Ghost of Tsushima (PS4 - 17th July 2020)

So getting this, I miss Tenchu.:D

Was nice a trailer, infamous second son was decent enough it will be interesting to see what they can do with a new IP, hopefully it will scratch that Onimusha / Tenchu itch.

I always feel the Infamous games were underrated epic PS exclusives despite the fact its successful enough to have sequels, its just not talked about much, though I could be wrong and just not noticing. But I am glad to see this developer delivering something equally or even more epic and is on my anticipation watch, solely for the developer's integrity.

I thought the infamous games were pretty average tbh but like the look of this. Will keep an eye on it.

I quite enjoyed the Infamous games although I did find Second Son lacking in comparison to 2. I preferred Cole to Delsin too. I certainly wouldn't call them 'average' but they were not Game of the Year contenders either.

I am really looking forward to seeing how this develops. The initial reveal ticked a lot of boxes about a game I have been wanting for a while. I would love this to be 'similar' to the Witcher 3 in a lot of ways - A big open world RPG set in feudal Japan with choices and consequences. A Robust RPG upgrade tree with decent side quests, contracts etc too. I know this isn't likely to have the same 'fantasy' setting with contracts against 'monsters' and a variety of different potions, oils etc. It seems as though the enemies are going to be 'human'

I wouldn't complain if it was more like Horizon: Zero Dawn (my GotY for 2017 so far) in structure - fewer side quest/activities, more basic RPG upgrade tree etc than other RPG's and very few that had an impact on the world/characters. The story I expect will be more 'linear' - like H:ZDs (compared to other RPG's with multiple endings) with little choice - other than when you actually decide to take on the 'next' mission. As I said, I wouldn't complain if it had more in common with H:ZD than the Witcher 3, its still on my wanted list...

I think second son suffered from the PS4 launch window, the story missions were fun, but the additional content was a bit thread bare compared to previous iterations. First Light I really enjoyed for a standalone DLC. Definitely interested in this.

2nd son was OK, Delsin was annoying though.

Infamous 2 was brilliant, I played through it as both good and bad, back to back and never got bored of it. Infamous 1 was also good once you'd got into it.

So, yes I'm very much looking forward to this, Samurai era stuff being one of my favourite genres.

takemymoney.jpg

Very unexpected from SP, love it.

sucker punch won me over with infamous 2 man that game was awesome have been playing all there games since

"Open world ... action stealth game" :eek: :thumbsup:

I was so hoping for something like this, so please be good...

I thought the premise for this looked great, one of those settings that you wonder why it hasn’t had more games made about. There were rumours of an Assassins Creed, but that never seemed to come about. I just hope there is no weird fantasy stuff or gimmicks and it is authentic, as much as it can be.

I just hope there is no weird fantasy stuff or gimmicks and it is authentic, as much as it can be.
Well it's called "Ghost..." and the teaser vid looks like the protagonist is on fire -> then dead, so i'm expecting some weird supernatural stuff, and gimmicks along the lines of Infamous ninja powers :hiya:

Despite that, I have a shed-load more faith in Sucker Punch churning out a good game than UbiSoft OpenWorldVomitDivision4...

True, but I just hope it isn’t too outlandish. Mystical yes, dream sequences or something repeated to Japanese folklore. Just not bombastic over the top bosses.

I wonder what the combat will be like, something like Assassins Creed I guess. I guess that’s why they will probably emphasise the stealth element, creating good samurai sword fighting mechanics would be tough.

The developers interview in post #2 does say (paraphrased) "infamous you explored powers, GoT you explore what it is to be a samurai in the world", so hopefully more social and cultural elements?

The last few seconds do make me think you learn some ninja powers. Whether you die and just learn ghostly stealth moves, or ninja save you / you go to them for revenge and learn ninja-ing to repel the Mongols (if historically accurate, the Mongols used a lot of Korean auxiliaries as troops, and Mongols would mostly be command and elite positions).

Hmmm makes me wish for a Mongol game where you follow the story of Chinggis Khan, and take over your tribe -> unite the tribes -> conqueror the largest contiguous land empire in history :lesson:

I guess that’s why they will probably emphasise the stealth element, creating good samurai sword fighting mechanics would be tough.
if they could take some combat tips from Nioh that would be great, it's brilliant with the alternate stances you can switch through on the fly.

Looks amazing, can't wait for this

I think the other 3 big E3 games are getting more attention, well, maybe Death Stranding for its weirdness, but this is top of my list of these 4 so far.

Has there been a release date or even a rough one given for this?

I would be quite happy for all these great looking games to release next year, not got the time to play them all this year, Spiderman, BFV, RD2 will all take up my time as it is, not to mention my huge backlog of games.

Very artistic: reminds me of Raise the Red Lantern, Couching Tiger etc

However I was hoping for a bit of sneaky-sneaky ninja action, and (what was shown) looks instead very much samurai.

Wait and see I guess.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom