Global domination through Ebay or how to make a few quid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setenza

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Okay folks, my business partner and I intend to make ourself millionaires through trading on Ebay :rolleyes:

We always bought and never sold, but times they are a changing, so we've put up our first sale.

Any tips and pointers would be greatly received, so we avoid obvious pitfalls and maximise the profits.

Oh and here's a link and some shameless self promotion.

Hyperskid

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I have no sold a fair amount of stuff on ebay and I'll say the following.

Describe your item fully, this stops the barrage of questions, keep postage realisitic, get item out in a timely fashion so you can get the FB and concentrate on selling more stuff.

Sadly there is no idiot filter on ebay so you will eventually run into trouble, I always send my items via recorded post or courier to avoid being told item never arrived despite being addressed and packaged correctly.

Basically if you lay everything down in your listing that the buyer should be aware of then there 'should' be no comebacks, take pics of the items, don't use stock pics.

Your listing is fine, just watch peeps saying that it don't fit.

Liam

I've just received 20p from my business partner after our first successful sale :thumbsup:

I have a new item up for grabs. A nice unwanted, girlie mobile phone:

Hyperskid

Please make me rich :rotfl:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Should you be using this forums to promote your sale items ??

Yeah, I make it twice in two consecutive posts, a bit naughty....:nono: :nono:

Dont promote your sales here though or a Mod will be down on your head like a ton of bricks ;)

Dave

Edit: Beaten to it...

Mrs S got promoted but her status is the same? :confused:

Now you've lost me LFC....

If you are selling a product at lets say £20, do a buy it now for £1 and postage for £19 (make this clear in the listing), that way the final final fee will be a percentage of £1 (sell amount) rather than the higher £19.

Closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom