Google Pixel 4a

Very tempted but not having spent more than £200 on a phone before I am a tad nervous. The fact that the 4a is not too big, has an oled screen & the camera is supposed to be so good certainly appeals. Samsung m31 has oled screen, excellent battery but it is a lot bigger and camera is decent apparently but not pixel quality. Decisions??😗

Personally I wouldn't touch a phone with an Exynos processor again, even ones of equal specs to a Snapdragon always run worse and have worse battery life, looking at that one it doesn't match the Snapdragon.

Plus with the Pixel you get 3 years of fast updates, the Samsung they will be a lot slower as always.

Yes it's £319 but the phone will last you longer than the £200 Samsung which I imagine will be stuttering from new with that chipset. It's cheaper for a reason. Depends on your expectations.

Not sure what processor my J5 2017 has but not noticed any issues with mine. I do understand you get what you pay for, although by all accounts the m31 appears to be a bargain. Take your point though. What phone you changed up from out of interest?

Not sure what processor my J5 2017 has but not noticed any issues with mine. I do understand you get what you pay for, although by all accounts the m31 appears to be a bargain. Take your point though. What phone you changed up from out of interest?

I went from a Samsung Galaxy S8 with an Exynos 8895 processor, that thing was starting to chug along. Although I got the Pixel 5, my mum just got the Pixel 4a so I've been setting it up and it's just as smooth and responsive to use.

I have a brand new Pixel 4a listed in the classifieds if interested :)

Curious what people here use video settings wise, 4k30 or 1080p60? Do you lose a lot of quality going for 1080p and 60fps?

Also nice to see the Google feature update landing with some good additions.

In the market for pixel4a the only thing I'm wondering about is the usb cable for charging and transfers. I've read that it's picky regarding c to a adapters and that any I already have may well not work. 25 euro for a dedicated unit from Googlestore. Can anyone give feedback on this aspect? Thanks.

In the market for pixel4a the only thing I'm wondering about is the usb cable for charging and transfers. I've read that it's picky regarding c to a adapters and that any I already have may well not work. 25 euro for a dedicated unit from Googlestore. Can anyone give feedback on this aspect? Thanks.
Any decent cable from Amazon should be fine. I don't rate the official Google ones. Bought one for a previous Pixel and it wouldn't fast charge, where a £5 Amazon cable did.

Could do with some advice please.
I have a pixel 3a on a 2 year contract, with just under a month to go.
It's now become very temperamental at charging and it's not the cables I am using as they are fine for another phone.
Is it best to stick it out, or would I do ok to upgrade early to a 4a?
I don't want a big phone so the 4a seems ideal.
I bought at carphone warehouse, and am on O2.
Many thanks

would I do ok to upgrade early to a 4a

I'd never take the network's upgrade option, and certainly not for a 2 year contract
- 12 month sim only deals are the best value

I'd shop around for the best sim-free handset only deal
- currently £299 at Carphone Warehouse, Argos and Currys
5% cashback with Carphone Warehouse via TopCashback will give you back £15ish

Sim only contracts are getting cheaper and cheaper for reasonable data
- I last haggled with 3 last December to get 12GB data (+ unlimited mins and texts) for £8/month, can get that cheaper now, so I'll get it knocked down this December or switch

Anyone else not too keen on the new UI for the Android 12 update?

Wishing I could switch back to the older layout

Just upgraded to the new 6. Should be here tomorrow. I've been really impressed with my 4a, that's why I've stuck with the brand. Only had one hiccup, where it wouldn't recognise my security pin, no matter how many times I entered it. Necessitated a hard reset, but has been right as ninepence since then

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom