Free Video Editor - Alternative to VSDC ?

Tempest

Distinguished Member
I've had VSDC for some time, and ever time I try and use it, I get simply frustrated, and quit it.
I know it's lack of training on my part, but I find it so unintuitive. Very simple things that should just be easy and obvious even for someone without any experience, seem a million miles away.
So is there any alternative for the PC ?

Basic stuff such as:

Cutting bits off the start/end/middle.
joining 2 video's into one.
Crop a video, so you just see a bit of it.

Nothing rocket science, just the very simple stuff that's so frustrating with VSCD.

Thanks in advance :)

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I know little about the subject but won't the video editor that comes with your OS do those tasks? IIRC these days it's Photos for Windows, and iMovie for Mac OS.

Last edited:

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Thanks, I'll take a look at photo's for windows.
Never knew there was anything for video built in.

Update:
Wow, excellent, that's exactly all that I needed at the moment, in fact even better than I needed.
It was under my nose all the time!

Thanks so much for telling me to go look for it :)

Last edited:

tickedon

If you need something more complicated than what's with the OS, DaVinci Resolve is worth a look - it's a professional-grade tool for macOS, Windows, and Linux, and nearly all of the functionality is available for free (some advanced colour correction and other features are paid for)

Tempest

Distinguished Member
If you need something more complicated than what's with the OS, DaVinci Resolve is worth a look - it's a professional-grade tool for macOS, Windows, and Linux, and nearly all of the functionality is available for free (some advanced colour correction and other features are paid for)
Cheers for the recommendation.
There are other things I'd like to be able to do, but of course, it's always great if you can accomplish what you want is a easy and intuitive way, as opposed to needing to learn a very complex package.
Will take a look at DaVinci :)