Garrett’s pick of the Weeks Films on TV.

Sat 15th

Forbidden Planet BBC2/hd 1.15pm

Don't forget on in just over 15 min.
EDIT
Canceled because of a tennis match got rained of earlier and there going to wait for that to start.:mad:

Last edited:
Not a problem for me as I have the blu. I'd be bloody annoyed if I didn't though.

Bri
Ditto, just annoyed for anyone who not got it or worse not ever seen it and were going to watch today.
Tee me off the BBC I no interest what so ever in sport and ye the proms only come once a year and one of the most popular is John Wilson who plays stuff from films but I bet again they wont show on BBC1 or 2 where I could watch in HD.

Ditto, just annoyed for anyone who not got it or worse not ever seen it and were going to watch today.
Tee me off the BBC I no interest what so ever in sport and ye the proms only come once a year and one of the most popular is John Wilson who plays stuff from films but I bet again they wont show on BBC1 or 2 where I could watch in HD.

I take it you can only get BBC4 in SD.

Bri

I take it you can only get BBC4 in SD.

Bri
yes, funny that my TV license is as much as anyone else that pays it yet classes a a second class viewer. We can CBBC in HD in the area because children know the difference when watching cartoons the massive difference in quality between SD and HD.
And your the same watch the news in HD the have to switch to non HD for the local news(yet). And why the flip dont they just swtich over to the BBC News channel for that 25 min (yes The One Show say starts at 7pm but starts about 6.55pm)
How many years have we had HD as well.

John Williams music celebrated at the Proms on BBC Radio 3 Thursday 20th at 7.30pm if not canceled for sport.

John Williams music celebrated at the Proms on BBC Radio 3 Thursday 20th at 7.30pm if not canceled for sport.
And on BBC 4 Friday at 8pm

BBC2 also has The Lady In The Van at 9.00 pm and The History Boys at 11.40 pm. There's also Being Alan Bennett in the middle of them at 10.40 pm.

Bri

It said it was an influence in the creation of Star Trek, and itself by Shakespeare The Tempest.

I wonder how much one of the sets from the film influenced one of the sets in The Time Tunnel.
The Time Unnel.jpg

I use Freesat and BBC4 is in HD. You can see their dog in it's full glory.

Bri
Do you know, I have never realised that.

Today

The Long Ships BBC 2 2.15pm

The Searchers Ch5 2.35

Saturday
X-Men: First Class 9pm Ch 4

Sunday
Kingsman: The Secret Service 9pm Ch 4
Sin City: A Dame To Kill For 23.35 Ch 4

A couple of acclaimed British films ...

Yesterday (Sat 9th Sep)
X+Y (2014), starring Asa Butterfield
- was on BBC2 at 9:00 PM yesterday, now on iPlayer for 29 days
AVF review (by CA Milbrandt Mar 13, 2015)

Today (Sun 10th Sep)
Broken (2012), starring Tim Roth
- 10:30 PM, BBC2, on iPlayer shortly after broadcast
AVF review (by Simon Crust Jun 29, 2013)

"The Cabin in the Woods." On 5Star on Wednesday night.

"Let The Right One In." On the Horror channel on Wednesday night.

"Kingsman" on tonight on Ch4.

Sat
Cowboys & Aliens 21pm Ch4
Survivor 11.20pm Ch4

Sunday
Olympus Has Fallen 9.00pm Ch5/ repeated Tues 11.05pm
The Grand Hotel Budapest 11.05pm Ch4
Enter The Dragon 11.15pm Ch5

Monday
The Last Stand 11.5pm Ch5

Sat (tonight).
Transcendence 11.15pm Ch4 watched it a few week back on blu ray not to bad of a film.

Tonight (Sunday morning) - The Salton Sea - BBC1 00:30 - Not a bad little Neo-noir

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom