Ghost of Tsushima (PS4 - 17th July 2020)

^
... but I'm pretty crap when it comes to online play with my old boy moves but definitely looking forward to giving it a try...
I'll happily coop with you if I can be Toshiro Mifune :cool:

is this game being tarted up for a ps5 release ?

This experience is entering my face and eyes daily and I refuse to play it in colour or in English.
It's SO LOVELY!

The only downside of that is that their lips are still synced to the English dialogue which is DUMB!

This experience is entering my face and eyes daily and I refuse to play it in colour or in English.
It's SO LOVELY!

The only downside of that is that their lips are still synced to the English dialogue which is DUMB!
I love B&W samurai movies, but you're missing out by playing GoT not in colour, the pallette is gorgeous.
Luckily you unlock a special move later on that gives you that Kurosawa feeling in small doses.
I'm with you with the language though, played the whole thing in Japanese with Subs. And yes the lip sync was way off, that and some close ups of faces was one of the only lows of the game I thought.
I especially didn't like Jins face, looked off.

Just picked up the Deluxe Edition from the store today, Just got through the opening tutorial section and at the point where Jin and Juna go their seperate ways, So far its fantastic, i'm ending this gen playing Ghosts of Tsushima having started this gen with Sucker Punch's other game Infamous Second Son which by the way still holds up well, a fitting finish to this gen. 🥳

1602171520755.png

Last edited:
Downloading now, 9.859GB :smashin:
edit: note it clears you cash and flowers, but not skill upgrades, so i'd suggest doing any upgrading to max stuff before starting NG+ (including buying saddles, item upgrades etc), saving that to a slot.

dev interview: Ghost Of Tsushima Legends Puts More Fantasy And More Creative Control In The Hands Of Players

rewarded with Ghost Flowers with whatever you do. IT's a new form of currency that players can spend at this new vendor to buy cosmetics that make your armor look different, as well as charms that switch up your playstyle. I think a really good example of that is the charm of canine recruitment that allows you to sneak up on a Mongol dog and you can pet it until it fights on your side.

Oooo can i make a dog horde, to fight the mongol horde? :cool:

Last edited:
Played through the 1st 3 coop stories tonight, good fun.

Just finished this game yesterday with just a couple of question mark areas remaining. I then went back on for completion only to find some more question marks, strange stuff appearing on the map and a New Game Plus! I know an update got installed but I didn't how significant it was until I now come to this thread to catch up! Wow, what a great surprise because...

...I love this game! Great swansong for the PS4. Extraordinarily beautiful world and I so needed this after the quite depressing post-pandemic environments of Last of Us 2 and Days Gone (though both brilliant games). I am just so glad PS4 ends its exclusives in a highly vibrant and colourful way just as it started with the excellent Infamous Second Son and Horizon Zero Dawn. I love colour...especially now in this grey pandemic world we live in!

Kenji was my highlight, what a fun character. Really nice story, and got me reading up on all thing Mongol. And as an admirer of Kurosawa/Mifune movies, this was quite a beautiful homage to those films. There is even a black and white mode but no way can I play in that mode...I want all that glorious colour to continue attacking my senses.

The gameplay and swordplay were wonderfully implemented and so much fun to go in battle with different styles and flair.

I think Horizon Zero Dawn still remains my greatest open-world game for its epic scifi story, charisma and gameplay but Sony Entertainment just keeps on delivering through their talented and creative game studios.

The side quests were enjoyable and sometimes very sad, in fact, I never played a game that has so many tragic side missions :( But overall it was a very satisfying experience. Although most side quests involve repetitive combat, (as is the nature of open-world games) they make a great effort to encapsulate the gameplay with unique engaging stories and many mission encourages different approaches to combat/stealth the enemy.

Look forward to playing the new game plus and as I am at 90% trophies, I'll try to go for the platinum. And as I played the game in English, I have the opportunity to play through it again but this time in authentic Japanese language. But the english voice cast was fantastic. Very nuanced and I like they spoke with Japanese/Mongolian accents.

I am also curious about the online legends games, might give that a go even though I am not into multiplay.

Oh, and I like the idea of befriending canines, an element that I only recall Horizon Zero Dawn ever implementing (which I loved). And will make up for the stab in the heart canine involvement in Last of Us 2!!

Nice one Sucker Punch, I personally give this a 9/10.

Last edited:
Does Co op need ps plus?
I've read you can play the co-op missions and survival mode solo without PS+, however the are designed to multiplayer, so it can be much tricker.

I've done some bronze level missions solo, and not too bad and sort of like the main campaign on the harder difficulties. Bumping to Silver solo and it ramps up, but definitely easier than silver co-op.
I saw an unconfirmed post that some missions cannot be completed solo, due to 2 player "puzzles" (just need 2 players to do something at the same time).
Not tried Survivial solo, but i'm guessing its rough.

Wish they would of kept the moves and the different stances
I've found some higher level swords with two stances. So you can swap between say Moon and Stone. Apparently there's an epic/legendary with all 4 stances.

I think it's to promote team work, so not one person can do everything (until high level).

Anyone (Level) Ki 90 to co-op the Nightmare Challenges?

Managed to solo quite a few story missions now, and its quite different (especially at silver+) as you can't rush it. Quite enjoyable in its way, just hope they add more maps, and randomise things up even more.

You have too much game time, I'm still only level 15.
it's not hard to level up, as it goes by your gear. Story missions are faster, so a couple bronze to hit the min for silver, then a few silvers to hit the min for gold :smashin: Then you have to play a bit to get the good stuff.

I've done mission 1 solo Gold in under 20 mins, should be faster co-op.

@shaolin kid Done Nightmare solo in just over 30 mins :smashin: but you can't get the treasure boxes, so probably very hard to get on the leaderboards solo.
Definitely don't "need" PSN sub to enjoy this.

Legends solo really gives me Tenchu vibes, so loving the challenge!

@shaolin kid Done Nightmare solo in just over 30 mins :smashin: but you can't get the treasure boxes, so probably very hard to get on the leaderboards solo.
Definitely don't "need" PSN sub to enjoy this.

Legends solo really gives me Tenchu vibes, so loving the challenge!

Sorry I missed your invite the other night mate... Had notifications off as I was closing out the platinum and didn't realise until the next day. Gonna hit the MP tonight, so if you see me on, give me a shout.

Looking at it though, you've smashed the MP @Stinja :rotfl:

Have we much of an MP crew on here? Feel free to give me an add. Gaming from 21:30 ish till laaaaate usually, unless I've had a few beers. Can't seem to keep my eyes open after a skinful nowadays. That's what kids do for your late night gaming / drinking habits!

Looking at it though, you've smashed the MP @Stinja :rotfl:

Have we much of an MP crew on here? Feel free to give me an add. Gaming from 21:30 ish till laaaaate usually, unless I've had a few beers. Can't seem to keep my eyes open after a skinful nowadays. That's what kids do for your late night gaming / drinking habits!
I can be on, just ping an invite if anyone sees me online :smashin:

Just seen this has multiplayer co-op now...and a Raid coming? Sounds great. Definitely going to pick up a copy.

Hit me up when you’re on mate

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom