Ghost of Tsushima (PS4 - 17th July 2020)

its got a disgusting upgrade path

ps4 upgrade to ps4 directors cut $20
ps4 upgrade to ps5 directors cut $30
ps4 directors cut upgrade to ps5 directors cut $10

just charge for the dlc why make things so complicated

That's not so bad. What's $30 in human money? £20? For an upgrade and an expansion. I'm good for that. I love this game.
this type of upgrading will stop me buying your games on release as i know im wasting my money and would be better off waiting a year for the directors cut and buying that

this type of upgrading will stop me buying your games on release as i know im wasting my money and would be better off waiting a year for the directors cut and buying that
Yeah, I'm very anti buying the same thing twice.
Bioware can get bent if they think I'm paying twice for Mass Effect for example.
I loved Spidey on the PS4 but I was good with just getting the Miles Morales game for ps5 without feeling the need to upgrade the base game too.

So there's no way I'm going to do this for every game. I guess there's only a finite number of games they're going to do this sort of upgrading for. But I like this one well enough to cough up a bit extra for some more story and a prettier experience.

If you're a first time buyer and got the directors cut, can you play the original version too?

Bioware can get bent if they think I'm paying twice for Mass Effect for example.
that I was ok with as it has been a decade and there are 3 games with their dlc and no way to play it on ps4 or ps5

not a year later like this game

I do not quite understand the pricing.
I still have the PS4 and the PS4 version of the game. If i cannot get a hold of the PS5 any time soon and if i buy the Director's cut on ps4 (20 dollars) how much will the upgrade for ps5 cost? Still 30? So effectively i bought the DLC twice?

No, think of it as two different things, using dollars, directors cut upgrade is 20, PS5 upgrade is 10..

As annoying as it is having to pay the 70 I will still get it as never played before.

Bit late to the party on this one, but I completed it yesterday and really enjoyed it. A great game that I loved every minute of. it took 116 hours to get the platinum so I think I got my monies worth.
I played the standard PS4 disc version on my PS5 so now I’m debating the upgrade paths to get the Iki island DLC. If I upgrade to the PS5 directors cut will I be able to play it again for another set of trophies?

Bit late to the party on this one, but I completed it yesterday and really enjoyed it. A great game that I loved every minute of. it took 116 hours to get the platinum so I think I got my monies worth.
I played the standard PS4 disc version on my PS5 so now I’m debating the upgrade paths to get the Iki island DLC. If I upgrade to the PS5 directors cut will I be able to play it again for another set of trophies?

I think so yes, as long as you don't transfer your PS4 save over to PS5.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom