Think I'll pass until S1-8 UHD box set is out.
Seems pointless watching S1 on UHD and the other 6 I have on blu-ray.
I've been hit enough in the pocket buying the seasons one by one each year, meanwhile seeing the multi season boxsets getting cheaper and cheaper, to go down buying the individual seasons on UHD as they come out route. :(

Last edited:
Think I'll pass until S1-8 UHD box set is out.
Seems pointless watching S1 on UHD and the other 6 I have on blu-ray.
I've been hit enough in the pocket buying the seasons one by one each year, meanwhile seeing the multi season boxsets getting cheaper and cheaper, to go down buying the individual seasons on UHD as they come out. :(

Think i will be doing the same :)

Just spotted that and yep, I'll wait for the inevitable box set.
I'll probably get the BD steelbook of S8 (when it's available) as I have 1-7 already... then I can keep or sell as a complete set.

Should be great in 4K though, the BDs look (and sound) fantastic already.

Game of Throne?

Is this some new offshoot that I don't know about?! ;)

I'm quite happy with the blu-rays on these. Cant justify the cost to buy them all in 4K given that I wont watch the whole thing very often (still haven't managed to repeat watch anything from season 3 onwards!).

Buying it. Have relied on sky box setting it for rewatches so more than happy to pick up the individual boxes. No doubt will end up selling them and buying the inevitable s1-8 boxset.

Game of Throne?

Is this some new offshoot that I don't know about?!
;)

I'm quite happy with the blu-rays on these. Cant justify the cost to buy them all in 4K given that I wont watch the whole thing very often (still haven't managed to repeat watch anything from season 3 onwards!).
Well, it's just the one season so we only get one throne...;)

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I was really hoping this wasn't going to happen having spent a fortune on the steelbooks with Atmos already. Double dipping again then :(

It's nice to see they are doing this but that price. Perhaps a little high. Considering you can buy S01-S07 in a box set for £90 at hmv.. how can they justify around half that price for 1/7th of the content. Sure it may be very pretty in WCG, dolby vision n'all that but waaaaat. The only way I could justify it was if it were straight after series release. Now I wonder when apple will start providing TV shows in 4k hdr since they are starting to trickle out on disc. For now i'll await a price drop or complete box set. Maybe they just need more money for series 8.

its on zavvi at £45, so with code basically £40. Still, no way in hell am i paying that for one season I already have in atmos!

I couldn't resist, zavvi £41.48....full box set will probably be a couple of years away....:thumbsdow

Maybe they just need more money for series 8.
So the UHD release is a sort of crowd funding exercise for HBO to finish GOT and not run out of cash mid way through filming the final season? There is certainly going to be a lot of expensive CGI needed to do the finale as we all would like.

I suspect there will be animated sequence when you load the UHDs with a little dragon or white walker saying "By buying this UHD you have ensured that GOT season 8 will have more than three episodes and not leave the entire thing hanging unresolved and uncompleted"...;)

Last edited:
So the UHD release is a sort of crowd funding exercise for HBO to finish GOT and not run out of cash mid way through filming the final season? There is certainly going to be a lot of expensive CGI needed to do the finale as we all would like.

I suspect there will be animated sequence when you load the UHDs with a little dragon or white walker saying "By buying this UHD you have ensured that GOT season 8 will have more than three episodes and not leave the entire thing hanging unresolved and uncompleted"...;)
:rotfl:

Damn the presky crew members staying in glasgow for 6 months wanting a 5 star hotel instead of 4! ;)

Yeah I'll wait for box set. By that time UHD prices should be better. hopefully!

It's a tough one, desperate to rewatch GoT before season 9 but don't want to pay over the odds to do so.

Wonder what the 4k release will actually end up like PQ wise, can imagine some of the CGI not holding up too well.

It's a tough one, desperate to rewatch GoT before season 9 but don't want to pay over the odds to do so.

Wonder what the 4k release will actually end up like PQ wise, can imagine some of the CGI not holding up too well.

Season 9? I think its due to finish at Season 8. ;)

Think this might be standard pricing for 4K TV series boxsets. Wasn't Westworld similar when it was released and that hasn't really gone down in price.

Personally ill wait for the boxset of series 1-8.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom