Ghost Wars (US)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The drama, set in an Alaskan town overrun by paranormal forces, will premiere in the U.S. on Syfy and elsewhere globally on Netflix.

donofrio.jpg

642b03976fc5cf55a130511bd0637714.jpg

The NBC Universal-owned cable network has acquired 13-episode drama series Ghost Wars from Nomadic Pictures, showrunner Simon Barry (Van Helsing) and starring Vincent D'Onofrio and Kim Coates.

Ghost Wars is created by Barry, who expands his relationship with Syfy following Continuum and fellow acquisition Van Helsing. Production on the drama started May 1 in Vancouver.

The series revolves around local outcast Roman Mercer (Avan Jogia, Tut) who must overcome the town’s prejudices and his own personal demons if he’s to harness his repressed psychic powers and save everyone from the mass haunting that’s threatening to destroy them all. D’Onofrio (Daredevil), Coates (Sons of Anarchy), Kristin Lehman (Motive) and Meatloaf (Fight Club) star. David Von Ancken (Tut), who previously worked with Nomadic on AMC's Hell on Wheels will direct.

"Ghost Wars is not just a contemporary homage to classic psychological horror, it’s also an opportunity to tell stories about human politics and how we shape our beliefs and lives based on our individual perspectives and biases,” Barry said in a release announcing the news Wednesday. “Science, humanism, religion and the paranormal all get a seat at the table. I’m grateful that [Nomadic co-chairmen] Chad Oakes and Mike Frislev have assembled such a wealth of talent, both in front of and behind the camera, to hopefully elevate this genre series beyond expectations."

Ghost Warsexecutive produced by Nomadic's Oakes and Frislev, Barry, Dennis Heaton(Motive) and Von Ancken. Nomadic Pictures will distribute the series within Canada, the U.S. and the rest of the world.

episode 1, an ok pilot :boring:

Last edited:
till episode 3, nothing significantly :boring: interesting, will wait till how Roman harness his repressed psychic powers to deal with the situation :zonked: but why the pastors couldn't handle such cases :clown: since
those ghosts were mostly died wrongfully who refused to move on but to seek revenge by messing the minds of those that caused them to die in order to kill them

Last edited:
Recommended this to her in doors, not my thing normally, however, just started watching the second episode, its well acted and script is good between actors so will invest my evening on a few more.

As Cordelia said to Angel, "If that was my gift, I'd return it."

Not surprised, its bloody awful. Total jigsaw of a waste.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom