General/light gaming PC needed

cramman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I’m looking for a general, do it all PC. I need something for general work, word, excel and some light hydraulic modelling but want something capable of light gaming and video (go pro) editing. I’m not a heavy gamer, just want something that can run the likes of CSGO, Arma and DayZ at a reasonable rate, i.e. useable.

I’m then thinking I can use a steam link to connect to the TV in the lounge for light gaming but the PC can live in the study for working etc. I’d also like to use the machine as a bit of a server with remote access from a tablet/smart phone for picture and videos.

I originally wanted a laptop, but I think I’ll always use it in the study if doing anything I can’t do on the tablet, i.e. internet etc.

I’ve never built a machine myself and I have no idea how hard that is, but willing to try if it’s not too difficult.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to where I should be looking and recommended parts/full builds?

Ideally I’d like to keep the cost below £600 but I’m not sure what that will get me. I’ll be needing a monitor as well, so that should be factored in. Currently I have two old Dell square screens so I’m not sure that will cut it.

Cheers

Cramman

Last edited:
I know it's just a typo, but 'gamming' means a completely different thing altogether!:laugh:

Ha ha. So it does. I've edited the post

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom