Fujitsu 58 or Philips 7603

A_Venables

Novice Member
Im looking at getting a new 42" tv for the lounge/Home cinema room. At the moment I have the Fujitsu P42HTA51ES, this is great gives great pictures, Im happy with it but I want to move this to the bedroom and replace it with either The Fujitsu P42XHA58 (secondhand) or either the Philips 7603 LCD or Aurea 9900 Both 42". Now, Ive seen how good my 51 series Fuji is, I dont want to be basically down grading, I know the Philips are both LCD, Im just wondering if LCD has got better than when I was looking for my Fuji? I like the Philips because of the ambilight, so I want to know which I should be looking at?

Piers

LCD has come on in leaps and bounds in the past couple of years but the Fujitsu plasmas are still very good. The P42XHA58EB isn't 1080p and the Pioneer Kuro's are. The Pioneers are no longer made and weren't available in a 42" version.

Ambilight is a gimmic (what you want is a decent back light that produces light of D65 and of the right intensity).

A second hand Fujitsu 58 series at the right price will take a lot of beating.

A_Venables

Novice Member
Is there any other brand/model I should be looking out for in around 42"-50" size? I dont consider 1080p important at this size. I would consider other secondhand models as long as they arent fault prone!

choddo2006

Novice Member
You might consider any of the Panasonic PHD6/7/8/9 series. They tend to be very well built and can be found 2nd hand as people upgrade to 1080p screens

A_Venables

Novice Member
Id like a HD ready panel, so those panasonics are out, but Ive been looking at the pf11's, are these any good? Would these be worth the extra than a s/h fuji? What are they like with sd as the misses would be using it with sky sd pluged straight in, without scaler for ease of use?