Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (X1)

Played the beta for a couple of hours yesterday and whilst it still needs some polish for release, it was much better than the tech test and played more like a successor to Wildlands than the vibe I got from the tech test.

I explored a bit, collected some gear, had a play around with the loadouts, and got as far as the stronghold and did a couple of side missions and then thought I would leave it there, in case I do get it eventually.

Felt more positive about it from the beta, but still not keen on the gameplay footage of attacking future tech vehicles.

Been playing the new beta. I kinda like it, I'm a sucker for a Tom Clancy game but I'm not overly excited and will wait for a sale, feels like GR meets zelda lol.
Just finished playing SC Blacklist (good grief that's a good game!) and I'd say GR has slightly worse graphics. Really ugly looking game.

Open Beta now live for a few days. Going to see how it compares to the Closed Beta later.

Played this for a bit tonight. Didn't play for too long, as I've played the same content in the tech test, closed beta and now open beta. I did play enough to see that it looked better than the closed beta, but this may have just been from playing the open beta on my X, whereas I played the closed beta on my Day One.

I like it a lot more than the tech test, but still not sure about the shootouts with future tech enemy vehicles, but never came across that in my beta time to experience it for myself.

Played co-op Thursday eve. They have gone backwards with the awful interface compared to wildlands. The gun play is decent and the enemies are pretty challenging. But I imagine it will take a few updates to bring it to a more polished state

Playing the open beta now, anybody else having issues with the item wheel? RB brings the wheel up, but I'm unable to choose an item.

Nevermind, it just randomly started working

Last edited:
Oh dear.

Early access has shown Ubisoft have gone full microtransaction in Breakpoint.

Early access has shown Ubisoft have gone full microtransaction in Breakpoint.
The vid I posted shows how the story's is about "crash landing all alone!" then your shoved in a social hub with 100s of other people purely to drive sales of pink hats and dance moves. Absolute garbage.

I enjoyed the beta until the social hub and it went downhill from there.
Did not play it after that.

Can't say I'm surprised by all the bad news around this. Looked terrible (imo) from the reveal and has only gotten worse with all the micro-transaction stuff. Then the classic "no reviews before release" tactic...I wonder why?!?!

i bought the disc this morning and to my suprise this game is not 4K :facepalm: on the box just has HDR x enhanced

but not fussed i`ll play through it finish it then get rid :laugh:

I don't think the news comes as any surprise. Ubi seem to be losing their ability to chuck out a decent game nowadays.

Did look to the world for me like it was just a Wildlands 1.5 and that set the alarm bells ringing straight away.

I'm enjoying so far. The enemy bots are a lot better than Wildlands and there is tonnes of stuff to keep you busy.

I'm tempted to get this despite the reviews, any other's on here finding it good?

If you liked Wildlands this is a lot like that. It expands a lot. I haven't tried online but the single player is good.

If you liked Wildlands this is a lot like that. It expands a lot. I haven't tried online but the single player is good.

Not played wildlands, might pick this up when it drops in price.

I enjoyed Wildlands, but will be waiting for the price to drop before I consider getting Breakpoint.

Not played wildlands, might pick this up when it drops in price.

Better off getting Wildlands for peanuts in one of the regular sales as its better than this by the sound of things.

Better off getting Wildlands for peanuts in one of the regular sales as its better than this by the sound of things.

Yeah, reviews are 50/50, mostly poor.

Will hold off, I buy digital so £60 is a lot for a game that doesn't review well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom