Games with Gold

Good news really, seems to have gotten a bit buried by the Kinect news.

Think the wording of the press release makes it sound like a subscription model similar to what Sony does.

I really like Max: The curse Of Brotherhood so I hope lots more people get to play it now.

Correct. You need to subscribe to play them, like PS+ content, so it's not the same as the GwG model on the 360. Better than nothing though.

Looking forward to playing Max for free. Am I right in saying the main advantage MS's offering has is that you get to keep the games, they aren't tied to your gold sub?

Looking forward to playing Max for free. Am I right in saying the main advantage MS's offering has is that you get to keep the games, they aren't tied to your gold sub?

That's the 360 version of GwG. The talk with the X1 version is you can only access the games for as long as you're subscribed to Live, the same as PS+ Instant Game Collection.

Don't have enough time or HDD space as it is, dam these offers are really going to stretch me. Such problems lol

Will stack this up on the website each month until I finally pick an X1 up. Should have a load of free games then :)

Already got Max but will give Halo a go.

I am hoping for some proper games if its the same model as PS+ as both of these are 'arcade' games in my opinion.

Already got Max but will give Halo a go.

I am hoping for some proper games if its the same model as PS+ as both of these are 'arcade' games in my opinion.
I just had a quick look and this month ps4 gets a game called stick it to the man.
I take it they get something else because it doesn't look like a proper game to me.

Stick it to the man is good, but so far the PS4 releases have all been relatively basic indie games. No doubt that will change as the back catalogue grows. I can see KZ appearing soon, given it was such a turkey.

Yep, good news, but unfortunately I've already got both :( Still, it's good that things are changing and Max is a cracking little game, Halo not so much.

PS4 seems to get one indie game a month so far, but that's to be expected at the moment as the back catalogue isn't there yet to give out free games. I agree that Killzone will be the first non-indie game Sony give away.

Chalky are you saying you can get a xbox one sub via website only and pay the subs to get these games for 'free' once you actually get a console?

Free games sounds good to me. Haven't got either of these so they'll both be welcome :thumbsup: They'd better enable external storage soon though, a few months of this and my hard drive'll be full!

I'm pretty sure you can stack them up. I've been getting the 360 games on the website and then when i occasionally turn on the 360 it spends a while downloading then all.

I'm pretty sure you can stack them up. I've been getting the 360 games on the website and then when i occasionally turn on the 360 it spends a while downloading then all.
Nice one. Exactly what I'm hoping to do.

Big news and about time too.

I have read in the same script that gold member will get "huge" discounts on Digital games from June also?

But ive not seen any further info on it..asked on twitter too but they are sketchy to say the least :)

Hopefully the MGS demo will get these big discounts as I can't bring myself to part with £30 for a demo, I'm looking for 75% discount on that.

I'm hoping for Ryse to be sub £25 and Metal Gear under £15 :)

Do people think this is going to change they way they value smaller games on the Xbox now, pretty much instantly it was affecting my buying decisions, when Super Time Fore came out I caught myself thinking maybe I should just hold out till it hit games with gold.

So far ive basically been buying most games, I have Halo Assault, im not really interested in Max, not even for free really, so in reality I don't actually gain a great deal from this.

@Guns_LotsOfGuns Definitely - I've been conditioned now to feel that ALL console games are overpriced so will be holding back on paying for games I think will end up going as freebies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom