I'm pumped to see them now too!

Don't worry I will :)

I'm itching to get back to a 'Con now.
It's only been a week but I'm on serious withdrawal :( lol

Knave said:
The eye! The eye has started twitching!! :D seriously, that's flattering my good man :)

He He sorry ;)
You're welcome buddy, your work is stunning & a custom piece by you would be a lovely addition to the slowly growing collection.

I have a whole mess of ideas of what I'd like done flowing around my head at the moment so once I've had a think & narrowed it down to just a couple I will most likely be in touch to discuss some of them :)

Neil

So I had one of my blank covers arrive this week the one from Liam Shalloo & it's turned out ok...not quite as good as I'd hoped but not too bad.

Still waiting for my one from Phil which I'm really looking forward too.

Still working on ideas for one from you @knave ;) lol

Neil

You know what, I'm gutted to hear you say you aren't too happy with that cover. Was it not what was expected?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom