Ghost of Tsushima (PS4 - 17th July 2020)

Looking forward to getting a better look at this. So far it look a great.

26th June 2020 Official Release Date.

Attachments

• 1583424727759.png
    1583424727759.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
  • 1583425027818.png
    1583425027818.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
Holy smokes - game of the decade I reckon after watching the new story trailer!

I must admit, I am getting chicken feet about this game and think it'll be brilliant. 2020 is shaping up to be a fantastic year for games!

Think this might be the one game I buy this year - looks amazing and although open world at elast it looks very unique.
As long as it doesn't have ridiculously difficult and brutal combat like Nioh or Dark Souls then I'm in.
Salivating thinking what it will look like in HDR on my OLED :)

How big of a difference do those HDR tvs make? I'm not going to bother getting a 4K telly as I am very very happy with 1080p, but I am wondering if the HDR could make an impact as I believe it affects everything on the telly?

How big of a difference do those HDR tvs make? I'm not going to bother getting a 4K telly as I am very very happy with 1080p, but I am wondering if the HDR could make an impact as I believe it affects everything on the telly?

Depends on the game, some look amazing such as GT Sport, God of War, Uncharted etc... and some like Red Dead Redemption, which has broken, rubbish HDR don't look any better.

HDR generally makes a massive difference to gaming and movies and actually if the TV is big enough then 4K is a worthwhile investment as well. Obviously I'd recommend OLED over LCD even though it's not as bright it's still bright enough to burn your eyeballs and the picture quality is stunning :)

A good 4k set looks brilliant with certain games on the Pro.

Thanks for that @Toasty you've properly got me excited now! Intrigued to see how this plays with no way points.

Hey folks – just a quick note that we’re finalizing a special episode of State of Play airing this Thursday, May 14 at 1:00pm Pacific Time // 4:00pm Eastern Time on Twitch and YouTube.

SoP_GoT_Social_1080p_US.gif

The episode will be focused entirely on Ghost of Tsushima, coming to PS4 July 17. You’ll get an extended look at new gameplay footage, including exploration, combat and more. The current cut is clocking in around 18 minutes, give or take.

And just to be clear — there won’t be any PS5 news or updates in this episode, just a big, beautiful look at Sucker Punch’s PS4 open-world epic.

Don’t miss the Twitch and YouTube

This is what I’ve been saying. Sony are concentrating on this and TLoU2 before they start dropping PS5 megatons.

... gameplay footage ...
What madness is this? :eek:

I guess showing stealth and assassinations would be dull, but given hints, i still hope one can do a full-stealth run. Hopefully it's not an Ubisoft inspired "Ass Creed: Japan" with forced base-building, making armies and mass combat. Although co-ordinating full teams of ninja to silently take out a camp could be cool.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom