Freesat channels 101 through 144 gone missing.

ransomz0

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The above channels have gone missing and following a reset and retune they still show as "no signal" when i switch to e.g. 101. The tele is an 43LJ594V and the channels previously worked fine. My understanding is that if this was an issue with the dish or LNA then missing channels are likely to be spead out randomly. As I say these are all missing in a contiguous block. What should I be checking ?

Thanks in advance.

The first thing to try is change the lnb.

The first thing to try is change the lnb.
Thanks Graham that worked a treat. The mother in law is over the moon. Out of interest why did a contiguous block of channel disappear, i though if there was a problem with the LNA that the missing channel would be somewhat randomised over the channel numbering?

Thanks Graham that worked a treat. The mother in law is over the moon. Out of interest why did a contiguous block of channel disappear, i though if there was a problem with the LNA that the missing channel would be somewhat randomised over the channel numbering?

Complete guess here.

Without knowing what postcode you used to setup the box. Around 50% of the channels you had missing would have been horizontally polarised, the rest vertically,

Knowing what regional variant you had 101 on (and the transponder it was using). You would have to post what BBC 1 region SD was being used.

Without a lot more info, the easiest way was to simply change the lnb..

Thanks, in the end the swap sorted the issue. Bonus I've had to learn a bit about sat dishes ... :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom