Question Game sharing

Rustybin

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hi

When game sharing, is it possible to share US account and UK accounts at the same time.

So all of my purchases are split across USA and UK. My mate's purchases are also split across USA and UK.

Can we both share everything, or do we need to pick a region and stick to it?

Thanks.

Just an FYI though, you'd have to play on the US account that bought it on the non-primary console.

Just an FYI though, you'd have to play on the US account that bought it on the non-primary console.
Okay.

Well the bulk of my purchases are on my US account and the bulk of his are on his UK account.

So to keep things simple, can we just share the one account each, but each have access to our own second accounts... If that makes sense?

No, for the game sharing to work the user has to play on the account on one of the consoles.

So you would have to play on your US account for your US games, and you can play on your UK account for all your friends games.

No, for the game sharing to work the user has to play on the account on one of the consoles.

So you would have to play on your US account for your US games, and you can play on your UK account for all your friends games.
So there's no way for us to game share our UK and US accounts AND both use our UK accounts?

What's the best solution then?

Could we both just share our UK accounts, but carry on using our US accounts (no sharing). Both of us have our PSN / Trophies on our UK accounts.

If you both want to play on your UK accounts then its not possible to game share the US account on 2 systems. ONly the Primary console would the UK account be able to play those US accounts games.

There's no need to over-complicate it. It works exactly the same way that you UK account game sharing works. System set as primary = everyone can access those games. The non primary =user has to sign into the account. Exact same for the US (or any other account).

BEst way was to just play on the US account on the non primary system then the game sharing fully works like normal with both regions. But if you dont want to then one of the users will have to do without for the US account.

If you both want to play on your UK accounts then its not possible to game share the US account on 2 systems. ONly the Primary console would the UK account be able to play those US accounts games.

There's no need to over-complicate it. It works exactly the same way that you UK account game sharing works. System set as primary = everyone can access those games. The non primary =user has to sign into the account. Exact same for the US (or any other account).

BEst way was to just play on the US account on the non primary system then the game sharing fully works like normal with both regions. But if you dont want to then one of the users will have to do without for the US account.
Thanks for your help and apologies for being thick.

Is this possible then:

My PS5
My UK account as my primary (shared with mate).

My US account locally on my machine (not shared).

Mate's PS5
His UK account as his primary (shared with me)

His US account locally on his machine (not shared).

Thanks for your help and apologies for being thick.

Is this possible then:

My PS5
My UK account as my primary (shared with mate).

My US account locally on my machine (not shared).

Mate's PS5
His UK account as his primary (shared with me)

His US account locally on his machine (not shared).

Ok its this way:

Your PS4

Your mates account set as primary = You can play his UK account games on your UK account

Your US account set as primary = You can play your US games on your uk account

His PS4

Your UK account set as primary = He plays your UK account games on his UK account

His US account set as primary = He can play his us account games on his UK account.

IN this situation basically the US account is not game shared at all so you can only play your own us account games on your UK accounts and you wont have access to his US games. and vice versa.

No worries mate.
Please can you link to the thread where it explains how game sharing works? I've watched videos on YouTube and i still don't understand it.
My friend wants to play my games, and I want to play his. We plan to game share ps5 so I'm sure this is what is meant by game share. I've deactivated my ps4 as the primary machine and logged into my machine on his account but I can only see my own games. Same thing in the library.

Please can you link to the thread where it explains how game sharing works? I've watched videos on YouTube and i still don't understand it.
My friend wants to play my games, and I want to play his. We plan to game share ps5 so I'm sure this is what is meant by game share. I've deactivated my ps4 as the primary machine and logged into my machine on his account but I can only see my own games. Same thing in the library.

As above. This is all you need.

Your PS4

Your mates account set as primary = You can play his account games and your account games on your account when signed in.

His PS4

Your account set as primary = He plays your account games on his account and his accounts games when signed in.

As above. This is all you need.

Your PS4

Your mates account set as primary = You can play his account games and your account games on your account when signed in.

His PS4

Your account set as primary = He plays your account games on his account and his accounts games when signed in.
Do you have to create a new user and just use his details?

Yeah and then set the console as his primary console when you're logged into his account and he do the same with yours.
Cheers mate, I'd logged in with them yesterday but the account isn't on my machine now so I thought I'd done something wrong. I didn't want to have to type it up every time I want to play.

Cheers mate, I'd logged in with them yesterday but the account isn't on my machine now so I thought I'd done something wrong. I didn't want to have to type it up every time I want to play.
Yeah you have to create a user and on the sign i page put his details in. Youw ill need to keep that account on the machine. What i did was created a passcode for it so only I knew how to get into that account so no family members accidently went into it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom