Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection (2011-2019) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbooks)

I have had the amazon email too so looks like this has slipped 2 weeks. Production delay I guess. That's going to make it very tight to watch 8 seasons of GOT before LOTR and Hobbit arrive!

Matte finish on the steels according to Scanavo.
Debossing on the case.
GOT_TCC_CASE.jpg

Just got an email from WB Shop saying they're taking payment on this item and my order status has changed to Awaiting Despatch.

Do they really take payment a month before shipping or is this item being released earlier than expected? The original release date was 2nd November, I believe, so I can accept they might take payment a fortnight before shipping.

So is this being released on 2nd or 16th November?

Release date pushed back to 14th December 2020 according to HMV/Zavvi.
That's 3 dates so far, any advances? :laugh:

If this has been delayed to December then I will be emailing WB because the payment has already been taken from my credit card account last week and as far as I can tell from their website the release date is still 2nd November which would at least would justify them taking the payment now.

*EDIT*
I have emailed WB Shop regarding this pre-order because I noticed that while the non-steelbook boxset still shows a 2nd November release date that there is no release date at all for the £249 steelbook boxset which seems to confirm that, yes, this has been delayed but yet they still went ahead and took the money based on the original 2nd November release date! The absolute cheek of it!!!

Last edited:
If this has been delayed to December then I will be emailing WB because the payment has already been taken from my credit card account last week and as far as I can tell from their website the release date is still 2nd November which would at least would justify them taking the payment now.
I emailed them yesterday. Not heard anything as yet.

*EDIT*
I have emailed WB Shop regarding this pre-order because I noticed that while the non-steelbook boxset still shows a 2nd November release date that there is no release date at all for the £249 steelbook boxset which seems to confirm that, yes, this has been delayed but yet they still went ahead and took the money based on the original 2nd November release date! The absolute cheek of it!!!

Totally agree if it has been delayed then WB store should @ least contact there customers who they have already taken payment from. Really poor customer service & communication.

It's still 3/11 in the US so I wonder what's up with the UK release.

Has anyone who emailed WB Shop about taking early payment for something potentially delayed until mid-December received a reply yet?

What annoys me about this is that there is no indication of a release date either on their website (though the standard £199.99 4K version shows as 2nd November still) or my order, which just shows "awaiting despatch" and has done now for over a week since they took the full £249.99 payment.

Got a reply earlier on:

"Hi,

Thanks for your message and for ordering from the Warner Bros. Shop.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the charge to your account.

This item was due for release this week, which is why the charge the week before as is custom with our pre-orders.

We have since been informed that the release will be pushed back until December 14th, and unfortunately we were unable to update our systems in time to stop accounts being charged.

If you would like to cancel your order we can offer you a full refund, allowing you the opportunity to re-order closer to the time.

Thank you for your patience with this matter, and please do not hesitate to let me know if there’s anything else I can help with.

Kind regards,

Martin

Warner Bros. Shop"

So basically I have to cancel my order in order to get the money, they took out in error, refunded!!! To add insult to injury their website shows that this item is "available now" which is an absolute lie. Do they not check their own website?

When did you email them ^ cos I’ve not had anything from them.

When did you email them ^ cos I’ve not had anything from them.

Saturday morning (24th October).

I have just emailed Martin back and asked that if the money cannot be refunded and my card recharged nearer the date to cancel the order. If that is the only way to get my money back now on a mistake they've made by admission then I will not be ordering again from WB Shop because you cannot even cancel an order without emailing them first which is ludicrous for a 2020 retailer site.

What annoys me is that the website shows this item is "Available Now" so how many other people are being duped into placing an order now and having their money taken straight away, six weeks before release?

Saturday morning (24th October).

I have just emailed Martin back and asked that if the money cannot be refunded and my card recharged nearer the date to cancel the order. If that is the only way to get my money back now on a mistake they've made by admission then I will not be ordering again from WB Shop because you cannot even cancel an order without emailing them first which is ludicrous for a 2020 retailer site.

What annoys me is that the website shows this item is "Available Now" so how many other people are being duped into placing an order now and having their money taken straight away, six weeks before release?

I’m trying to cancel my hobbit trilogy and I actually think I’ve more chance of winning tonight’s Euro lottery than getting a reply to emails, phone messages, Twitter message. They are appalling. I’d never ever order from them. Cancelling is nigh on impossible.
I’m resigned to getting it now. No option to cancel on their site or amend payment details or anything.
I wouldn’t even try and return anything to them. I’m just hoping there’s no damage when I do get the set.

I received another reply from Martin at WB Shop UK and, unsurprisingly, the only option was for my pre-order to be cancelled so I could get the money back. He said the only options available are this and to keep the pre-order with early payment. Absolutely ridiculous for 2020 in my view even taking into account COVID-19. I was told that my money will be refunded within the next 5 days.

I have luckily been able to place an order with Amazon which I did yesterday as I know they never take payment early and, even if they did, it would be easier to get support and a refund from them. I will be avoiding WB Shop UK for pre-orders from now on...

Could you share what email address you’re using, I’m not getting anywhere !

Now I *am* confused because I have just received an email from Warner Bros. Shop for this order that claims it has shipped! Yes, shipped. Which obviously cannot be true because this item has been delayed until 14th December.

There is nothing in the email itself, it just includes an attachment that on opening it, takes me to the WB Shop website with the order number for this order showing. When I click on My Account this order shows as Complete.

*EDIT*
Seems to be an issue with Thunderbird on my PC. My iPad shows the email clearly and it says Shipped with 2-3 days for delivery! So this is the cancellation email, folks unless I am the luckiest person in the world and they’ve shipped me one of the only copies available right now? I think not.

If this is how WB Shop show a cancelled pre-order (as shipped!!!) then I definitely will not be using them in future because, well, talk about confusing. WTF! :facepalm:

*UPDATE*
I noticed that my pre-orders for The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings steelbook boxsets are now showing as "Pre-Order, Waiting so I hope they aren't also taking the money for those as well as they are not released until 30th November!

Last edited:
Left a msg on their ‘automated’ service, we’ll see if that gets me anywhere

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom