General Lease/PCP/PCH Deals Thread

It’s all about the numbers. Not a driveway lol.

Anyways...sub 6 months to go. Half expecting to hear from my lease company soon. Though i may be pro active and contact them. See what a 1 year extension looks like. Another service and 2 new tyres will have to be factored in but if they keep the price dirt cheap (as it is currently), it might be the sensible option.

Certainly the easiest option.

It’s all about the numbers. Not a driveway lol.

Anyways...sub 6 months to go. Half expecting to hear from my lease company soon. Though i may be pro active and contact them. See what a 1 year extension looks like. Another service and 2 new tyres will have to be factored in but if they keep the price dirt cheap (as it is currently), it might be the sensible option.

Certainly the easiest option.
If you have minimal up-front payments, (i.e. 1+) it should stay low. If you had 9+, it'll likely not be as good as you want.

Twas a 3+23 so hopeful.

Easy for me too when it's £200 more a month then I ever want to pay :D

There’s a decent deal on a gti at g2l:
its 1500 down and 250pm for a 3 year deal!

Switch to 2 years and realistic mileage and its nearly 9K :eek::rotfl:

Has anyone ever had a lease deal finance rejected and then immediately accepted with another more expensive lender?

After completing the application I was told they would contact me in 24 hours... I barely got off the call and received an email telling me it was rejected but they could apply with another lender, but it was a little more expensive... I agreed and was accepted fairly quickly.

It's my first lease so not sure if common practice. It just seemed a little too convenient.. list at the absolute lowest price and reject any finance forcing customers to pay more.

Has anyone ever had a lease deal finance rejected and then immediately accepted with another more expensive lender?

After completing the application I was told they would contact me in 24 hours... I barely got off the call and received an email telling me it was rejected but they could apply with another lender, but it was a little more expensive... I agreed and was accepted fairly quickly.

It's my first lease so not sure if common practice. It just seemed a little too convenient.. list at the absolute lowest price and reject any finance forcing customers to pay more.

Not all advertised rates are available to every customer, I’m afraid the buyer’s credit scores can influence lenders decisions as with most lending,

Not to say that there isn’t anything ‘funny’ going on here. Just out of interest what was the difference in APR % rates?

Not heard of it on a PCH lease unless the companies use different under writer's as they do with PCP. It's like applying for any loan really, the headline figure isn't available to everyone based on credit rating.

No, but when I had just left uni and had no credit score so to speak, I went for a PCP brand new focus ST and got rejected by one lender, then they applied for finance without my permission and got it approved with slightly worse terms (needed an guarantor).

Fair enough, the additional cost was negligible, roughly an extra £200 across the term of the contract. I didn't catch the APR difference, I've already agreed to sell my old car so didn't have time to appeal or mess around... I can live with an extra few quid I just thought it seemed odd, probably because they seemed pushy after I'd committed, I was getting the old "We have to be quick it's the last one and it's first come first serve".

No, but when I had just left uni and had no credit score so to speak, I went for a PCP brand new focus ST and got rejected by one lender, then they applied for finance without my permission and got it approved with slightly worse terms (needed an guarantor).
Sound pretty stand practice, such you in with good numbers but needing top-notch credit rating then deal you the real numbers.

Fair enough, the additional cost was negligible, roughly an extra £200 across the term of the contract. I didn't catch the APR difference, I've already agreed to sell my old car so didn't have time to appeal or mess around... I can live with an extra few quid I just thought it seemed odd, probably because they seemed pushy after I'd committed, I was getting the old "We have to be quick it's the last one and it's first come first serve".

In stock deals tend to be cheaper and can go very quick due to limited numbers.

Our last lease was a stock car, only had a few red and 1 black when we enquired but an hour later there was a cancelled order on Ink Blue which we went with.
I missed out on a 3 series lease before as allocation was taken by the time my paperwork was processed, ended up with a 5 instead.

I read on another forum that its best to wait till t minus 3 months from end of contract, before enquiring about an extention? Do peeps agree?

My deal ends on 31st Jan so a tad less than 4 months.

Given that good (as in historically good) deals are totally non existant now, pretty much resigend to handing back and getting a jalopy (unlikely), or extending (likely).

I read on another forum that its best to wait till t minus 3 months from end of contract, before enquiring about an extention? Do peeps agree?

My deal ends on 31st Jan so a tad less than 4 months.

Given that good (as in historically good) deals are totally non existant now, pretty much resigend to handing back and getting a jalopy (unlikely), or extending (likely).
I got better offers near the end. Shīte offers 5m before end, despite them trying to scare me that the lease was coming to an end.

How long do lease contracts usually take to setup?

I placed my order on the 6th, got accepted, paid the admin fee etc.. and then nothing until the 8th October. I was sent logins to their customer area website and could see the status of my order. I could see my order was processed on the 8th. The next steps are "Documents sent" presumably the contract for me to sign, I was told they would be sent via email which I was thrilled about so I expected this process to be over very quickly, but it's now the 15th and I still haven't heard anything.

I'm really frustrated as I was promised a quick turn around with the car being an in-stock cancelled order... but their website says delivery to the dealer by 30/10.

I immediately complained and was told this date was incorrect, the vehicle is definitely in-stock... so I went ahead and sold my old car.

I now think I've been lied to, and they're being purposefully slow at every step to get to that 30th date.

I'm now car-less until this is ironed out.

I properly pulled the trigger on mine on the 17th sept. Get delivery tomorrow. That includes a 2 week credit cooling off period

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom