General Lease/PCP/PCH Deals Thread

Does anyone know when generally good deals come about? I am going to VT our BMW 125D in the next few months and considering either buying a cheapo car or looking to lease.

Possibly an EV like a Nissan Leaf.. we do reasonable mileage 15k a year ish so economy is essential and family friendly (one small child) and I believe they have in the past been quite a steal?
Beginning of each quarter for new deals.

I can’t find any decent lease deals for a Peugeot 3008 so thinking of buying a used one upto say 19k, is it a bad time with all what’s going on or are garages giving decent discounts to shift stock at present ,or am I better hanging fire until we get back to some sort of normality?

Once everything dies down im quite tempted to get a smaller car. Really like the look of the Fiesta S-Line range (ecoboost 140) and they seem to review well. I've never leased before though so I'm still in two minds whether to lease or to just get a loan and buy one that's 2-3 years old.

Well if this Corona lark continues for a few more months, i might not have a £500 excess milage bill on my current lease come next Feb:D:blush:

Well if this Corona lark continues for a few more months, i might not have a £500 excess milage bill on my current lease come next Feb:D:blush:
We're going to be 5000 miles under! And unable to get repairs done in time...ah well!

Got a 1st service due on my wife's (G2L) leased Mokka in April, I guess will just have to be done when it can as dealerships are closed? it's well under mileage.

Insurance is also due, might speak to the lease company to see if it can be returned early, anyone else done this recently due to the current situation? I'm 1yr into a 2yr deal.

Last edited:
Not sure if a good deal, but remember @rousetafarian was thinking of getting one of these.
He’s still got it on his list, but its quickly dropping down it I’m afraid, that said thanks fo the heads up

I paid 3K:eek: less for my R. If it was that price again, clumsy or not, i'd take one:D

Anyone know what the lease companies are like for doing a swap.

Just extended my Golf R for 12m as had no other options at £360pm. This with a 1mo down payment still works out cheaper monthlies that my Golf, and comes with another 3k miles a year...

Not as elegant as my Golf, but I've got dogs and wanted some a bit bigger anyway

Anyone know what the lease companies are like for doing a swap.

Just extended my Golf R for 12m as had no other options at £360pm. This with a 1mo down payment still works out cheaper monthlies that my Golf, and comes with another 3k miles a year...

Not as elegant as my Golf, but I've got dogs and wanted some a bit bigger anyway
A swap for what? Am I missing something in the question?

No deal but I did 65 miles in the month of Apr :eek:

2 more months of this and i'll be back on target mileage for my 2 year lease:rotfl:

Last edited:
Oops. Corrected.

Will be a fair bit more for May i'd imagine.

Mileage Update.

Contrary to what I said above, I didn't do a lot more mileage in May. 83 miles in total.:eek:

So, not really a fair bit more than April unless you consider it in % terms as 27% more is fair I guess:D

That's a total of 557 miles (400 in Mar) in the 3 months Mar-May.:rotfl:

That's the last of the crazy months though as I've got a 400 mile round trip on Friday.

Back O/T:blush:. Been checking in on the PH thread re deals now and again and they're abysmal - non existent. As one would expect.

8 months left on my current least so in theory, I could start looking again in 2-3 months.

Will it be.....deals are terrible so think about a 1 year extension to the current lease. Or, lots of deals around, as companies get back on their feet and try to generate some business...

Mileage Update.

Contrary to what I said above, I didn't do a lot more mileage in May. 83 miles in total.:eek:

So, not really a fair bit more than April unless you consider it in % terms as 27% more is fair I guess:D

That's a total of 557 miles (400 in Mar) in the 3 months Mar-May.:rotfl:

That's the last of the crazy months though as I've got a 400 mile round trip on Friday.

Back O/T:blush:. Been checking in on the PH thread re deals now and again and they're abysmal - non existent. As one would expect.

8 months left on my current least so in theory, I could start looking again in 2-3 months.

Will it be.....deals are terrible so think about a 1 year extension to the current lease. Or, lots of deals around, as companies get back on their feet and try to generate some business...
I hate out Merc GLA but extended it, as nothing is out there that suits us right now! Only 6 months to January, but it gives me options at least. And time to fix the damned thing of all its dents (wife, not me).

Unless something really good comes along for around £350 a month I think I'll buy my next car used. Fancied that Merc CLA shooting brake a few months back but got 7 months left on the current lease.

Unless something really good comes along for around £350 a month I think I'll buy my next car used. Fancied that Merc CLA shooting brake a few months back but got 7 months left on the current lease.
I'm thinking the same. Borrow from bank, buy a used Skoda Superb Estate auto around 14-15k. Keep it forever or until it dies!

I'm thinking the same. Borrow from bank, buy a used Skoda Superb Estate auto around 14-15k. Keep it forever or until it dies!

Forever then 😂😉👍

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom