FREE video editor needed

mickyas

Established Member
Reaction score
HI, I am running windows XP but will carrying out a complete wipe and re-install of windows 8.1 (hopefully) but before doing that i want to edit numerous mp4 holiday videos i have stored on various drives (i have back ups in various formats just in case of my sausage fingers scr*wing up). I am after a SIMPLE FREE (not trial versions with watermarks etc) editing software which will allow me to easily edit, split, combine them, then burn to DVD or save to a drive before using a different software to burn. Is there such a thing available??? Thanks in advance.
Mick

As using XP you are limited as Windows Live Movie Maker is not compatible with XP - and you need the Live version for MP4 video editing as MM2.1 only supports SD WMV & DV .AVI files.
However if you can get all the required editing done in 30 days then most of the video editing packages offer a full function 30 day trial with no watermarks etc. Or if it will take longer use one for 30 days, then move onto another for the next 30 days ;)
Sony Creative Software - Download: Movie Studio 13 Platinum
Free Trials
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2015 Plus – Video editor
To name a few, but check if they are supported on XP as I don't think they all are any more.

There are some downloads here that may also be worth a look, but again check if they run on XP - free hd video editing software download for Windows XP
and some more here - Video Editing Software for Windows - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Mark.

As using XP you are limited as Windows Live Movie Maker is not compatible with XP - and you need the Live version for MP4 video editing as MM2.1 only supports SD WMV & DV .AVI files.
However if you can get all the required editing done in 30 days then most of the video editing packages offer a full function 30 day trial with no watermarks etc. Or if it will take longer use one for 30 days, then move onto another for the next 30 days ;)
Sony Creative Software - Download: Movie Studio 13 Platinum
Free Trials
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2015 Plus – Video editor
To name a few, but check if they are supported on XP as I don't think they all are any more.

There are some downloads here that may also be worth a look, but again check if they run on XP - free hd video editing software download for Windows XP
and some more here - Video Editing Software for Windows - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Mark.
Thanks Mark.
I have since carried out the wipe of my pc but have encountered a new problem and already posted a new thread relating to it :-((((((
Mick

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom