Freeview tuning issues 43PUS6753/12

slobberbone65

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi - Just wondered if anyone can help me with a tuning issue on my 43" ambilight TV. For the past 2 weeks we have not been able to access freeview channels number 1-55. I have reset the TV back to factory settings done a full install and it still only finds around 34 channels. We can watch a few HD channels fine. I contacted both Amazon (who we purchased the TV from) and was then referred onto Philips by Amazon. I spoke to an engineer who said he would get back in touch with me but that was two weeks ago and i'm still waiting.

I spoke with a local TV repair man who decided the problem was the aerial. I've paid today for a new aerial but the problem persists. I'm thinking its a freeview tuner issue but wondered if anyone else has had this problem or can suggest a solution. We purchased the TV last November.

Thanks in advance

Did your local TV repair man try it on a known good working aerial or was this his diagnosis after speaking to you and did he or someone else supply and fit the aerial?
Is the new aerial on the roof or loft?
Do you have any equipment connected to the TV by HDMI?

Thanks for your reply - It was his diagnosis. No someone else fitted the aerial which was fitted to the roof.

I disconnected all other equipment and did a factory reset and then tried to install channels again

Take it to a friend or neighbours and try it on a good known working aerial.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom