Ghost in the Shell (1995) 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - Anime-on-line - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 27/09/2021

GITS_4K.jpg

Exclusive Art by Matt Ferguson

Celebrate one of the most critically acclaimed anime films of all time in 4K Ultra HD!

2029: A female cybernetic government agent, Major Motoko Kusanagi, and the Internal Bureau of Investigations are hot on the trail of “The Puppet Master,” a mysterious and threatening computer virus capable of infiltrating human hosts. Together with her fellow agents from Section 9, Kusanagi embarks on a high-tech race against time to capture the omnipresent entity. Director Mamoru Oshii’s award-winning cyber-tech thriller, based on the comic book by Shirow Masamune, is lauded as one of the leading Japanese animation films ever!.

Brand new special features include:
  • Full-length audio commentary of GHOST IN THE SHELL. Participants include: Mary Claypool (Animation Writer and English Language Scriptwriter of GHOST IN THE SHELL), Eric Calderon (Animation Producer and Writer), Richard Epcar (Voice of "Batou" in the GHOST IN THE SHELL franchise), Charles Solomon (Animation Historian and Critic)
  • "Accessing Section 9: 25 Years into the Future" Featurette
  • "Landscapes & Dreamscapes – The Art and Architecture of GHOST IN THE SHELL" Featurette
Included:
  • 4K UHD disc containing the movie
  • Blu-ray Bonus discs containing: Art by Matt Ferguson
Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary - Full length audio commentary of GHOST IN THE SHELL. Participants include: Mary Claypool (Animation Writer and English Language Scriptwriter of GHOST IN THE SHELL), Eric Calderon (Animation Producer and Writer), Richard Epcar (Voice of ""Batou"" in the GHOST IN THE SHELL franchise), Charles Solomon (Animation Historian and Critic)
  • Accessing Section 9: 25 Years into the Future - Featurette (18:41)
  • Landscapes & Dreamscapes – The Art and Architecture of GHOST IN THE SHELL Featurette (10:49)
  • Production Report
  • Trailers
  • Digital Works

Steelbook option, thread: Ghost in the Shell (1995): Collector's Edition (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yep! this one's for me! :)

Great news - ordered!

Oh yes, what a glorious cover! Great film, Day One for me too.......:smashin:

We need this in the UK!!!

That steelbook! :love:

Is this the first old school anime they've done in 4K?

I want that steel

How come its so cheap from WowHD? It seems like a pricing error, I would expect it to be around £20-25 for a new release 4K.

Lionsgate's US catalogue titles are typically cheap.

I hear rumblings about Manga UK releasing this at some point, but there's no way it'll be sub £15 and I'd rather set fire to my money than give it to those plebs.

Ordering the standard one as we speak but will be all over that Steelbook too

Anyone know where it's available?

Neil

Lionsgate's US catalogue titles are typically cheap.

I hear rumblings about Manga UK releasing this at some point, but there's no way it'll be sub £15 and I'd rather set fire to my money than give it to those plebs.

Haha, Thanks I've pre-ordered the standard version from WowHD, I expected it to be priced quite a bit higher. I do like the look of the steelbook.

Thanks man, that's so beautiful
Hopefully can get one

Neil

its a bit trickier to buy from best buy....so you might have to pay over inflated prices on ebay. join a group buy from an american website, or try and circumvent the best buy buying process as they only ship to canada, usa and mexico

like you i have to have one as its a thing of beauty

its a bit trickier to buy from best buy....so you might have to pay over inflated prices on ebay. join a group buy from an american website, or try and circumvent the best buy buying process as they only ship to canada, usa and mexico

like you i have to have one as its a thing of beauty

Thought that was the case.

Just putting some feelers out now :)
I'll let you know if I have any luck :)

Neil

It's overpriced DNR'd coaster.

Heard exactly the same from a number of sources
So glad I just stuck to the last Blu-Ray release

Neil

Its the best it’s looked but it did seem pricey for what you get, with tax and stuff I was prolly £100+ for it.
Oof! :eek: That's a power of money. Personally, I would never have been able to justify such a high price tag. Fair play to you though.

It's overpriced DNR'd coaster.
Lol! I appreciate your honesty mate.

review, sounds like a mixed bag

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom