Gran Turismo Sport - 2020 Racing

Class is Gr.3 and I've decided not to live stream, I'm going to record and post the video once it's been edited instead

Class is Gr.3 and I've decided not to live stream, I'm going to record and post the video once it's been edited instead

Great make sure my crashes are edited properly? Nice :)

20200709_200121.jpg
20200709_200129.jpg

Try filtering out just friends lobby. That’s how I found it

Definitely have Lefty as a friend? That’s weird otherwise.

Hey @LeftyXXIII that was great fun. Will try and see if I can stay on longer next week.
2nd race maybe should be a qualy and sprint race just do you don’t get the mess at the start.
Also the slipstream is way too strong, almost like having no brakes when in it.

Apart from that it worked really well. Just need to work out which tyres to use. Could maybe just limit it to two compounds?

Thanks again Lefty.

@Kev this week I had to use the room ID whereas last week I just filtered on rooms with Friends and got straight in. Definitely different this week so safest I assume to use room id.

Cheers all enjoyed that.

Absolute riot , especially the start of the second race when it looked as though I had nitrous , can’t wait to see the video of that 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Great fun, albeit with a few accidents and some odd ghosting problems! Great track/car combo!
Can we have the race details in full a day before next time so we aren't just guessing on fuel and tyres?

Great fun, albeit with a few accidents and some odd ghosting problems! Great track/car combo!
Can we have the race details in full a day before next time so we aren't just guessing on fuel and tyres?

When you got punted into the multiverse at the beginning of the first race I did chuckle a bit and then was looking in my mirrors to see if I was going to get punted and missed the braking zone and drove off to Germany! :D

Think I spent most of that race at the back but was fun anyway.

it’s an absolute cracker of a track , still hate the exhaust of that beetle @LeftyXXIII , sounds like a herd of wasps as it goes past 🤣🤣🤣

When you got punted into the multiverse at the beginning of the first race I did chuckle a bit and then was looking in my mirrors to see if I was going to get punted and missed the braking zone and drove off to Germany! :D

Think I spent most of that race at the back but was fun anyway.

The last race was great, Mr Benson was way slower than me but difficult to overtake, giving Lefty a real head-start. Really got my head down and reeled him in setting some seriously fast laps, but couldn't quite catch him. I have to admit, I've never even driven the Beetle, just looks slow to me! 😂

There should be a ban on the Beetle. Way too fast for what it is. I have driven it but feel too embarrassed usually...obviously @LeftyXXIII doesn't ;)

EDIT - omg just realised you can type text on the PS4 with your phone that’ll make life a lot easier.

There should be a ban on the Beetle. Way too fast for what it is. I have driven it but feel too embarrassed usually...obviously @LeftyXXIII doesn't ;)

EDIT - omg just realised you can type text on the PS4 with your phone that’ll make life a lot easier.

Really? How? I have a USB keyboard plugged in!
As for the Beetle, I was definitely quicker in my Jag! ;)

how’s the typing from the phone work , I do need to be able to do that !!!!

Seems to be an app called second screen where you can connect and then type directly from your phone.

I shall have a play with that , the onscreen keyboard is a nightmare !!!

I shall have a play with that , the onscreen keyboard is a nightmare !!!

Yeh it’s pointless. I’ll try the app next time. Didn’t know you could use a keyboard though.

Hey @LeftyXXIII that was great fun. Will try and see if I can stay on longer next week. 2nd race maybe should be a qualy and sprint race just do you don’t get the mess at the start.
Also the slipstream is way too strong, almost like having no brakes when in it. Apart from that it worked really well. Just need to work out which tyres to use. Could maybe just limit it to two compounds?

I'm still trialling a few things with the setup - think of this first season as a beta.

it’s an absolute cracker of a track , still hate the exhaust of that beetle @LeftyXXIII , sounds like a herd of wasps as it goes past 🤣🤣🤣

The BoP is on to level out the playing field and to avoid one car dominating. The Beetle was strong this week because it's a shorter track and no crazy long straights which shows its weaknesses, but it would be shown up at somewhere like Monza.

All I'll say is that that's two consecutive weeks where I've won the main event and then finished second in the Sprint, despite starting at the back - I drove a Renault in the first week so you can't blame it solely on the car, there is a little bit of driving ability here... :D

The last race was great, Mr Benson was way slower than me but difficult to overtake, giving Lefty a real head-start. Really got my head down and reeled him in setting some seriously fast laps, but couldn't quite catch him. I have to admit, I've never even driven the Beetle, just looks slow to me! 😂

Maybe I was letting you catch me so I could spice up my evening? ;)

Oh I'll have the leaderboards up tomorrow as well as a video of the first race - trialling a few things with my Elgato and camera setup so you'll get to see me working wonders with my DS4.

I'll try and make next week but the times are right in the middle of little one going to bed and dinner (yes, we eat late :D)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom