Freesat 4K box

bogart99

Prominent Member
Reaction score
See one can buy a 4K freesat box. Now I am sure there are no 4K channels on freesat so I assume they are able to mention it in the same breath as on demand which is via ones internet, correct?

See one can buy a 4K freesat box. Now I am sure there are no 4K channels on freesat so I assume they are able to mention it in the same breath as on demand which is via ones internet, correct?

Correct. However There is one SES Astra 4K demo channel on 28.2E which appears on some Freesat kit as channel 998. You would have to ask an owner of the Arris box if it has 998. It is on 998 on my 4k LG C9 TV.

There is 4K content on iplayer (none at the moment, Amazon Prime, Netflix and YouTube.

I can get the SES demo on my VU+ box in so far as it recognises it is there but no picture. I can also get it with picture on my tv. Strange you said none on Amazon Prime as I am sure I saw some last night whilst messing with my new tv.

Read it as if it has a ")" between "none at the moment" and ", Amazon Prime"....... Then all might become clear.

I can get the SES demo on my VU+ box in so far as it recognises it is there but no picture. I can also get it with picture on my tv. Strange you said none on Amazon Prime as I am sure I saw some last night whilst messing with my new tv.

I said none at the moment on iplayer. 4K content is available on the others. iplayer uses HLG for 4K HDR content

There is 4K content on iplayer (none at the moment, Amazon Prime, Netflix and YouTube.

Can someone advise if its possible to enter custom DNS settings on the 4K box, ideally when connected through wifi? On my Humax 1100S, you can enter custom DNS settings but only when hardwired - not when connected through wifi.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom