Gran Turismo Sport - 2020 Racing

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New thread to keep the TT one strictly for TT talk...

Having used the first session as a bit of a feeler and gathering the feedback from here and work, I've got something that'll work.

Time: Thursday @ 7.50pm

Practice - 10 minutes
Qualifying - 6 minutes
Main Event - 12 laps
Sprint Race - 5 laps

The car choice will be restricted within a specific class (with BoP) and the circuit will be selected by a participant each week when they enter the lobby - this negates any advantage I have and also keeps it fair for those who don't have experience on a particular circuit.

For the Main Event I'll up the tyre/fuel wear so that it forces a pit stop (or at least a sketchy finish if using hard tyres).

Last edited:
Week 1 - 03/12
Car Class: Gr.2 (M) / Gr.3 (S)
Circuit: Autódromo De Interlagos

Week 2 - 10/12
Car Class: Gr.3 (M) / Gr.4 (S)
Circuit: Laguna Seca Raceway

Week 3 - 17/12
Car Class: Gr.1 (M) / Gr.2 (S)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

Format
Practice - Open practice where you can test cars/tyres ahead of qualifying
Qualifying - Two laps (or so) to get your quickest time. No tyre/fuel wear.
Main Event - Twelve laps in the main event which offers the most points and has tyre/fuel wear.
Sprint Race - Reversed grid from the Main Event and five laps with no tyre/fuel wear.

Last edited:
I might be able to make it the odd Thursday, usually 7-8:30pm is better for me but will give it a go, won;t be able to do every week but will be doing it for fun anyway :)

10 minutes to practice isn't much time if you include loading the track and trying cars - will the track details be out beforehand so we can do a little practicing before 7:50?

Sign me up!!

Yes please for fun. Was distracted by football last night :)

I'd like to be in but not sure the time is going to work for me. Will see what I can do :)

I'm in please :)

10 minutes to practice isn't much time if you include loading the track and trying cars - will the track details be out beforehand so we can do a little practicing before 7:50?

I'm going to use a random generator to determine who gets to pick the circuit each week but I want to keep it as level a playing field as possible, so no one will know until at least midday(ish) on the day as that's when I'll use the random generator.

Some of us clock up 500+ miles a week on the TTs and some only 50+ miles and I want to keep things as fair as possible (as well as interesting) so if whoever is selected opts to confirm the circuit straight away on here that's fine, but they are under no obligation to - they can wait until later in the evening as long as it's before 7.50 (otherwise I'll get someone else to choose) 🙂

I shouldn't have too many issues opening the lobby at 7.30 most weeks, but just wanted to give myself a bit of wiggle room just in case work gets in the way.

We're also up to 9 drivers already which is good - should mean a solid 6 or 7 each week at the moment.

You could always put a selection of tracks into a random generator and let a computer choose :)

I think i might make a comeback. 🤔 🦊

As much as I enjoy the time trials , I’m really looking forward to this !!!!

Up to 12 participants with their names down - hopefully that's a grid of 10 most weeks 🙂

You can save the replay at the end? I'm in the market for an Elgato but I won't have one before Thursday unfortunately.

You can just stream it from your PS4, it automatically uploads it to YT.

count me in, might not be able to make every Thursday but it should be fun having a few races.:)

what's the lobby limit ? , 16 rings a bell for some reason ......

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom