Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gamerste

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like a General election is to happen this December.
Who will you vote for.
Is it all about brexit or is there issues within the UK that need sorting other than brexit.
I'm actually looking forward to a GE

*Rubbing hands with glee* :clap::clap:

Snap can't wait to see Corbyn and Johnson in a night time TV debate.
If he's man enough to appear

The irony is, if the red camp had another leader, they could win.........
If they get defeated badly, Corbyn will have to walk.

Bojo will blow him away.
I predict a majority for the Tory (Not big tho)
Remain Labour voters will defect to Libs.
Brexit Party to pick up some also.
SNP vote will increase.

Bojo will blow him away.
I predict a majority for the Tory (Not big tho)
Remain Labour voters will defect to Libs.
Brexit Party to pick up some also.
SNP vote will increase.
You may well be right - the Tories have a formidable electoral machine and wouldn't be calling for an election unless their analysis and experts predicted them a comfortable win.

However, for Johnson to achieve anything by this election, he needs to get a majority that is large enough for him to marginalise either the One Nation or ERG wings of his party. Yet before he has even started he will lose 10 Scottish MPs to the SNP and he is likely to lose a few more to the resurgent Lib Dems. So he is going have to get a 40+ seat shift elsewhere to get that majority. Johnson obviously thinks he can do that and I am sure we will see the Conservatives throw everything at it to ensure it becomes so.

As a "mild" Brexiteer (for Deal) I have to go for TBP because no way my area would ever vote Tory (area includes "Battle of Orgreave" site). My area really is Heart of Labour normally but voted 72% leave.

I would have selected Conservative otherwise.

For me, this GE is to resolve Brexit but without that issue I'd have voted Conservative this time until Labour get back from the hard left.

Last edited:
You may well be right - the Tories have a formidable electoral machine and wouldn't be calling for an election unless their analysis and experts predicted them a comfortable win.

However, for Johnson to achieve anything by this election, he needs to get a majority that is large enough for him to marginalise either the One Nation or ERG wings of his party. Yet before he has even started he will lose 10 Scottish MPs to the SNP and he is likely to lose a few more to the resurgent Lib Dems. So he is going have to get a 40+ seat shift elsewhere to get that majority. Johnson obviously thinks he can do that and I am sure we will see the Conservatives throw everything at it to ensure it becomes so.
Who said politics was boring? :)
Bojo/Cummings plan is gaining momentum.
Recent polls have Labour at 24% (Bloody hell) That is really bad.

Bojo thinking must be:

- Constituents whose MPs have gone against them (EU ref) will be voted out (That is a fair few)
- Labour is in a mess (One foot in or out on EU)
- No more DUP hindrance

May was the same with the polling let's see what happens when the campaign trail starts

Have to wait a bit to see how things pan out. TBP are not huge in my area as it's Con/Lab.

Still hoping Boris will do some sort of deal with Nige to help give Labour an absolute tanking.

A big majority should see Boris able to push through his agenda for several years. No iffs no buts. :D

May was the same with the polling let's see what happens when the campaign trail starts

May was/is terrible at campaigning. This you could argue is Boris’ forte.

Think most folks would have voted for a cardboard cut out of May then her if they had a choice.
She was dire.

There can be no excuses now for you not to vote....

"All the parties are the same" mantra is now out of the window.

Remember, if you don't vote, you can't complain :)

Last edited:
On the chopping block:

Cooper
Soubry
Watson
Creagh
McFadden
Boles
Beckett
Rudd
Kinnock
Gyimah
Letwin
Wollaston
Philip Lee
Harrington
Tom Brake

:clap::clap::clap:

Ok, so if some of the above teabags want to get re-elected, how do they go about convincing their constituents?

I know, what I would say if they knocked on my door.

*HASTA LA VISTA BABY!*

Last edited:
Anyone expecting a similar lunatic campaign to May is going to be rather disappointed I would suggest.

It's going to be a simple Parliament against the people campaign.
Boris is very divisive also can he live debate without fumbling and knowing what he is doing and saying without and aide by his side

Boris is very divisive also can he live debate without fumbling and knowing what he is doing and saying without and aide by his side

Yes he is divisive - but compared to Corbyn who even a majority of his own MP's want gone he is a model unifying candidate.

If Labour had a better leader then the result would be much closer.

Yes he is divisive - but compared to Corbyn who even a majority of his own MP's want gone he is a model unifying candidate.

If Labour had a better leader then the result would be much closer.

Labour need to move back to the centre if they want to be electable once again.
Blair was clever in that regard. He took tips after the Clinton election back then.. Appealed to the left and right and got in. The days of being one or the other are now long dead.
You have to appeal to the broad spectrum across all communities, rich or poor..

Johnson will need heavily stage managing, that was evident during the leadership campaign.

He'll be certain to produce the odd gaffe, just depends how severe it is and how well the opposition exploit it.

On the debating front, Boris has been doing it all his life since Uni. If he brings half of what he has to the dispatch box he will do very well in my opinion.

I can understand why Corbyn wants to reduce the voting age to 16.

- When I was 16, I was more commie then Che Chavez :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

How many 16 year olds have mortgages, rent, bills, PT jobs, responsibilities and understand our fiscal system and in how the world works.

If only 27% of the (18-25) voted in the last EU ref and would 16 year olds even bother to vote in the forthcoming GE.

They have other things to keep them occupied like playing XBOX LIVE or sending naked selfies in snapchat

Last edited:
Bojo can throw in how many gaffs he likes, he will still win.

The queen is shapeshifter
Corbyn is an alien
The earth is flat
Soubry has more than one braincell
Ed Balls can dance better than Michael Jackson
Jackie Stallone is better looking than Sophie Loren
Lady Gaga is a man
And William Shakespeare was a black dude! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom