Get Out Ultra HD Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I enjoyed this film but already picked up the BD, as the delay to the UHD was too long. I hope this doesn't become a pattern with UHD releases.

Didn't realise this was out on UHD. US or UK release?

Ooh, good film. While I'm sure it benefits aesthetically, I saw it first on Blu-ray and the film probably doesn't need the extra colours and res to shock. It's not terribly, terribly visual, and gets by on some wonderful creepiness. It is WEIRD that they let this release date happen so late, 4k would be a more logical choice for videophile viewers presented with both choices from day one.

p.s.
It's really REALLY counterintuitive, but minuscule is spelled with a 'u' like 'minus'-cule. I have no idea why, but, conditioned by many years as a subeditor, I just thought I'd share some knowledge.

Thanks for the review Cas,

Will probably wait for this to pop up on one of my streaming services as my spending on UHD has been getting some raised eyebrows :laugh:

I had my copy in UHD delivered yesterday and watched it yesterday afternoon, thanks for the review cas.

I saw this on BD recently and went into it knowing basically nothing. It's quite a surprise, taking a twist into bonkers territory for the final act. Not sure it gets away with it to be frank. If anyone has managed to avoid any spoilers and wants to watch this, then give it a go. If nothing else it's an interesting experiment in genre blending.

It's a very plain looking movie largely set one location (a big house) so it wouldn't benefit much from 4K, if it was even an option.

For me, this was just a bit too weird. Tale of two halves, first half being pretty good, second half ruining it for me. YMMV.

It's a good movie, I think I the very end could be good for a few alternate endings but no joy.

I went into this movie having read the rave reviews. I had no spoilers so watched it for what it was. It’s an ok film as others have said with a very far fetched and bonkers ending. Once you know the end, it offers no repeat viewing. This of course is all my own opinion.

Watched the BD some weeks back and liked the film. A little obvious but some good jumpy parts which I enjoy for this genre. Was planning on the UHD upgrade once released so sold my BD after watching.

By far the best film of 2017 and one of the best horrors to grace the screen. Everything about this was brilliant, it also had the best audience engagement I've ever witnessed on the both occasions I saw this at the Cinema.

Get Out, sponsored by Microsoft and Canon.

I had managed to avoid all spoilers going in, but still found the plot a little predictable (I didn't guess all of the twists, but most were obvious). Overall it was okay, but I don't see it as the masterpiece others obviously do. The UHD Blu-ray itself was a good watch, although not having seen the 1080p blu-ray I can't compare the two. Definitely not worth the £28.99 that Zavvi charged for it though.

Get Out, sponsored by Microsoft and Canon.

I had managed to avoid all spoilers going in, but still found the plot a little predictable (I didn't guess all of the twists, but most were obvious). Overall it was okay, but I don't see it as the masterpiece others obviously do. The UHD Blu-ray itself was a good watch, although not having seen the 1080p blu-ray I can't compare the two. Definitely not worth the £28.99 that Zavvi charged for it though.
£22.50 from Zoom using the 10% code Get Out 4K Ultra HD | ZOOM.co.uk

Finally got round to watching this and it was a really good movie, The transfer and HDR is pretty decent too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom